Couple of F10 Thoughts
First, I really like the photos and can't wait to see it in person. When my E39 was ready to be put out to pasture I wanted a new 5er but couldn't deal with the E60 styling and bought an E90. The pictures and tech description of the F10 will make me take a hard look with thoughts of returning.
- I like the new eight speed step.
- I like that the 528 will get a bump to 240hp.
- I like the new suspension design.
- I HOPE that all the fuel pump issues have been solved on the turbo six.
- I HOPE that the march towards so many software driven systems don't force lots of maintenance time and/or performance issues.
- I Don't like the fact that the F10 has grown almost three inches and added weight. What is with all these manufacturers building bigger and heavier cars when fuel economy issues will only grow and many people just don't want a car longer than about 190 inches (4.85M). Audi, Honda, Buick and others all seem to be following this trend.
Anyway, to each his own. I know that while I have some questions, I like what I see so far and will definitely take a look when the F10 hits the showrooms.