Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
rosskey711's Avatar
rosskey711 rosskey711 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midwest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2007 x3
X3 "off-roading" video




Ok so it's not what you usually think of off roading...

it happened in canada and they never found the person

Last edited by rosskey711; 10-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 PM
bluskye bluskye is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: chicago
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 804
Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
Be careful, that PPXYZ dude gonna come in and blame it on the transmission and the harsh suspension spilling his coffee over harsh roads.

On a serious note, it looks more like an X5. It got really high though, what a dbag.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 PM
dharmadoggie dharmadoggie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Redmond, WA
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 271
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Remarkable. But it's an X5. Air intake vents on back of the hood identify it.
__________________
2005 X3 3.0i, CPO, white, auto, adaptive xenon lights, stock suspension, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, heated steering wheel. Self installed: factory hitch, paint protection film, mud flaps
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosskey711 View Post


Ok so it's not what you usually think of off roading...

it happened in canada and they never found the person
Hard to believe they didnt find the person. There is a nice shot of the front and back where the tags.

I would think the insurance company's would have access to some nice video rendering software that could enhance that.

Glad no one was in the parked vehicles.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 10-30-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:07 AM
cubed cubed is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: bronx, ny
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 660
Mein Auto: 2010 X3, 2008 MT X3
something strange about that video. At the very last second of the clip the two cars he ran over magically move a foot forward. I suspect some doctoring.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2009, 04:00 PM
rosskey711's Avatar
rosskey711 rosskey711 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midwest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2007 x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubed View Post
something strange about that video. At the very last second of the clip the two cars he ran over magically move a foot forward. I suspect some doctoring.
no that's the video rendering the begining after you finish the video.. lots of videos do that... when the car drove up it pushed those two cars back so at the begining they were further forward

no doctoring
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
John320 John320 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario,Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 2008 X3.0si
Yes it was real, and they have found the driver:Woman charged in connection with SUV driven over car hoods
National Post
Published: Thursday, October 29, 2009


The alleged driver of an SUV that drove up onto two parked cars at a Thornhill fitness centre last week has been arrested by York Regional Police. Surveillance cameras captured a scene reminiscent of a demolition derby as a black BMW SUV is seen driving up onto the hoods of two cars parked in front of the Extreme Fitness gym on Yonge St., near Highway 407. The footage has garnered more than half a million hits on YouTube. Yesterday a member of the public called police after noticing a vehicle in the gym's parking lot that looked similar to the BMW SUV from the surveillance footage. Richmond Hill resident Tripta Kaushal, 62, was arrested and charged with failing to remain at the scene of an accident. She will appear in court Dec. 1. Kenyon Wallace, National Post
Close
Presented by


Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/can...#ixzz0VT8vEcMU
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 PM
x3ml x3ml is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 177
Mein Auto: X3 2007 3.0si AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by John320 View Post
National Post
Published: Thursday, October 29, 2009

The alleged driver of an SUV that drove up onto two parked cars at a Thornhill fitness centre last week has been arrested by York Regional Police. Surveillance cameras captured a scene reminiscent of a demolition derby as a black BMW SUV is seen driving up onto the hoods of two cars parked in front of the Extreme Fitness gym on Yonge St., near Highway 407. The footage has garnered more than half a million hits on YouTube. Yesterday a member of the public called police after noticing a vehicle in the gym's parking lot that looked similar to the BMW SUV from the surveillance footage. Richmond Hill resident Tripta Kaushal, 62, was arrested and charged with failing to remain at the scene of an accident. She will appear in court Dec. 1. Kenyon Wallace, National Post
Thanks to Google Streetview, what you see could be the suspect's X5 here, close to the exact parking spot where the event apparently took place:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...59.915457&z=14

What I am going to show you next is even more bazaar, if you zoom out and click the LEFT arrow to see the next frame, looks like this Streetview was taken in another day. This time, you see a blue Hyundai, and apparently, one of the victims has a 2004 Elantra:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...59.915457&z=14

It's the same parking lot, but the cars are in different places.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-2009, 04:58 AM
x3ml x3ml is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 177
Mein Auto: X3 2007 3.0si AT
Best PR Job Ever Video

Worst Parking Job Ever (Response) Video, Watch!

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 PM
PPXYZ PPXYZ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: West Coast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 672
Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskye View Post
Be careful, that PPXYZ dude gonna come in and blame it on the transmission and the harsh suspension spilling his coffee over harsh roads.
...WARNING....JOKE BELOW.

Nonsense.

I am impressed that the BMW SAV (not an X3) drove on metal roads and didn't bust its suspension. I think BMW should purchase the tape and use it as a promotion.

I would never take coffee into the X3 unless it is in a hermetically sealed mug.

...WARNING....JOKE ABOVE.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
rosskey711's Avatar
rosskey711 rosskey711 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midwest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2007 x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ml View Post
Worst Parking Job Ever (Response) Video, Watch!

wow yes it was a pr move, but still that was a nice things because he was completely inoccent in the whole fiasco
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms