Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
BMW is my lifestyle!!!

Mein Auto: BMW E46 1999 323i
Power mirror switch burn!!!Help

Hi, today i notice that my mirror not workc, so i check the fuses and find the mirror fuse blown(32 or 31 i think), i install a new one and my switch on the driver door star to blown smoke and ten seconds later the fuse blown again. In the afternoon i run some test to find the problem. Without the switch the fuse NO blown, i check the cable and foun one positive and one ground the others 7 or 8 cables not have nothing. Then i open the switch and found that is cooked medium well, so i remove the plastic cover and clean it , the conect the little board without the butoms and the fuse not blow.I know that i need to buy a new switch, but you think yhe problem is the switch or is another issue.The switch is about $65.00 damn!!!, mine is the one with two plugs, any help please
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2009, 07:57 PM
BMW is my lifestyle!!!

Mein Auto: BMW E46 1999 323i
Is the part #1 (61318373691)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	253.png
Views:	239
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	212671  
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Hang in there somebody will help you. Sometimes it takes a little while for the one with the answer to read the post.

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 318i SE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fher 323i View Post
Hi, today i notice that my mirror not workc, so i check the fuses and find the mirror fuse blown(32 or 31 i think), i install a new one and my switch on the driver door star to blown smoke and ten seconds later the fuse blown again. In the afternoon i run some test to find the problem. Without the switch the fuse NO blown, i check the cable and foun one positive and one ground the others 7 or 8 cables not have nothing. Then i open the switch and found that is cooked medium well, so i remove the plastic cover and clean it , the conect the little board without the butoms and the fuse not blow.I know that i need to buy a new switch, but you think yhe problem is the switch or is another issue.The switch is about $65.00 damn!!!, mine is the one with two plugs, any help please
Hi there,

I have the same problem, did u resolve it.
Is the switch faulty or is it something else.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 (E46 )328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fher 323i View Post
Similar problem... switch started smoking and blew up.. want to make sure everything else is correct, before sacrificing a new switch .. did you find anything?
Thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 bmw e46 330i
ya i have the same prob i have the 2 plug one did the same thing i got a new switch i worked fine then like ten seconds poof theres smoke so its not the switch im going to pull the door panle and look for shorts and check the wires