Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126  
Old 06-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Ben's 545i Ben's 545i is offline
Registered User
Location: South of Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: '04 545i, 01 740il
Mike I didn't notice much of a difference before and after with the exception of the 30-40mph hiccups. I didn't really have any issues with shifting before the pan and sleeve were replaced. Once that was done, I got the hiccups and a few times it seemed to want to completely lock up in gear. Once the mechatronics were replaced all was back to normal.

The shifting is hard to explain. On my wife's E38 you can't feel the shifts at all. On my E60 you can feel them but not as much as on other cars. I think the E60 is meant to be a little sportier and tends to feel a bit "jumpy" or "twitchy" when you step on it. It's hard to say that you can't feel the shift when all you drive is BMW's .
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
mikewils mikewils is offline
Registered User
Location: Overland Park, KS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 95
Mein Auto: Ex - '05 545i
Gotcha. I'm not worried about anything but the hiccups, was just wondering about shifting in general. My BMW experience was limited to E90 and X5 until I bought the 545.
__________________
Ex-2005 545i - Orient Blue/Auburn Dakota/Anthracite Bamboo Trim
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
mikewils mikewils is offline
Registered User
Location: Overland Park, KS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 95
Mein Auto: Ex - '05 545i
You can't make this up

New appointmet set for June 24th.

Oh btw, the left headlight went out over the weekend. Angel eyes work, xenon went pink Friday night, not on at all now. That headlight unit is less than a year old, dealer put it in new when I bought the car.
__________________
Ex-2005 545i - Orient Blue/Auburn Dakota/Anthracite Bamboo Trim
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
togles togles is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sports Package
Dropped my car off this morning, mentioned that there was a SIB associated with this. I dont feel very confident that theyll find or do anything about this.

I also mentioned that when the car is in gear at a stop that the idle is a bit rough, but that the rpms dont change as well in this case. He said that was normal?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 AM
togles togles is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sports Package
Update - SA called me back already and said that there was a software update for this transmission issue and that they were installing it! He said that it also addressed the rough idle issue but that he said mine was not that bad so I may or may not notice a change.
Also - he indicated that all of the software on the car would be updated if it were relevant and that it may not be ready for pick up today because that would take a long time to go through that process.
I will try to find out the actual details on this software update and post it here.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
aiwapro aiwapro is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Michigan, United States
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 819
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35d
I called my Service Advisor today for an update, and he informed me that the sleeve thing was causing the leak, and that he was going to contact my extended warranty company, Vehicle One, to open a claim.

Regarding the 35-40 shifting issue, he said there was a software update, that has resolved the issue for many. It seems a couple of people have had success with that on the forums and/or this thread, so maybe it'll work. It doesn't matter to me much, either way, as long as it is fixed, and along with the issue being resolved when you get the hard shift when decelerating to 0.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 PM
aiwapro aiwapro is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Michigan, United States
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 819
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35d
Anyone know if this software upgrade will upgrade i-Drive, as well? I was thinking about having the iPod dock connector added, or the AUX port, but that filter installed in-line, which I hear filters out a lot of the low frequencies, would bother me.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
stjoelax07 stjoelax07 is offline
Registered User
Location: South Bend, IN
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 51
Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sport
Note, Have had the 30 to 40 mph hiccup now for over a year, the SA at my dealer has already replaced the sleeve, and performed the software update, and the hiccups still remain. Now for the past couple of weeks it seems like it lurches into gear once it gets up to about 40 mph. When will BMWNA finally get through their heads that this is a problem in the E60's that maybe they should check into.
__________________

2006 750i Black Sapphire, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Comfort Access, Comfort Seating, Cooled seats, Heated Rear Seats, MTEC Angel Eyes.
2005 545i Titanium Grey, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, K40 Caliber Built in Radar System
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
aiwapro aiwapro is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Michigan, United States
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 819
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODZILLA View Post
Hello. I actually found this site while doing a search on 545i transmission update. I have had the same thing going on with my car like others have described a sense of surging and loss of power. Anway, long story short took the car in to get a leak looked at they replaced the parts under warranty and then I noticed the surging. I took the car back this Mon b/c of the surging and b/c it still had a small leak. I just got call that it has a cracked pan and it was leaking transmission fluid. The service rep said it may have contributed to the surging issue. But he also recommended to do a software transmission update that BMW specifically rolled out to cure the problem. Well I read another person on this thread saying that it was just a program issue so I told the rep to go ahead and do it. At 135.00 I figured it would give me a sense of ease knowing that I tried that too since it will be going off CPO warranty in August. I'll share some more once I get the car back.

Any update from you, on this?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Following this thread closely.

My 05 545i w/48k is starting to surge oddly. It's as if the a lower grade of gas is in the tank. I am able to replicate it on every drive. So far it's only noticable under 60mph, but in my opinion it's more than just an adaptive throttle problem. I am planning a trip to the dealership tomorrow morning as the car is CPO'ed for another 50k miles.


UPDATE:

Dealer reset the adaptive throttle and it seems to have corrected the stutter. I am not 100% convinced this will be my last visit for this problem as other have said that the reset helps but doesn't cure the issue.

Last edited by SirLoins; 06-16-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 AM
togles togles is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sports Package
The software update appears to have worked. I havent done a whole lot of driving since I picked the car up but the surging has not happened since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by togles View Post
Update - SA called me back already and said that there was a software update for this transmission issue and that they were installing it! He said that it also addressed the rough idle issue but that he said mine was not that bad so I may or may not notice a change.
Also - he indicated that all of the software on the car would be updated if it were relevant and that it may not be ready for pick up today because that would take a long time to go through that process.
I will try to find out the actual details on this software update and post it here.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
aiwapro aiwapro is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Michigan, United States
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 819
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35d
Good. I may get my vehicle back tomorrow, and they are suppose to perform the software upgrade, in an attempt to resolve the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-18-2010, 05:23 AM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwapro View Post
Good. I may get my vehicle back tomorrow, and they are suppose to perform the software upgrade, in an attempt to resolve the issue.
I had the adaptive throttle reset, but I wanted the software upgrade. Let me know how that works for you. I've decided to go to a different dealership as the one I just left doesn't seem to willing to perform the upgrade as "they don't feel the car is shifting improperly".
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM
togles togles is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sports Package
The Software upgrade DID NOT work.
It would appear that now at 30-35 mph that this problem occurs. I dont recall it ever happening at this speed before. I have tried to get it to happen at the 4-50 and 50-60 mph range but it doesnt seem to happen there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by togles View Post
The software update appears to have worked. I havent done a whole lot of driving since I picked the car up but the surging has not happened since.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 AM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by togles View Post
The Software upgrade DID NOT work.
It would appear that now at 30-35 mph that this problem occurs. I dont recall it ever happening at this speed before. I have tried to get it to happen at the 4-50 and 50-60 mph range but it doesnt seem to happen there anymore.
That sucks...seems I now have a weird jump in acceleration between 0-20 mph. Even passengers notice it.

This has to be a know issue that dealerships are unwilling to address.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Ben's 545i Ben's 545i is offline
Registered User
Location: South of Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: '04 545i, 01 740il
Quote:
Originally Posted by togles View Post
The Software upgrade DID NOT work.
It would appear that now at 30-35 mph that this problem occurs. I dont recall it ever happening at this speed before. I have tried to get it to happen at the 4-50 and 50-60 mph range but it doesnt seem to happen there anymore.
They reset mine three times and it took all of about 50 miles for it to start acting up again. Only thing that stopped it was replacing it.

SirLoins - you're right they HAVE to know about this. There's a bunch on here who have all been into their dealers for various complaints about the same thing and have all heard various stories about the "fix".
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
I could use some advise on my next step with the dealership:

Symptoms: Car has a jerk/lurch from start, almost as if I got bumped in the rear fender. It also seems to do the same thing when coming to a stop. I believe that my car is currently running program E60/E63 PROGMAN 20.01.00 (Target data Status E060-05-12-510). I am also not able to play MP3 CD's from the in dash unit (reason 2 I feel a complete software update is needed).

Next Step I've spoken to my SA at BMW about the issue. I was told if it was the tranny then my CPO would cover it but if it was software related I would have to cover the cost. According to the SIB the software was updated in an attempt to solve a know issue. Do SIB's only relate to cars under original warranty and not CPO vehicles?

Any advise on how to handle this? As I know I'm not getting a new transmission that easily, more than likely they will tell me the car is driving fine and I'll need to pay for the software diagnosis...only to bring the car in later with the same problem.

I've attached the SIB list.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CIP_Level_info_5_6_series_REv9_0609.pdf (27.3 KB, 856 views)
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Nube1kenobi's Avatar
Nube1kenobi Nube1kenobi is offline
U of Dawgs
Location: The Sound of Zundfolge
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,435
Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLoins View Post
I could use some advise on my next step with the dealership:

Symptoms: Car has a jerk/lurch from start, almost as if I got bumped in the rear fender. It also seems to do the same thing when coming to a stop. I believe that my car is currently running program E60/E63 PROGMAN 20.01.00 (Target data Status E060-05-12-510). I am also not able to play MP3 CD's from the in dash unit (reason 2 I feel a complete software update is needed).

Next Step I've spoken to my SA at BMW about the issue. I was told if it was the tranny then my CPO would cover it but if it was software related I would have to cover the cost. According to the SIB the software was updated in an attempt to solve a know issue. Do SIB's only relate to cars under original warranty and not CPO vehicles?

Any advise on how to handle this? As I know I'm not getting a new transmission that easily, more than likely they will tell me the car is driving fine and I'll need to pay for the software diagnosis...only to bring the car in later with the same problem.

I've attached the SIB list.

Thanks
I think they are trying to bleed you.

SIB 242307, 240308 and 240808 lists that the Warranty coverage applies to new and CPO... the significance of these SIB's is that the cure is programming and it covers your CPO. Now if you can narrow it down to an SIB that best matches your actual issue you can make a case for a software update. The below SIBs are just examples....

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B242307g.htm
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B240308g.htm
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B240808g.htm

EDIT: On the flip side, your MP3 playback issue reprogramming is not covered per warranty info below.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B653005g.htm

Good luck!
__________________

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..

Last edited by Nube1kenobi; 06-22-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 AM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube1kenobi View Post
I think they are trying to bleed you.

SIB 242307, 240308 and 240808 lists that the Warranty coverage applies to new and CPO... the significance of these SIB's is that the cure is programming and it covers your CPO. Now if you can narrow it down to an SIB that best matches your actual issue you can make a case for a software update. The below SIBs are just examples....

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B242307g.htm
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B240308g.htm
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B240808g.htm

EDIT: On the flip side, your MP3 playback issue reprogramming is not covered per warranty info below.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B653005g.htm

Good luck!
As described in 240808, ''...accompanied by a "bang", felt in the rear of the vehicle after engine start-up.''

Can you tell me how you found these?

Thank you!

Last edited by SirLoins; 06-23-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: figured out what N54 meant
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 AM
SeeYal's Avatar
SeeYal SeeYal is offline
In Heaven
Location: between New Orleans and Houston
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,868
Mein Auto: F01 B7/F02 750/E60 535i
update from my last post... Sept 09...!!!
In February, finally decided to bring my car in (maintenance) and mentioned the problem...
My SA kept the car a few days - I was told he was waiting for software from Germany. The car was still on extended warranty and they fixed it without any cost to me.
Very susceptible shift change between 1 and 2nd remains, ... but muchhhh betterrr all around!
__________________

Mr. 29,000th...
2014 Chevy Silverado - daily driver
2012 750LI - wife car
2011 B7...Mine...Precious
2008 535i - now my son's car
2008 335i - lease - returned
2007 750li - retired
2004 545i - retired
1999 Chevy Silverado-retired
1991 Chevy Silverado-retired
1989 GTI-retired
1982 320i - retired
1980 Audi 80-retired
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Nube1kenobi's Avatar
Nube1kenobi Nube1kenobi is offline
U of Dawgs
Location: The Sound of Zundfolge
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,435
Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLoins View Post
As described in 240808, ''...accompanied by a "bang", felt in the rear of the vehicle after engine start-up.''

This is exactly what I am em experiencing. Do I fall under this category: E60, E61 with N52K or N54 and 6HP19TU produced from 03/07 up to 09/08? My E60 was produced in May 05, just not sure what N54 is.

Next step is to print this out and hand it to my SA when he tries to pass the bill for a software upgrade to me?

Thank you very much for your input.
N54 is for the 535ers... twin turbo. Yours should be N62.
__________________

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..

Last edited by Nube1kenobi; 06-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
GPFboyJS GPFboyJS is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Send a message via AIM to GPFboyJS
Mein Auto: 2004 E60
Just wanted to note that I had started having this issue about 1 month ago. Have an 04 E60 with 130000 miles. No transmission issues other than the odd shifting pattern at 35-40 MPH.

Went to local dealer and SA after having to test drive with them comes back to me and says that the only thing they recommend is to replace the transmission, otherwise just deal with it. FYI new Tranny $9K. Car is not worth that much money!

Pushing them to look at alternate solutions. Told Dealship willing to pay for the Transmission to be reprogrammed.

Also found on anohter sight, http://repairpal.com/how-do-you-chec...sion-fluid-407, someone answered this issue by stating that it could be a bad torque converter pressure switch.

I am willing to spend some money on trying to fix, but if it get's up to the price of a new Mechatronics, I might be looking for a new vehicle.

Anyone want to buy a 04 545i Sprt Pkg? :-)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-23-2010, 04:18 PM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube1kenobi View Post
N54 is for the 535ers... twin turbo. Yours should be N62.
I see you have helped in this department before: http://www.forums.bimmerfest.com/sho....php?p=5224648

I appreciate that, it's what makes forums such a good resource.

On that link you posted this TSB: http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B240309g.htm

I now understand that I have the N62 engine, but will this TSB work for me since it's seems to be titled for 550i, and I have a 545i?

Like you said I feel that they are trying to bleed me, and I know if I can't find a TSB relating to my vehicle model they will try and charge me. The problem described is EXACTLY what I am experiencing, just need the TSB for it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
yanman yanman is offline
Registered User
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 545i
I have a 2005 545i, I think you're talking about the same issue. I went to my dealership and they quoted me $700 for a programming fix since programming isn't covered under CPO warranty. I declined it and reported the issue to the NHTSA. The service director called me back and offered to cover it under a "goodwill" warranty since this is a known issue. The SIB below is for the 545 model.


The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 17.01(Target data Status E060-05-06-500).

Vehicles equipped with 6HP26 up to 4/05, customer complains of harsh downshift. Refer to SI B24 03 05.

Here is the SIB240305 bulletin:

SUBJECT
Harsh 2-1 Downshift


MODEL
E60 (545i); E63/64 645(Ci/Cic) with 6HP26 up to 04/05


SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

An excessively harsh 2-1 downshift when decelerating to a stop, or

Transmission "bangs" into gear when accelerating from a full or a "rolling" stop (vehicle did not come to a complete stop).

CAUSE
EGS software.

CORRECTION
On a customer complaint basis only, reprogram/recode complete vehicle using SSS with CIP on-line update 17.01, or higher.

Important:

Transmission temperature must remain below 50 deg C and trans shifter must be placed in P position prior to the start of CIP programming.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 PM
SirLoins SirLoins is offline
Timing is everything
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanman View Post
I have a 2005 545i, I think you're talking about the same issue. I went to my dealership and they quoted me $700 for a programming fix since programming isn't covered under CPO warranty. I declined it and reported the issue to the NHTSA. The service director called me back and offered to cover it under a "goodwill" warranty since this is a known issue. The SIB below is for the 545 model.


The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 17.01(Target data Status E060-05-06-500).

Vehicles equipped with 6HP26 up to 4/05, customer complains of harsh downshift. Refer to SI B24 03 05.

Here is the SIB240305 bulletin:

SUBJECT
Harsh 2-1 Downshift


MODEL
E60 (545i); E63/64 645(Ci/Cic) with 6HP26 up to 04/05


SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

An excessively harsh 2-1 downshift when decelerating to a stop, or

Transmission "bangs" into gear when accelerating from a full or a "rolling" stop (vehicle did not come to a complete stop).

CAUSE
EGS software.

CORRECTION
On a customer complaint basis only, reprogram/recode complete vehicle using SSS with CIP on-line update 17.01, or higher.

Important:

Transmission temperature must remain below 50 deg C and trans shifter must be placed in P position prior to the start of CIP programming.
First off, thank you.

It's amazing that this isn't covered under CPO warranty, that you have to plead for a 'goodwill' case in order to have the software upgraded. Especially since they released this TSB for the same problem.

My appointment is for tomorrow morning. I'm not going to authorize them to do anything other than test drive the vehicle. If they want to charge me for the upgrade, I will go the same route you did. Any advice on that?

Quote:
SI B 24 03 09
Automatic Transmission April 2009
Technical Service

SUBJECT
550i and 650i with N62TU and 6HP26 - Various Drivability Complaints


MODEL
E60, 550iA produced from 09/05 up to 02/07

E63, E64; 650i produced from 09/05 up to 09/07


SITUATION
The customer may complain about one or a combination of the following situations, listed below:

Intermittent harsh 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 downshift (jolt) when coming to a stop with light brake application.

Jolts and/or jerks felt when reaccelerating after coasting.

Judder when gently accelerating (most noticeable at an engine speed below 2,000 RPM).

CAUSE
DME and EGS software calibration

SOLUTION
Program the vehicle with ISTA/P 2.33.0 or later, using the path "Conversion" and "Downshift behavior". After this modification, the k-word "HADS" will be added to the Vehicle Order.

Note that ISTA/P will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do not have the latest software.

For information on programming and coding with ISTA/P, refer to CenterNet / Aftersales Portal / Service / Workshop Technology / Vehicle Programming".

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Certified Pre-Owned Program.

Defect Code:
24 00 33 98 00
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
advice, bmw 5 series, issues, tranny problems


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms