Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewaver View Post
Sorry if you felt insulted, but let me tell you this, when it comes to e65, the quality of the helps decreases drastically and that is on every forums and mercenary behaviors increase. I have little posts because I don't see the point in taking the floor to say "I don't know". If I open my big mouth it's usually about something I know, if you had an old DVD for Sale your should have published it so anybody could have taken advantage,. Threads that finish in "PM me" are of no use to the community people because there is no solution attached.

This is the link to the DVD rip: google BMW.Navigation.DVD.Road.Map.Europe.BUSINESS.2013.D VD1

No need to be defensive. PM if you still have a problem with this.
I agree that other forums are not like this one. That is the point! I also have an F10 528i and I never visit those forums for just that reason.

However, this forum is different. I have met members from here and the M6 forum and they are a great group. In fact i have met 15 forum members in California, Toronto,, Florida and I am currently in Dubai and I will try to meet up with an M6 forum member that lives here. This forum is very personal in a common friendship way.

I appreciate your response, but spend some time and really look at the posts and you'll see what I mean. Sorry you have had a bad experience elsewhere but that is not the case here.

One final point. If you read my post carefully, I said I gave him the disc (for free, even the postage). I never said I had one for sale. That's the way this group rolls. We help each other. Not everyone knows how to download a torrent or even burn an ISO file.

On that note, if you need help with your E65 ask here. You'll be surprised at the resources and experiences here, even though we are a 6 series group.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

Last edited by roseng; 06-22-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
Re: Navigation DVD won't eject

Can anyone recommend the brand of disc to use? I have an 2011 version and it would stop working after a few days. It may be the brand of disc. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Navigation DVD won't eject

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
I agree that other forums are not like this one. That is the point! I also have an F10 528i and I never visit those forums for just that reason.

However, this forum is different. I have met members from here and the M6 forum and they are a great group. In fact i have met 15 forum members in California, Toronto,, Florida and I am currently in Dubai and I will try to meet up with an M6 forum member that lives here. This forum is very personal in a common friendship way.

I appreciate your response, but spend some time and really look at the posts and you'll see what I mean. Sorry you have had a bad experience elsewhere but that is not the case here.

One final point. If you read my post carefully, I said I gave him the disc (for free, even the postage). I never said I had one for sale. That's the way this group rolls. We help each other. Not everyone knows how to download a torrent or even burn an ISO file.

On that note, if you need help with your E65 ask here. You'll be surprised at the resources and experiences here, even though we are a 6 series group.
+1 - no room for nonsense on this board

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipertec View Post
Can anyone recommend the brand of disc to use? I have an 2011 version and it would stop working after a few days. It may be the brand of disc. Thanks for your help.
Here are my recommendations when it comes to DVD media. If you are having issues after using a quality DVD-R then try using a different system to burn. Laptops typically have crappy DVD burners so I would use a desktop.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
Here are my recommendations when it comes to DVD media. If you are having issues after using a quality DVD-R then try using a different system to burn. Laptops typically have crappy DVD burners so I would use a desktop.
+1

I don't have a specific recommendation for media and I have not seen a disc that quits after a few days.

What happens when you remove it and put it back in? Has this happened to more than one or 2 discs? Are they from the same batch of blanks?

I would also burn any DVD at no more than 4x speed. This could help a lot as they can read as good but the jitter from the high/max speed burn can cause a marginal disc.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewaver View Post
You are not going to try to sell the torrent link are you?
bewaver, I'm fairly new to this forum too, but I found out very early that the people on this forum are top notch, they do help with any issue that one has with the cars. Before making any comment, you should have spent more time on this forum and read some of the discussions. You would have found, that Roseng is one of many on this board that has an amazing knowledge about BMWs and you would have seen his name on most threats. Let it be a lesson to you when you comment on anything in the future.

20" wheels 245/35 - 285/30, black grill and blacked out side markers, 10W white LED angel eyes, Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein shocks,
AC Schnitzer pedals, Sprint Booster (what a waste of money), electronic exhaust cut-outs, red brake calipers (painted)
AFE air intake, door laser BMW logo projector lights, CSR front lip with carbon accents, carbon side skirts
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM

Mein Auto: 645 2006
Same problem + iDrive won't start up

2006 645ci convertible

I can't eject my navigation DVD, which I have been told may be why by iDrive is hanging and won't start up. I get the start up BMW screen for 10 seconds, then dark for a few, then start up screen for 10 seconds, it keeps on repeating the cycle.

I tried holding down the eject and volume buttons, nothing. There doesn't seem to be a manual eject hole to depress. Is disconnecting the battery really the only option?

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Based on the two successful ejects by members after disconnecting the battery I would say yes, your best option is to disconnect the battery. It takes less that 2 minutes to disconnect it.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:05 PM

Mein Auto: 645 2006
I successfully ejected when my system was working this morning. Now, it simply doesn't start up. I am disconnecting the battery in hopes it will reset/hard reboot the system. It seems to be hanging on start up, like it has a corrupt sys file or something. Is it possible to reload the system software?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 PM

Yes, it is possible to reflash the main DME software. Software updates are available so some people will go to the dealer to have the latest "CIP" software upgraded. Based on other posts I've read, I believe some dealers are worried about bricking the control units during the flash (rare but can happen) and they make you sign a waiver saying it's not their fault if the flash fails. (in which case you need a new $1,200 main computer or maybe a sub-module)

Your problems sound like they are related to the battery, DVD drive, or the main CCC (iDrive) computer so I would not update software as a first step in trying to solve your issues.