Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
BMW Adds Production Shifts at Spartanburg Plant

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Two production shifts will be added to the workweek of the BMW plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina. What this means, of course, is that 700 additional workers will be required. Previous BMW workers will be prioritized for employment. While the first shift would be filled immediately, the second will only be added in November.

The reason for the increase in production is the 3.6% sales increase in September, which is a remarkable record compared to an industry decrease of 26%. In a press release, Josef Kerscher, president of BMW Manufacturing, said that the company continues to guarantee the plant's flexibility to efficiently respond to market demand. Specifically, BMW stated that for it to meet customer demand, its plant must maintain the ability to adjust shifts and staffing levels as needed. Since 1994, the Spartanburg, S.C. plant has produced more than 1.5 million vehicles. The plant has been the sole global provider of the X5, X6, and Z4 models. It has also provided partial production of the X3 and Z3.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-Adds-Production-Shifts-Spartanburg-Plant.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	204687  

This article has been viewed 2359 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 PM
The one and only

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Good to hear that production is up. More jobs as well