Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-18-2009, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: audi quattro, f350, e90
windsheild wiper problem..

wipers just stopped working out of no where one day...
anything i can check before replacing motor? im sure there are some fuses or relays that could be bad ? anyone have similar problems or anyone have any info on replacing the windsheild wiper motor? thanks for any input

its an 06 e90 sedan
Ads by Google
Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM

bump....

any write up or info on wiper motor replacement ?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
did you check the fuse?

11' 335Cic Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - M Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' 535i Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' X5 3.0si Alpine White - Beige Interior - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

06' 330I Sparkling Graphite - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Retired

01' 330Cic Alpine White - Beige Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Retired
Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 AM

dont have manual...anyone know what fuse or relay controlls this? would like to try and swap relays before motor..
Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 328XiT and R1200C
Driving without operational windshield wipes sounds dangerous to me. If you can't fix it quickly take it in and consider the price a bargain.

On the other hand, if the car is not being driven and you have time I would first check to see if 12VDC is at the wiper motor connector. If not then the problem is in the relay/fuse. If there is voltage at the connector, the wiper motor or park switch are suspect. You shouldn't need a circuit diagram to make this test. Finally, if the fuse, relay and motor are all OK then the problem is in the wiring harness in which case you are better off just running a new wire instead of trying to find the break.

I'm sure that once you start the debugging process you will find the problem.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM

its my girls car..it doesnt get a ton of miles but wanna get it squared away without just dropping off at stealership or some jobo mechanic...i have a hard time doing that unless it something major..i get employee cost on parts @ dealer but dont know any bimmer experts per say..im handy with most diy stuff on later model euros but no expert..

also the wiper fluid still works and shoots out....dont know if that means anything...???

i have a good meter..am i checking the VDC with key in or car running or anything or just car totally off??
-by wiper motor connector...you mean the plug on motor?...like pull the plug and test the end or hold meter to plug wile still pluged into motor?
-what is park switch? the acutal stalk that you use to turn on wipers?

thanks for help !
Old 10-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Is the car still under warranty? If so, let the dealer worry about this.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 328XiT and R1200C
Yes, unplug the motor and test at the wire connector for 12 VDC when the car ignition is on and the wiper switch is asking for the wipers to work.

After this test take it in to be fixed. You will know if it is a wiper motor problem and hence the approximate cost of repair to avoid being ripped off.

My thoughts for your consideration.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 PM

car is just out of warranty...

thanksalot R1200 ...gonna try that tommorow
Old 10-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbonegro View Post
car is just out of warranty...

thanksalot R1200 ...gonna try that tommorow
Always check the fuse first - manuals available online - time to Google or Bing.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
i would check the fuse first

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V6 V7 V8 V9 V10 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS
please PM/Email us for member discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code
Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM

i believe it is a relay..not little clear fuse....how do i test relay ??..
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: E90 330i and E61 530xit
My wipers konked out too!

My wipers just totally stopped working on my E90 sedan - also just out of warranty! In the fuse box in the glove compartment the little card seems to say that the blue relay on the left operates the front wipers. I pulled out the relay and the part number (61366918816 - relay) is apparently discontinues (according to getBMWparts.com). So no I don't know what to do! I can't seem to find that part anywhere on the internet. The local dealers say that it is special order.

I suppose I'll put the relay back in and check the leads to the wiper motor as suggested. Then take a meter to it.

Thanks for any help!!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbonegro View Post
its my girls car..it doesnt get a ton of miles but wanna get it squared away without just dropping off at stealership or some jobo mechanic...i have a hard time doing that unless it something major..i get employee cost on parts @ dealer but dont know any bimmer experts per say..im handy with most diy stuff on later model euros but no expert..

also the wiper fluid still works and shoots out....dont know if that means anything...???

i have a good meter..am i checking the VDC with key in or car running or anything or just car totally off??
-by wiper motor connector...you mean the plug on motor?...like pull the plug and test the end or hold meter to plug wile still pluged into motor?
-what is park switch? the acutal stalk that you use to turn on wipers?

thanks for help !
I'd help you. I have every wiring diagram for your car from front to back. I have years of experience repairing wiper problems. I have access to BMW online repair sites, and belong to the International Automotive Techicians Network, a resource group which probably has a dozen postings of problems and fixes which apply to you.
Unfortunately I may be a "jobo mechanic" and could screw up your car, so forget it. You shouldn't prejudge people based on their hand color 'tturbonegro'.

Last edited by DSXMachina; 10-27-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM

wiper relay replacement part number

I found out that the replacement relay part number for the wiper is: 61316919113, according to Evan at getBMWparts.com. They are shipping it out today. Evan has been very helpful, by the way, in helping to track down the part and ship it quickly.

DSXMachina - I was unaware of the apparently derogatory reference by the original poster. I'm sorry that you were offended and hope you don't hold it against the rest of us that might have a similar wiper problem.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i
Try some RainX on your windshield. I use it and rarely have to use my wipers. It could be a temporary solution until you get your wipers fixed if rain is in the forecast. The only problem I have found is it tends to dissolve your wiper blades when you do have to use them and shorten their life.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM

Wiper problem - Fixed

By the way, it was the relay that was faulty. I replaced it with part 61366918816 and the wipers work fine now. I got the part from getBMWparts.com

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: e90 330i
had the same prob with my '06 e90.

it was the relay
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
I'd help you. I have every wiring diagram for your car from front to back. I have years of experience repairing wiper problems. I have access to BMW online repair sites, and belong to the International Automotive Techicians Network, a resource group which probably has a dozen postings of problems and fixes which apply to you.
Unfortunately I may be a "jobo mechanic" and could screw up your car, so forget it. You shouldn't prejudge people based on their hand color 'tturbonegro'.

woooahh..u took that way wrong man...by jobo mechanic i was referring to all the unreliable local guys around me...its very hard to find a good mechanic that has knowledge AND reliability...thats why i go online or diy or watever anything i can...everyting else i take to friends who have their own small side shop who are into euros or who work at dealership during the day, etc..
i have many years and thousands of posts on many other euro sites.. i come on for people like you that are usually willing to help...most jobo mechanics around me would know what a forum was if their kid was the admin....let alone how to use one for help...
didnt mean to offend anyone

i unplugged the motor and i am getting constant power (12v) when i put the meter to the plug...so im gonna say that this means the blue relay in glove box is working ok and power is being sent but the motor is not responding...correct ?? i also tried the ol fashion give it a few taps with the wrench...still not working.... pretty sure i need a motor, correct ??
any info on replacing one or where anyone got one beside the dealer?
looks pretty basic...couple of bolts, little wiggling in and out..but also seems really tight in there..

thanks for ANY info, help, or suggestions....
Old 11-11-2009, 06:56 PM

BUMP... i replaced complete motor and assembly (new from BMW) and they are still not working... what else could it be..?? the stalk that turns on/off wipers still works for the wahser fluid and auto button on it lights up...is there a module that controlls this somehwere ..??
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320i E90 saloon
BMW 320i E90 wiper problem

I am having trouble with my wipers. They wont go on at all. Changed the motor, checked the fuses, still nothing. I have been told it is the actual wiper switch, maybe a sensor or someting? maybe try that, as that was ive been told. When i find out ill let u know if im succesfull

Does anyone know if an E91 wiper switch with rear wiper function would work on a E90 saloon without a rear wiper?

I was thinking it would work, but the rear wiper function would just be off. any ideas?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 323i
99 wipers stopped working

Curious if there was a solution to the wiper problem after you changed the relay and the motor. I am at this point. Now i am thinking there has to be something else in this schematic besides switch,relay, motor. There is another piece to this puzzle anyone any ideas?

Mr Thomas- Pickle green with the tan interior in NY
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthomas View Post
Curious if there was a solution to the wiper problem after you changed the relay and the motor. I am at this point. Now i am thinking there has to be something else in this schematic besides switch,relay, motor. There is another piece to this puzzle anyone any ideas?

Mr Thomas- Pickle green with the tan interior in NY
If you have a 1999 323i, I would try asking your question in the E46 forum.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 323i
The search is on for information - everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
If you have a 1999 323i, I would try asking your question in the E46 forum.
Yeah , been there done that. Now I am searching for information. This tread is currently leading the pack on raw information. I too will be checking my voltage along the path to the motor and see what it reveals.

mrthomas -Upstate NY
Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320i E90 saloon
Wiper motors

Can anybody help me....

Can anyone tell me if a wiper motor from an E90 320i will fit onto an E39 520i ?

I have been adivsed that the fitments are the same, but I do not want to proceed to sell the item to the buyer if it will not fit?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Liam