Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 M5
Question The dealer is driving me nuts !

I drive a 2008 M5. I love my car, needless to say!! My car is still under warranty; just barely, with 48,000 miles on it. We're looking into an extended warranty, but in the meantime there are a few issues I need to get resolved before the factory warranty expires. Recently we've taken the car into the dealer (tried both of them in the valley) and all we hear from them is "we can't duplicate that noise", so whenever we tell them there's an unusual noise they always tell us nothing is wrong! So stinking frustrating!! I drive the car everyday and I know there are things wrong with it but the dealer keeps telling us nothing is wrong. What to do? Any suggestions?
Ads by Google
Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Oldman M Coupe

Mein Auto: 2000 M Coupe
Ask them if you could take shop foreman for a ride and duplicate the noise, and if you don't hear it then, you will see that they are not BS you. And if noise does happen he will, hopefully figure out what it is.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:51 AM
NADAVAN

Mein Auto: 2002 525it
Oldman Coupe has a point - ride with the foreman - but use your silver bullet carefully. Do you know how to duplicate the sound or know under what conditions you are most likely to be able to duplicate the sound? For example, in cold weather, cold start, at 50 mph accelerating, etc. Know this information so you can duplicate it for the foreman.

Be prepared to leave the car on the day that you ride with the foreman. Most likely he receives a lot of customer requests for ride-alongs. If you can't leave it, it's easily forgotten, even if you are able to duplicate it and he agrees it's a problem.