Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 02-26-2011, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: None
X3 vs 328xi sedan

Hi,

I am a confused soul in the Midwest (Minnepolis-St.Paul). It snows quite a bit and is a very cold place. I am confused which one I should go for? A 2007 X3 or a 2008 328xi sedan. I test drove both and like both. It appeared as if the 2007 X3 was much more stable in general and I enjoyed the high seat view on the roads whereas the 328xi had superior traction control, feel and braking which I completely enjoyed.

This is going to be my first ever car in such a cold place and I am not used to driving in such conditions. Both are nearly the same price (around 27k). So please help me decide which one to go for.
Ads by Google
Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtastic View Post
Hi,

I am a confused soul in the Midwest (Minnepolis-St.Paul). It snows quite a bit and is a very cold place. I am confused which one I should go for? A 2007 X3 or a 2008 328xi sedan. I test drove both and like both. It appeared as if the 2007 X3 was much more stable in general and I enjoyed the high seat view on the roads whereas the 328xi had superior traction control, feel and braking which I completely enjoyed.

This is going to be my first ever car in such a cold place and I am not used to driving in such conditions. Both are nearly the same price (around 27k). So please help me decide which one to go for.
Check out this thread.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&highlight=328

Good luck

BMW CCA #422951

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_macaroni View Post
What if gas goes to $5 gallon? You never know, could happen.

Unless you drive the X3 on mostly highways it has a ton of inertia (I guess that is the problem) and it gulps gas.

Do you need the extra hauling space? What about ease of parking? Issues with getting in and out of low or tall cars? It really depends on what you need.

How about a Prius. That's a joke.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPXYZ View Post
What if gas goes to $5 gallon? You never know, could happen.

Unless you drive the X3 on mostly highways it has a ton of inertia (I guess that is the problem) and it gulps gas.

Do you need the extra hauling space? What about ease of parking? Issues with getting in and out of low or tall cars? It really depends on what you need.

How about a Prius. That's a joke.
Gulps gas? I average 27 highway and 21 local if I drive moderately (shifting before 2500) and if I slam it (shifting at 4000-5000) I get 17 and 21.

I have every recipt of every gas tank fill up along with a spread sheet. And the vehicle consitently behaves the same way.

Plus as my wife says, "Honey its a station wagon, the only thing worse is driving a min-van".

I thankfully have a wife that likes to drive and enjoys what a good vehicle has to offer.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more