Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 11-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: M3 Conv, 2006 Texas Cho
Question on Good Buy or Not

Been a long time since I posted. But I'm looking at an extremely clean 2004 M3 Convertible.

It has 24k miles, 19" Factory wheels, SMG, no Nav, Cold Package, Xenon, BMW assist. One owner car, CPO still active until 7/2010. Price is $29, 500.

Color is awesome - Carbon Black Met, Gray interior.

Not a ding, scratch. Clean maintenance records, just typical service items, clean carfax shows the same.

Just interested in your opinions.

Last edited by pgaduane; 11-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
No more M

Mein Auto: C6 GS
Not a bad price at all IMO. Is it private party sale or dealership? CPO is nice to have, even if its only for a few months.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: '05 M3, '09 335i
Try to get the price to 24-25K range. Good luck.

2005 e46 M3- Mystic Blue/Black/6MT/ZPP/CWP/HK sound/Xenon/PDC/Sunroof/Multiadjustable seats/Homelink
Mods: /V-CSL diffuser/DINAN exhaust/Aurora 60 LED Angel Eyes/Matte black grill & side gills/Painted reflectors/HOEN fogs/OEM ZCP wheels/ZHP lighted shift knob/Alcantara boot & brake handle/XM radio/OEM aluminum pedals/Clutch stop/50% tint
2009 e90 335i- Alpine white/Beige/Step with paddles/ZPP/ZSP/CWP/Navi(Idrive)/USB/Ipod/Sirius/HD radio
Mods: Mtech rear spoiler/50% tint/JB+
Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 AM

Mein Auto: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey Guys, im new to bimmerfest but I had a inquiry that I thought I would be able to get answered here...
I'm looking at a 2002 M3 Convertible, Manual, 101k miles for just over $20,000. Says its just been fully serviced. What do you think? Is it too risky to buy at 100k+ or does the low price justify it?
All comments are appreciated.
Thanks,

Alexander
Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 02 M3
Hi Alexdc,

It would be best to have a dealer or trusted mechanic fully inspection it before purchase.
I have the same 02 m3 coupe, manual with 100K and I have all services done. It's still going strong. It's not risky if you know condition of the car. Also, you might want to check if these control arm bushings, trailing arm bushings, and shifter bushings are already replaced as these are wear and tear parts. It would save you some money if these are already done.

Hope it help.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: M3 Conv, 2006 Texas Cho
Well I did it. I didn't get this after all. I found an 05 M3 SMG Conv with 18k miles on it. An elderly couple with 2 home had it as a fun car for their golden years. The car was here in Phoenix - so no snow and little rain. Fully loaded but no Nav.

I pulled up Friday to look at it, they had it with the top down and it was gorgeous. Jet Black with saddle interior and black top. The saddle on the seats and door inserts with black everywhere else looks awesome.

I carfaxed it - came up clean and legit to what they said. Called BMW and we pulled the service records - serviced and in perfect shape. I really feel lucky to have found this car. It drives awesome and looks just as good as new.

My neighbor is a sales rep for BMW here in Phoenix - he was on the lookout for an M3 for me. Came over and checked it out and said I got a great car at a greater price.

I'll post pics once this storm blows over the valley. Got the windows tinted on Saturday and been too cold and rainy to put the top down. But it does work.

They even threw in the wind screen and a BMW trickle charger for the battery.

I'll have to change my pic soon.