BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dinan stuff for the E83?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BM2W 
#1 ·
I know there are Dinan options for the X3 up to 2006. Does anyone know if Dinan has anything in the works for the 07+?

Steve? Are you reading this?

#2 ·
I would be very surprised if they hadn't got something already. The problem is that very few X3 owners do anything to their cars before the warrany/free maintentance runs out, and even then not many are so inclined. The market is quite small really, so unless the system has applications to other BMW versions it doesn't really pay to produce anything specific. On a related note Dinan is now servicing Mercedes too! Hi Steve!:thumbup:

#3 ·
I have an '04 3.0 6MT with the Dinan CAI, free-flow exhaust and upgraded engine s/w. It adds approx 13 hp and 11ft/lbs, crisps-up the throttle response, add a couple hundred rpm to the redline. The exhaust has a nice thraty burble around town, but is quite transparent at hiway speeds (no drone or booming). Interestingly, my mpg went up 1-2 mpg in 'normal' driving (it do get thirsty if you're on it a lot). Thirteen hp isn't a reall big kick in a 4000# vehicle (especially at 7000' in Santa Fe), but it is a noticeable improvement. I don't know that Dinan is still offering teh CAI, I had a couple of 'lean burn' faults (SES light came on) when I first had everything installed, but the dealer worked with Dinan and it's been fine for the last 2+ years.

All in all, I'm happy with the upgrades. HTH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.