Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 AM
I'll do what I want!

Mein Auto: 04 X3/94 325I/06 325 I
sirius hookup

I have an 04 X3 with a Sirius receiver Stiletto 2 installed. The unit transmits an FM signal to the car's radio. The problem is that the transmission is weak and I sometimes hear static. I have the option to connect the Stiletto directly to the radio via input cable. Does anyone out there know how I can connect to the radio without tearing apart the dashboard? Addition info I have the factory installed CD changer built into the arm rest.
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I had the S50 in my old car and I adjusted the radio station to 88.10 FM and this had the best reception in the Philadelphia Area. Sometimes it still went out or had static though. I thought that you could hook it up to an AUX input, but my old ride didn't have this option.

I use the AUX input in my 07 x3 located on the back side of the center console for my iphone (head phone jack connects to car) and it works well, but could be louder. Does the stiletto 2 have an AUX output? Or can you run a cord from the headphone jack. 5' cord from Radio Shack runs about $5.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll do what I want!

Yes the Stiletto has an input connector but unfortunately the 04 X3 does not have a external jack for the radio.
I do a lot do travelling and when I enter an area that uses the same freq. I get static. The S50 had a more powerful FM tansmitter than the Stiletto. I never had a problem with static with the S50.
I ordered an input cable from BAVAUTO, I hoping instructions are in included. And praying that it does not involve disassembling the dash.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 04 X3 3.0i
I just bought an 04 X3, and it came with Sirius sat radio. I've been unable to figure out how to receive the transmission from this device. Just confirming that tuning the radio to 88.1 is likely how this works.

Thanks,
wbrproductions
Old 11-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I'll do what I want!

I installed the input cable to the in dash radio and it works great, I was amazed at how easily and quickly the radio came out. Big difference in sound quality going thru the aux instead of broadcasting a weak FM signal.
WBRPRODUCTIONs I have Sirius but a use a Sirius portable reciever. If you have a paid subscription with Sirius and have your BMW radio activated I believe there is a separate mode selection for sat radio. I doubt you have to set the tuner to a predertimined freq. Although I may be wrong.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 04 X3 3.0i
Question AUX / Sat input and

Thanks dicor, appreciate your reply.

Let me back up a bit... I bought the car from a used car dealership, and it did not come with any of the original manuals. So, if there is a AUX mode on the radio, I have no idea how to get into it However I do know that just pressing the Mode button doesn't do it.

There must be a way to get into setup mode to turn on AUX (or similar), but haven't guessed the right combination of buttons to get there...

I do have a subscription to Sirius, and the car did come wired with the Sirius adapter, and an IPod cable. So, my guess is the wiring was done (by the dealer) but the sat radio was never set up. I should be able to plug my Sirius radio into the adapter, and choose some button combo to listen, just don't know what that is.

On a related note, is there a user manual for the radio posted anywhere here?

Thanks again,
wbrproductions