Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 11-29-2009, 06:55 AM

Mein Auto: 93 540i auto
feux de remorque?? know anything about this??

My 93 540i seems to give me warnings in French. I had just connected the air filter since I cleaned it and then started the car to let it idle. I happen to look at my dash and my new warning is "feux de remorque", my next thought was WTF mate? It translates into "fires of towrope" and i'm guessing its trying to tell me that my tow connection lights are out (i have no tow connection/ hitch)? Can anyone shed more light on this and how can I get it to talk to me in english? Its an odd car, its German, speaks French and the guages are MPH over Kmh.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1993 525iT
Quote:
Its an odd car, its German, speaks French and the guages are MPH over Kmh.
You could try an American Hot Dog smothered in Sauerkraut served on a French Baugette stuffed into the inlet manifold.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 93 540i auto
Probably the best thing I could do for it since all of a sudden its crying for parts.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34/5
Does it always speak french? What I mean is the language is selectable. You can make it speak english or german...maybe italian...don't remember. With the key on, you press and hold down the cc button for a long ass time and it lets you select language. Change it to English US or whatever you like...then when you see the message it will at least be understandable.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E34 540I
Feux de remolque is indeed the connection for a trailer.Do you have a connector for it?What also could be is that you have a loose connection in the LKM.Leucht Kontrol Modul.That is the long black plastic piece that is in the fusebox under the hood.Remove it open and check for loose connections.

Alex