Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 03-23-2002, 07:51 PM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
climate control question

okay, i asked this awhile back, but no one could give me a definate answer past what happened in their cars. on my climate control, when i turn it off, turn the car off, turn the car back on, the climate control is on to the lowest setting. the temp, a/c everything is what it was at, just it is on the lowest setting. now if i turn the car off and the climate control is on, then when the car is started again, it is the same. i want when i turn it off, turn the car off and back on, it stays off. can i do this? thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 Vectra/04 VW PolO
Re: climate control question

Quote:
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
okay, i asked this awhile back, but no one could give me a definate answer past what happened in their cars. on my climate control, when i turn it off, turn the car off, turn the car back on, the climate control is on to the lowest setting. the temp, a/c everything is what it was at, just it is on the lowest setting. now if i turn the car off and the climate control is on, then when the car is started again, it is the same. i want when i turn it off, turn the car off and back on, it stays off. can i do this? thanks
Hey Eugene,

I had that going on on my former 00 323Ci. My dealer told me that was not programmable at the time... Annoying, isn't it?

To my surprise, my current E46's behave like I wanted. In other words, if I turn the AC off and then turn the car off, when I turn it on again, the AC stays off... :thumb:
Old 03-23-2002, 08:08 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Isn't/wasn't this part of Car/Key Memory? I coulda sworn it was on the old car/key mem worksheets. Mine works since delivery exactly like Eugene wants.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 Vectra/04 VW PolO
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
Isn't/wasn't this part of Car/Key Memory? I coulda sworn it was on the old car/key mem worksheets. Mine works since delivery exactly like Eugene wants.
It is, but my dealer told me that it couldn't be done on my former 00 323Ci... Maybe that's changed in 01+ models... All I know is if Eugene's car is 01+, he can get it done via key memory settings...
Old 03-23-2002, 08:12 PM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
mine is an 01, i think march production. i asked the dealer but i dont think i was clear. i was wondering if anyone had had this done so i know exactly what to tell the dealer. i took the long car/key mem sheet in with me and i think it was the auto-blower function, but they didnt kwno what i was talking about. if anyone knows, thanks. glad to hear that at least it CAN be done.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Kickin' it old school

Mein Auto: E30 325is
My car does what you're talking about, yes. It is indeed a part of the car/key memory system, so either you should try to convince your dealer that it exists or head to another one that knows what they're doing.