Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 05-31-2011, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: '01 325i and '09 XRS
Thank you so much Starless! This helped massively and was very well done.

I do have a question for everyone, in the attached photo I have circled a bolt in turquoise. I removed that bolt because I initially did not look close enough at the DIY instructions. I replaced all the lines and res. but I have PS fluid leaking from that bolt I highlighted. It seems to be tightened just fine. I dont recall there being a washer or anything underneath it when I took it out. But I wanted to know what you all thought.

I also could not find that bolt on realoem to see if it showed a washer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i with M56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
Hey, guys. If anybody needs "the tool" I'll loan it to you. Just PM me. You leave me the deposit (20$) through paypal, pay for shipping both ways, use it for your repairs, send it back to me, I return the deposit back to your paypal account. So, you end up paying only for shipping both ways. Fair enough?
I'm planning on doing this replacement/ flush along with replacing my pump and res this weekend. Any chance I can borrow your tool? PM me and I can give you my paypal account and fed ex # to ship overnight to my address

Your thread looks straight forward enough to tackle this job myself. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: 323i
Why would you go thru this procedure and not replace the noisy PS pump?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330i
Just wanted to say thanks for having this write-up, Starless! I used it when replacing my pump, resv, and the two resv hoses (turns out one was ready to split open ).

One thing with the hose connected to the cooler, it can be a PITA to remove without the tool. I didn't have the tool and ended up using a crescent wrench but only got it to pop off after sliding out the DS headlight assm. After pulling out the headlight (it just needs to come out enough to give you room, no need to disconnect wires) I put some rag as a leverage point to push against the clip on the hose with the wrench and it popped right away.

Before that I tried with my hands and could tell was really close but not there, and the wrench I just couldn't get the leverage with it (until the headlight was out).
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
E46Fanatics

Mein Auto: BMW 330Ci
Wow! Great info OP. Found this from E46Fanatics.com

FOR SALE
E46 M3 OEM Diffusers <15k miles

FOR RENT
RTAB Tool

My iTrader Feedback
Note: I mainly post in E46Fanatics.com