Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328Ci -> 2010 335i
Quick dumb question - Production Week

Could not see specific info in search mode -

How are production weeks numbered? 2009 started on Thursday, January 1st. Is that considered week one? Or is the week starting Sunday, January 4th/Monday, January 5th, (a full week) considered week one of 2009 as far as numbering production weeks is concerned?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 09-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Since tha factories don`t run on Saturday and Sunday, I would think they base the "production week" numbers on that, so even if January 1st was on Friday, that would still be considered "Week 52", the following week would be "Week 1", and so on....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
Per the ISO standard for date and time (8601), the method for numbering weeks is described here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date

...Since Jan 1, 2009 was a Thursday that makes that week, which goes Mon-Sun, Week 1. If Jan 1 were on a Fri, Sat, or Sun it would be in Week 52 (or 53) of the previous year.

Today, Sep 27, is the last day of Week 39.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 328Ci -> 2010 335i
Thanks

It's more complicated than I thought!!

But now I know when my car will be built - week 41 = October 5th ->
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Individual
Question Order Status?

Ordered my first BMW on 09/22/2012. The CA working with me explained the following: We will use another car order and modify it to your specs. Then this will become your car and Production Number. The paperwork I was given was titled "Order Modification Confirmation Dealer". On the right side of the printout there is a section that says "Your order request have been Rejected". SABI Exception: Earliest possible production week is greater than Sub.Req.Week, Earliest production week 45/11/2012. Status: 111-, priority Code: 1-Customer Sold

What does all this mean? Has car been ordered? Thanks, have put $8000 on car as required for order to go through.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
111 is order accepted. Maybe you've been bumped to week 45.

Possibly someone in Ask a Dealer can confirm.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.