Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 03-28-2002, 08:04 AM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
beating the dead horse re:climate control

okay, got the car back from the dealer.... they assured me that there wasnt anything else they could program to keep my climate control off. should i go to another dealer and PAY for this? at the dealer i go to, usually they are knowledgeable and car/key reprgm is free while under warranty. at a dealer closer it'd be 40. i'm going to houston this weekend and might try dealers there too. is it worth 40? i dont know, i get annoyed. help. btw, my car is 4/01 production.
Ads by Google
Old 03-28-2002, 08:21 AM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
Re: beating the dead horse re:climate control

Quote:
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
okay, got the car back from the dealer.... they assured me that there wasnt anything else they could program to keep my climate control off. should i go to another dealer and PAY for this? at the dealer i go to, usually they are knowledgeable and car/key reprgm is free while under warranty. at a dealer closer it'd be 40. i'm going to houston this weekend and might try dealers there too. is it worth 40? i dont know, i get annoyed. help. btw, my car is 4/01 production.
If Larry and Bart couldn't do it, you probably can't. I would not bother trying John Roberts, and I think it will be more than $40 there! Maybe you can call up dealers in Houston and see if they know how to do that and how much... there are so many of them in Houston. (and don't bother with John Roberts in Houston, or Momentum)

--Andrew
Old 03-28-2002, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: .
Re: beating the dead horse re:climate control

Quote:
Is that Garlyn Shelton? And did you buy your car there, or do they do it for free for everybody?

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
Re: Re: beating the dead horse re:climate control

Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb

Is that Garlyn Shelton? And did you buy your car there, or do they do it for free for everybody?
neither eugene nor I bought our cars there. but they will program your car for free... i'm sure they will program yours free of charge... u got an ///M3!

--Andrew
Old 03-28-2002, 08:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: beating the dead horse re:climate control

Quote:
Originally posted by ayn

neither eugene nor I bought our cars there. but they will program your car for free... i'm sure they will program yours free of charge... u got an ///M3!

--Andrew
\

Sounds like a good excuse for a drive if I ever need it!

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:59 AM

atyclb -

i would HIGHLY recommend garlyn shelton. it's about an hour. larry and bart, the service reps, are great. and their head tech, frank, is a great guy too. and they give loaners (proteges) or rentals if they dont have loaners if you need to leave your car, even if you didnt buy from them (unlike JR). it is a great dealership.

btw -

i saw a 330ci yesterday with an //m badge on it. but the person but the badge on the left side of the deck (where like a dealer decal or something might go) i laughed. it was a real m badge. on a separate note, that's why i dislike momentum bmw cuz they use teh //m and it is funny to see on non m cars even theirs dont use the colors.

Last edited by eugeneDC/TX; 03-28-2002 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:20 AM

Quote:
atyclb -

i would HIGHLY recommend garlyn shelton. it's about an hour. larry and bart, the service reps, are great. and their head tech, frank, is a great guy too. and they give loaners (proteges) or rentals if they dont have loaners if you need to leave your car, even if you didnt buy from them (unlike JR). it is a great dealership.

btw -

i saw a 330ci yesterday with an //m badge on it. but the person but the badge on the left side of the deck (where like a dealer decal or something might go) i laughed. it was a real m badge. on a separate note, that's why i dislike momentum bmw cuz they use teh //m and it is funny to see on non m cars even theirs dont use the colors.
I may definitely give them a try, although JR gave me a free loaner (X5 3.0) when I had my 1200 mile service done, and I bought from Mike Pile in Tyler.

(maybe only for ///M cars?)

Old 03-28-2002, 09:24 AM

hmm, when i called JR they said only if you bought your car there. ha, your m3 prob has a little more leverage than my 325...haha. i MAY try JR now that they moved to the new location, but i'm loyal to garlyn shelton, they've always done right by me...