Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X5 4.4i
06 X5 4.4i - steering vibration/noise

Hello everyone,

Just bought a 06 X5 4.4 with 92,000KM last week. Took it for a pre-purchase inspection and throughly checked it out prior to purchase and everything was fine.

A couple of days after, I started noticing a bit of inconsistency in the rev when at idle (normal operating temperature). When stopped at red lights, the rev increases/decreases ever so slightly and I feel some vibration in the steering wheel and transmission lever.

Tonight, all of a sudden I started noticing an odd noise from the engine, something like heehaa heehaa heehaa.... with vibration in the steering wheel at the same time. This time, the vibration continued even as the car was moving at speeds between 80-100KM.

Has anybody experienced this before? Any idea as to what it may be?

Thanks,
Ads by Google