Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Brake Fluid Flush Pricing?

Hey all,
I am almost at the two year mark and it may soon be time to have a brake fluid flush done to my x3.

I was wondering if anyone knows the price the dealer is currently charging for this service? I searched the forum and didn't get a price for this...

Side question- is there a reminder that comes out on the x3 that says i need to have the brake fluid flushed? My family's e92 does have a reminder...but I don't recall seeing such a time interval in the settings while I reset my oil service interval...

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
It's included in your 4 years of no-charge scheduled maintenance.

As the clock for the 2 year brake fluid change starts at Date of Manuf., I believe that means only one change qualifies.

The price range, incl. fluids, shop materials and tax at dealers is maybe $100 - $150, and at independents $75 - $125.
Price might be dependent on whether other services are being done at the same time.

Can't currently see the brake fluid MM YY reminder on mine, but I am fairly sure it was there once.
(Or perhaps I just keep visualizing the picture in the Owners Handbook.)
Oil Service and Inspection are only items on the menu now - maybe dealers delete the brake fluid reminder menu item after that first free change?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
I haven't been on for a while---but thanks for the information.

That price isn't too bad.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:33 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercourse View Post
It's included in your 4 years of no-charge scheduled maintenance.

As the clock for the 2 year brake fluid change starts at Date of Manuf., I believe that means only one change qualifies.
Why only one? If it was built 1/1/2005 and sold 6/1/2005, doesn't the no-charge maintenance run from 6/1/2005 to 5/31/2009. If so, can't you have a brake fluid flush on 1/1/2007 and 1/1/2009 without charge? (Dates chosen for ease of comprehension)
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
Yes, my mistake - if the brake fluid clock does start at build date then that helps to make the second flush fall safely inside the 4 year period.

But you would need to conscientously book your 2 brake flush appointments rather than waiting to combine them with another service visit.