Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: Saab 9-5
2010 X5 35d still lost in the system

I've ordered many cars in my life, but this is the first that has remained untrackable by the manufacturer and dealer for days. BMW says my car was completed on 10/9 and released to carrier. The dealer says it was not released then. Dealer says it was released around the 10/16. BMW says it is at the dealer; it isn't. Heck of a way to run a business. BMW should have better tracking of their nuts and bolts inventory than this.
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2009, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: I drive X5
Ask for your deposit back and see how quickly they find your car
Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5
I'm having the same problem for my 2010 3.0i ... BMW says was released to the dealer. The dealer says the port has released it and is waiting to get on a truck. Was supposed to arrive at the dealer 4days ago but never made it. The dealer tells me the wrong X5 was placed on the truck.

They can't tell me when I will get it now. It's extremely frustrating and unprofessional. How can a company not know where 60k+ worth of a car is at all times. How does a dealership not know when the car will arrive if it already has been released by the port?!?

On top of all that, my CA never returns my phone calls, says he is always with a client. I have left messages for the Sales Manager who never returns my phone calls. I fear something fishy is going on here.

Though I love BMW, I am completely turned off by this and it may be my last BMW purchase.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Yes, please!

Mein Auto: 318ti Clubsport
Same here. BMWNA says my 35d was released to the carrier last week. Dealer confirmed and last week said that it could be here today. Now he says today that it hasn't left SC.... This isn't cool.

On top of that, I'd like to get the car before we have our baby (due Saturday). If not, that's fine, but it might be hard to find time to take delivery of the car soon after the baby is born.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 AM

Mein Auto: Saab 9-5
Since it is hard to believe they could be so imcompetent, it makes me wonder what is their motive for supplying all the false information.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 cab
Jax and Emerson should check with bonecrushers dealer about that wrong X5 being on his dealers truck instead of bonecrushers X3...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5
Just got another excuse from my dealer saying that the BMW computers nationwide went down, and for 5 days they were unable to deliver the new 7-series, and that backed everything up for the rest of us. Sounds like complete BS to me.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Guys,
I'm waiting on my custom order too. So, I may be in the same boat in a month or so. But, from what I've seen with ordering cars in the past, this is pretty common. Once the car is ready to be shipped and delivered to the dealers for prep, it'll often be "in limbo" because the car isn't shipped with UPS-like tracking information that's updated every minute of the day.

So, don't fret. You'll get your new car very soon.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2g View Post
Guys,
I'm waiting on my custom order too. So, I may be in the same boat in a month or so. But, from what I've seen with ordering cars in the past, this is pretty common. Once the car is ready to be shipped and delivered to the dealers for prep, it'll often be "in limbo" because the car isn't shipped with UPS-like tracking information that's updated every minute of the day.

So, don't fret. You'll get your new car very soon.
Nah, this isn't the usual "BMW Black Hole"...

FYI- I just received a pdf of the California EO to Certify the X5 diesel- Signed October 20. Which interestingly was the day my car was placed on a truck at the Oxnard VPC to head up north.

So no EPA hold any more.

A
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson11 View Post
Since it is hard to believe they could be so imcompetent, it makes me wonder what is their motive for supplying all the false information.

I think it is due to them holding finished production for a couple of weeks or more, purportedly due to a delay in getting EPA and/or CARB approval. As a result, I suspect they released a massive amount of vehicles all at once to the carriers, who probably did not have enough vehicle carriers to transport so many to the dealers at once. Of course, the dealers know what a normal time is for receiving the vehicle after it's been "released to the carrier," and are going unders that timing assumption.

So a lot of the vehicles are probably "released to the carrier," but still actually sitting in SC, waiting for the carrier to have available transport.

Just a guess.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 cab
I wonder what was the reason for re-certification?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Every year the car must be certified. I suspect if there are no changes the cert is easy- if anything changes there may be additional tasks for the mfg and/or additional review.

To Penguins comment: Good point. I'd add that cars that ship to the West Coast VPC were not held at all until they arrived there. So depending on where the ultimate 'end distribution point' was, there were varying delays... externally it looks like some are shipping and some are not..

A
Old 10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes, please!

Mein Auto: 318ti Clubsport
So my CA said that 400 X5s were released at the same time, and the carrier(s) are trying to get them all out. That's the holdup... this time.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaX3 View Post
So my CA said that 400 X5s were released at the same time, and the carrier(s) are trying to get them all out.
Bingo!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson11 View Post
"Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte