Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
E46 bicolor leather trim

In addition to the various wood trims (myrtle, birch and maple) and the various plastic trims (titan, graphite, alu cube, columns, etc.), my copy of the parts CD lists "Bicolor leather trim" for sedans and tourings (I didn't check coupes or cabrios) in black/gray or black/tanin red.

Since tanin red upholstery went away, perhaps tanin red/black trim went away as well.

Might any of our members have a pic of what this looks like? I've seen the leather trim that LeatherZ does (like on Mrs. Hack's car) but bicolor ? What's that about?
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I AM CANADIAN!

Mein Auto: 2001 330i TS/BLK
Its a trim covered in 2 colors of leather, one on the top half of the trim, the other on the bottom. (I've only seen pics of bi-color trim on the door pieces, so I'm not sure what the shifter console will look like).

2001 330i Titanium silver, Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Clears, M3 Steering wheel with paddle-shift, M deadpedal, M3 trunk lip, M Aerodynamic kit, First-Aid kit, Warning Triangle, CD changer, Black Headlight Trim, Gloss black front grills, H&R cupkit, M3 RSMs, RD sway bars, Clubsport Splitters, and more...
Old 09-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Actually I oversimplified a bit: the strip across the dash and the strip across the top of each door is "bicolor" whereas the shifter piece comes in black or tanin or gray. So I suppose if you have bicolor tanin red/black trim on the dash and doors, you can choose either tanin red or black for the shifter.

I think this is another one of those occasions when a pic would be worth a thousand words...

Last edited by LMC; 09-21-2003 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:03 PM
I AM CANADIAN!

Mein Auto: 2001 330i TS/BLK
I think I have an old accessory catalogue, which includes pictures of all these trim bits. As far as I know anyone can order them in Canada, for a price. I'll see if I can find it and hopefully post some pictures later.

2001 330i Titanium silver, Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Clears, M3 Steering wheel with paddle-shift, M deadpedal, M3 trunk lip, M Aerodynamic kit, First-Aid kit, Warning Triangle, CD changer, Black Headlight Trim, Gloss black front grills, H&R cupkit, M3 RSMs, RD sway bars, Clubsport Splitters, and more...