Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Problems connecting OEM Sirius

So I attempted to hookup my Sirius unit today and ran into problems. I've hooked up multiple Sirius units in my e46s and never had an issue.. This was my first attempt in an X3..

I followed the instructions here that came with the Sirius install kit I purchased from the dealer.
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/E83SiriuswithoutNav.pdf

The Sirius install is fairly straightforward. If you don't have a CD changer (where is it located anyhow?) there are 3 basic connections:

- antenna (I put the correct end onto the antenna)
- ibus connection
- audio connection.

Hooking them up takes about 30 seconds--you simply connect the 3 cables and that's all... They can't even connect the incorrect way--there is only one way to snap them in.

Anyhow, I connected the unit, and hit MODE on the radio until I get to the SIRIUS input. There is signal (I can change channels, and don't get the "acquiring" message) but there is a popping sound coming from the radio, and no music can be heard via the Sirius input.

I know this Sirius unit is good, as I just pulled it from my wife's e46, but I decided to try another one just to be safe--same results. I also connected another Sirius antenna (as opposed to BMW sharkfin) and had the same results.

Anyone have any ideas?
Ads by Google
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0i
Can't help with your Sirius problem, but can tell you that the stock/factory location for the CD changer is in the center armrest, situated vertically.

-pd.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx3 View Post
Can't help with your Sirius problem, but can tell you that the stock/factory location for the CD changer is in the center armrest, situated vertically.

-pd.
Got it...So since I don't have a CD changer, I needed to switch the jumper on the back of the radio. Step #12 from the instructions. Followed a youtube video to remove radio, and voila, all set--Sirius works...

Old 12-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Quality

Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Mein Auto: 330i
SNA77,
You are indeed the Sirius expert. I think you are the most qualified member here to answer this thread.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917