Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 525i
Exclamation the drivers side door lock will not open any ideas

i have a 1990 525i works great but today i when to go for a drive stuck the key in the door to unlock it but the drivers door would not unlock all the other doors did and all windows and other thing still work but the drivers side door will not open i cant even pull up the lock tab on the inside i have been reading over forums and i have not found any thing about in because i still have full power to all other fechers in the car does any one have any clue at what could be going on with it
Ads by Google
Old 12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 90 535iM
It would be your front door lock actuator. It is a solenoid that when it goes bad it just freezes in whatever position it is in.
Best to buy used from someone parting out an e34, but make sure it is a pre-1993 model year, they changed the design of it then. The dealership will charge $100+ for that piece.

I've got one left, but I need to replace mine so I'm going to have to keep it for myself.

Good luck though!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: 525i
i salved the prob thx

turns out that the lock pin had become jamed i dont no how or why but all i had to do was remove door pannel tack lock of and reset but thx for all input