Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-28-2001, 12:18 PM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Thumbs up VPC working overtime!!!

Jinsei Maru docked on the 26th, off loaded on the 27th and delivery to PA dealer expected for tommorrow.

Stopped by dealer to set up delivery for the 5th but they told me they spoke to VPC/port yesterday to get status. Apparently the have several units they want to get "invoiced" by Monday to avoid the increase. Also told me they want to get EOY #s as high as possible.

Seems like a fast turn around based on previous schedules I've read about. Bad news is now I have to go to work Monday morning so I can go to credit union to pick up my check so I can take delivery.

My rep who I guess has been on vacation was not aware of the invoice change told me he has 15 units on order that could be affected. But to his credit, told me he will hold the deals at agreed amounts and take the hit. I bet he'll drive to NJ himself on Monday and drive a carrier back if it means he can get a couple units before the increase.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:28 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Re: VPC working overtime!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PM 325xiT
Jinsei Maru docked on the 26th, off loaded on the 27th and delivery to PA dealer expected for tommorrow.
Happy New Year ! ! !

Patrick
Old 12-28-2001, 07:48 PM
Suffering from BMWitis

Send a message via AIM to Eric Giles
Mein Auto: '07 X5 4.8i; '87 325iS
The VPC in SC had better get on the ball! The Figaro docked in Charleston today, and my 330i is on it. Unfortunately it won't make it to the dealer until probably next Friday or Saturday (I am in Mississippi), but at least the wait is almost over.

Now I have to start making monthly payments again...
Old 12-28-2001, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto: A 333 Horse Chariot
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Giles
Now I have to start making monthly payments again...
I hear ya! For me the pain is lessened because I got a 3 year loan, and am doing the payments to my credit union through a biweekly payroll deduction (26 payments per year). It's still hard to go back to car payments after 7 years without them though. At least I know I'll have at least 7 years of "free car" to look forward to soon.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 330i, '95 M3
I also had a 330i on the Figaro. Being in South Carolina, I'm hoping for a mid week delivery. Dealer says price increase not an issue, I'm locked in based on invoice at time of order. Actually, since the Lux tax decreases on 1/1, I may even save a few bucks! Now, if BMWCCA would get the new Member Rewards program out so I don't miss out on the rebate.
Old 12-29-2001, 07:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Wink

I am very happy for you! My 2002 325i is on the same boat. However, when I called BMW, I was told that they are a little behind schedule at the VPC and my car would not reach the dealer on the 28th, as scheduled. Oh well, at least the wait is almost over!
Enjoy your new car and drive it in good health.
Mike