Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2003, 07:50 PM
eVal's Avatar
eVal eVal is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern Cal
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 271
Mein Auto: 2002 M Coupe & 05 MCS
Exclamation Help - installing alarm and have a question

Can someone tell me where the siren connector is by the brake master cylinder?

Loki is in the middle of his install and called me to seek help

Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Ron Stygar's Avatar
Ron Stygar Ron Stygar is offline
19,585 Miles
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 11,143
Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVal
Can someone tell me where the siren connector is by the brake master cylinder?

Loki is in the middle of his install and called me to seek help

Thanks!
It's a two pin gray connector located between the fuse box and master cylinder reservoir. The connector has a brown and dark blue wire going to it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2003, 08:30 PM
eVal's Avatar
eVal eVal is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern Cal
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 271
Mein Auto: 2002 M Coupe & 05 MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Stygar
It's a two pin gray connector located between the fuse box and master cylinder reservoir. The connector has a brown and dark blue wire going to it.
Well, after much searching he found it hidden down near the firewall - was a real pain to get out.

The description really helped - Thanks so much for answering, youre the best!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2003, 09:34 PM
loki loki is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: KTM Duke II
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the help, I was outside trying to install the alarm while eVal posted help .

One more question for you, I can't seem to find the hood connector pin in the glove box area. The illustration that came with the alarm kit shows it coming from the front top of the glove box but I can't seem to find it anywhere! Any ideas what and where to look for?

TIA!
__________________
  #5  
Old 09-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Ron Stygar's Avatar
Ron Stygar Ron Stygar is offline
19,585 Miles
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 11,143
Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the help, I was outside trying to install the alarm while eVal posted help .

One more question for you, I can't seem to find the hood connector pin in the glove box area. The illustration that came with the alarm kit shows it coming from the front top of the glove box but I can't seem to find it anywhere! Any ideas what and where to look for?

TIA!
It's taped to the vehicle side alarm connector harness. Feel for the bump. Have to cut some tape to find it. Violet/green/yellow wire going to the single mating pin on the alarm harness that connects the car connector to the alarm connector.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/alarm4.gif
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms