Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Drk280
Mein Auto: 2009 Z4
Is this normal?

Just a little something i have noted and the dealer didn't know the answer, whenever i start the car the fan is always on, nothing else is on only the fan

the other thing is on the idrive, there is no pause or repeat function available or even stop for the songs .. how strange

There is a night mode for the nav system, but it doesnt come automatically, i had to assign it a shortcut button on the front radio.

Same thing for zoom mode for movies it doesn't remember the setting, once again shortcut button.. and the volume on movies is terribly low same thing for the phone you turn it up while talking then hang up and back to music blasting at full volume

the car needs to go back to the dealer as the voice recognition for the nav system doesn't work, works everywhere else but not for the address, i was told i need to have the 2010 software. Interesting enough i have an option to use satellite images on the nav but they don't appear to work, we looked at a different Z4 (earlier build) and it did not have that option.

Apart from that, had my Z4 30 for 2 weeks now, i should have got the white
Ads by Google
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
I noticed the fan on also.. you'd think it would remember how you left it after last use.

When using my ipod, you can just hit the on/off volume control on center console to virtually pause. Yes it's turning it off but when you turn it back on it picks up where it left off.

Not familiar with night modes on nav or zoom on movies.... I do have a nice 6 disc changer that I've never used. With the ipod attached who needs a changer... Also copying and/or playing mp3s from usb stick to car works well.

I've not had an issue with phone/radio volume during calls. However I have noticed that some of the MP3.s I've ripped are much lower volume compared to others which was not noticable with earphones playing direct.

Voice commands for address book work ok, but act differnt than what the manual states. The manul acts as if you 'record' a name for each address book entry, mine actually trys to convert voice to text to match as listed in my phone... So I have to speak 'lastname firstname' because of how it's stored in phone.

Reached 5K miles, haven't been back to shop yet... 2009/35 w/premium sound/nav
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Z4 35i
My car has the fan thing going on as well. Everytime that I start the car, the fan is on the lowest setting with one green light. There has to be something to correct this. The default setting should be the climate control system completely off.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW Z-4 35 i
With mine - if I turn off the fan completely - (no green light) - it does not come back on when I start the car again - it remains off - If you leave the car heater/AC on "Auto" it will come on -

to repeat a song that you have stored on your hard drive - you just push either the UP or DOWN arrow on your steeringwheel - (forgot which one) to replay or start that song from the beginning.

Phil
Old 12-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 335i AT; '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNRT View Post
to repeat a song that you have stored on your hard drive - you just push either the UP or DOWN arrow on your steeringwheel - (forgot which one) to replay or start that song from the beginning.

Phil
It's the up button (and the opposite of the '07 E93 I had - ah, the grief of retraining).