Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Old 01-24-2015, 07:38 AM
Mein Auto: BMW 750i
2011 BMW 750i F01

Hey guys, i had recently posted of a problem with my F01 with several lights on the dash, Abs, brake, steering, engine, lost my power steering, lost speedo, etc. well first i took it to the dealer and for about 140 bucks they told me my DSC Hydro unit was bad, 4800 parts and labor. which i'm going after them for my 140 bucks, cause they diagnose my car wrongfully. Well here it is, the problem was a bad battery, that's right battery. What i found out is these cars now the computer shuts down other unnecessary systems when your battery is going bad in order to allow you to start your car and not be stranded. So i replaced the battery and you must have the battery register to your car, this tells the computer that there is a new battery and the computer then resets all systems and you'll be back up and running. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Mein Auto: 2011 750Li
had the same issue... battery was actually replaced under CPO warranty!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Mein Auto:
Thanks for sharing. What's wrong with these German car diagnostics? Had same issues and spend a lot of money with my Porsche 911. Thousands of dollars.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY
Today's Posts Search