Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 03-28-2002, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: '88 M3, '01 Z3, '06 330i
Wow! The G35 Coupe looks good! (link inside)

http://www.freshalloy.com/

:thumb:
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2002, 07:19 PM

Talking

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g35 - front.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	947  
Old 03-28-2002, 08:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ashe
Mein Auto: FAQ you.
whats the price on that badboy?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shifty
http://www2.freshalloy.com/site/cars...oupe/main.html

yeah i agree
looks better than the 350z

now tell me..why should i buy a 325ci when i can get a g35coupe which is a better value,better performance, better luxury

bmw better step up and compete

let the hp wars begin hehe
[/QUOTE
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
- Samuel P. Huntington
Old 03-28-2002, 09:00 PM

I believe starting will be $30k or a little under. If Nissan/Infiniti doesn't offer a sunroof than I wouldn't be interested.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ashe
Mein Auto: FAQ you.
i just checked the link on that board:

Press Release
SOURCE: Infiniti
Infiniti Announces Pricing on All-New 2003 G35; - Pre-Sale Program Through Infiniti Retailers to Begin Today -
DETROIT, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan North America, Inc., today announced pricing on the all-new 2003 G35 high-performance rear-wheel drive sport sedan at this year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020107/LAM113 )
The all-new G35, which is set to go on sale in mid-March at more than 150 retailers nationwide, has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starting at $27,100. Customers may also opt for a leather model with an MSRP of $28,950, and adds leather-appointed seats, 8-way power driver's seat, unique 17-inch alloy wheels with P215/55VR17 tires, steering wheel audio controls and dual-illuminated visor vanity mirrors.

Infiniti also announced a comprehensive G35 pre-sale program through its retailers, which allows G35 buyers to price and order their vehicle in the model and color they want beginning today. Consumers can pre-order a G35 at an Infiniti Retailer, online at www.infiniti.com or by filling out a pre-order card located in the brand brochure.

G35 combines leading-edge design and technology, driver-oriented performance and a high level of luxury. It was created with a decided emphasis on sportiness, offering a standard 260-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension and Vehicle Dynamic Control built on the all-new Advanced Front Midship rear-wheel drive platform.

Inside, G35 offers a myriad of amenities including a standard 6-disc in-dash CD changer, available leather-appointed seats with 8-way power adjustable driver's seat, a Bose® premium 200-watt 7-speaker audio system and DVD Infiniti Navigation System with 6.5-inch retractable monitor.

``The new G35 clearly demonstrates Infiniti's goal to offer the most advanced vehicles in class, providing power, performance and luxury features all at a tremendous value,'' said Mark McNabb, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division.

Optional packages on G35 include the Premium Package, which includes a Bose premium audio system, dual climate control with rear vents, reclining rear seats and more; Sport-Tuned Suspension Package, which adds an upgraded sport-tuned suspension, unique 5-spoke sport-alloy wheels, 17-inch high performance tires and titanium-trimmed interior center console; and an Aero Package, which includes a rear spoiler and underbody aerodynamic side fairings providing 0.26 coefficient of drag with zero lift.

Complete pricing and option packages are available on the following chart.

Infiniti is supported by a network of approximately 150 retailers throughout North America and offers a range of luxury vehicles including the Infiniti QX4 luxury Sport Utility Vehicle, G20 sport sedan, I35 luxury sedan, and flagship Q45 luxury performance sedan. For more information on the complete line of Infiniti luxury vehicles and the Total Ownership Experience (TOE) philosophy, visit Infiniti on the Web at www.infiniti.com .

For further information, please contact: John Schilling, +1-310-771-6057, or Eric Booth, +1-310-771-3014, both of Infiniti Public Relations; or contact the media line at +1-310-771-5631.

Infiniti, and Infiniti Model Names are Nissan Trademarks.

2003 Infiniti G35 Pricing (Preliminary)

MSRP
G35 Sport Sedan 3.5L DOHC V6 5-speed auto w/ manual shift $27,100
G35 Sport Sedan
w/ leather 3.5L DOHC V6 5-speed auto w/ manual shift $28,950
Options Premium Package $2,200
Navigation Package $2,000
Sunroof $1,000
Bose(R) Audio System $900
Winter Package - Sport $600
Aero Package $550
Xenon Headlights $550
Winter Package $450
Sport-Tuned Suspension Package $425
Wood Package $250
Full-size Spare $180
Destination
and Handling $545

Option Content

Premium Package
Bose premium 200-watt, 7-speaker audio system with RDS
Dual climate control with rear vents
Driver's seat memory
4-way power passenger seat
Reclining rear seats
Auto on/off headlights
Homelink(R) Universal Transceiver
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
All power windows one-touch up/down
(Requires Sunroof)

Navigation Package
DVD Infiniti Navigation System with 6.5-inch LCD retractable monitor
(Requires Premium Package)

Sunroof
Power sliding/tilt glass sunroof with one-touch open/close feature

Bose Audio System
Premium 200-watt, 7-speaker audio system with RDS

Aero Package
Rear spoiler and underbody aerodynamic side fairings
(Requires Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)

Sport-Tuned Suspension Package
Sport-Tuned suspension
5-spoke aluminum-alloy sport wheel
17-inch high performance tires
Titanium-trimmed interior center console

Wood Package (Genuine Bird's Eye Maple Wood)
Wood and leather shift knob
Wood insert on front door armrests
(Not available with Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)

Winter Package - Sport
Heated front seats and outside mirrors
All-season P215/55VR17 17-inch tires
Full-size spare tire with matching alloy wheel
(Requires Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)

Winter Package
Heated front seats and outside mirrors
(Requires Full-size Spare;
Not available with Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)

Full-size Spare Tire
(Requires Winter Package; Included in the Winter Package - Sport
with Sport-Tuned Suspension Package)
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
- Samuel P. Huntington
Old 03-28-2002, 09:50 PM

One small problem. That's all related to the sedan. Think any of it will match up with the coupe this fall?
Old 03-28-2002, 10:00 PM

I did find this.

NEW YORK - Infiniti on Thursday, March 28, unveiled its G35 sport coupe at the New York auto show.

Infiniti will start building the G35 in Japan this summer, and sales begin in the fall. Pricing is expected to start at less than $30,000.

The G35 has a tuned 275-hp 3.5-liter, V-6 engine that produces more than 260 pounds-feet of torque.

A six-speed manual transmission will be standard. A five-speed automatic with shift mode will be optional.

Also optional will be a navigation system with a 6.5-inch retractable monitor.

The four-passenger G35 will come standard with 18-inch wheels.

Infiniti said the G35 will be marketed primarily at men, with a median age of 37 and a household income of about $100,000.

Competitors for the G35 will include the BMW 3-series coupe, the Acura CL and the Mercedes C230 hatchback.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Ex-Neighbor to the American Taliban

Mein Auto: nothing
Sean buddy, you are all over the map. G35 and Mini? It looks like you haven't decided what to do next.

Have fun test driving around!
Old 03-29-2002, 07:48 AM

Dave,
You're not kidding. I looked at the G35 sedan and A4's (again) last week. I may go to Atlanta this weekend to see a CooperS and hope I'm offered the opportunity to drive one. What I'd really like to would be to order a 2003 330i, but I just can't justify paying that kind of money again. Especially since I seem to only keep a car 1 1/2 to 2 years.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
I did find this.

NEW YORK - Infiniti on Thursday, March 28, unveiled its G35 sport coupe at the New York auto show.

Infiniti will start building the G35 in Japan this summer, and sales begin in the fall. Pricing is expected to start at less than $30,000.

The G35 has a tuned 275-hp 3.5-liter, V-6 engine that produces more than 260 pounds-feet of torque.

A six-speed manual transmission will be standard. A five-speed automatic with shift mode will be optional.

Also optional will be a navigation system with a 6.5-inch retractable monitor.

The four-passenger G35 will come standard with 18-inch wheels.

Infiniti said the G35 will be marketed primarily at men, with a median age of 37 and a household income of about $100,000.

Competitors for the G35 will include the BMW 3-series coupe, the Acura CL and the Mercedes C230 hatchback.
OMG!!

I gotta drive that!! Sounds sooooo good!!

18's standard and a six speed and 275 horse and rwd!! :thumb:

MUCH cheeper then M3!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Old 03-29-2002, 07:54 AM
Lost

Another Pic.

Looks better then the back of the Z, IMHO!! :thumb:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photos_003.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	950  
Old 03-29-2002, 08:02 AM

Post More G35 Coupe Info

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe Debuts at New York International Auto Show

– Heart of a Racing-Inspired Sports Car Rests Under Dramatically Styled 2+2 Body –

The new 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan, which went on sale at over 150 Infiniti dealers nationwide on March 11, is a four-door sedan created with racing-inspired technology. This fall, Infiniti takes the same rear-wheel drive, driver-oriented platform, turns up the performance levels and drapes it under a sensuous new two-door 2+2 body to create the all-new 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe. Infiniti unveiled a pre-production version of the G35 Sport Coupe today at the New York International Auto Show.

“The G35 Coupe is a car that moves Infiniti forward into new territory,” said Mark McNabb, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division. “It has the same combination of high performance, rear-wheel drive and luxury amenities of our flagship Q45 and G35 sedans and adds that extra measure of emotion and excitement that comes with sports car styling and packaging.”

The G35 Sport Coupe shares the innovative FM (for front mid-ship) platform with the new G35 Sport Sedan. In both vehicles, the engine is positioned behind the front axle, resulting in an optimized front-to-rear weight balance of 52:48 – which factors in weight transfer during key handling maneuvers, such as entering and exiting corners. The FM platform also positions its large diameter wheels and tires out near the corners of the vehicle, providing an extra measure of handling stability (versus a shorter, narrower platform).

“Kazutoshi Mizuno, the G35’s Chief Vehicle Engineer, began development of the basic platform concept in 1995, after heading Nissan’s LeMans and Group C racing programs,” said McNabb. “This combination of racing-inspired technology and extensive development work has created an exceptionally refined package right out of the box for both the sedan and coupe Models of the G35.”

Both the G35 Sport Coupe and Sport Sedan feature a standard 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine with aluminum-alloy block and heads and electronically controlled “drive-by-wire” throttle system. The G35 Sport Coupe receives a higher level of engine performance and exhaust tuning than the sedan, resulting in a horsepower rating of 275-plus, versus the sedan’s 260 horsepower. The G35 Sport Coupe will be offered with a choice of 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode or an all-new 6-speed manual transmission. Infiniti’s Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system is standard on every G35 Sport Coupe.

Both G35s feature an advanced 4-wheel multi-link suspension with extensive use of aluminum-alloy components to reduce unsprung weight and incorporate special “ripple control” shock absorber technology for responsive yet comfortable ride and handling. The suspension tuning of the G35 Sport Coupe is slightly more aggressive than the sedan. The G35 Sport Coupe offers standard 17-inch wheel capability including ultra wide P225/50VR17 tires up front with P235/50VR17 tires in the rear. The Sport Model comes with available 18-inch wheels and high performance tires. Standard braking system components include 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes, Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD).

The exterior of the G35 Sport Coupe, while sharing many visual elements of the sedan, offers styling that is both sporty and elegant. It features xenon headlights, LED tail lamps and an available rear wing. The G35 Sport Coupe shares the sedan’s long 112.2-inch wheelbase but is slightly shorter in overall length (182.2 inches versus 186.5) and height (54.9 inches versus 57.9). With its performance-oriented chassis, wider wheel openings and fenders, the G35 Sport Coupe is also several inches wider than the sedan (71.5 inches versus 68.9).

“The G35 Sport Coupe is pure Infiniti in terms of its clean, progressive styling,” said McNabb. “We also believe it’s going to be seen as one of the best looking vehicles on the road come fall – sport coupe, sport car, any category.”

The interior of the G35 Coupe is equally attractive, combining a driver-oriented cockpit with an Infiniti level of luxury and design detail. The sport-contoured front bucket seats offer side panel control switches and available ultra soft leather, manufactured exclusively for Infiniti G35, with a 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat (6-way power driver’s seat and 2-way power front passenger seat are standard).

An in-dash 6-disc CD changer is standard, while a digital Bose“ premium audio system with 8 speakers and a DVD-based Infiniti Navigation System with 6.5-inch wide retractable monitor are optionally available. The sculpted fold-down rear seat offers 2+2 seating or an expanded cargo area. Other interior amenities include an Infiniti signature analog clock, Fine Vision electrofluorescent gage illumination and power windows and door lock, to name just a few.

From a safety standpoint, every G35 comes with standard dual-stage front air bags, front seat side-impact supplemental air bags and front and rear seat curtain side impact supplemental air bags. Also standard are seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters and the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat anchors and tether system.

The 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe will be offered in two fully equipped models, the Luxury Model and Sport Model. Other available equipment includes a dual sliding glass sunroof with one-touch open/close feature, DVD-type navigation system, Bose® premium audio system, an Aero Package with rear aero wing and rear side air diffusers, a Brembo Brakes Package, Premium Package and Winter Package with heated front seats and heated outside mirrors.

“The G35 Sport Sedan has launched to outstanding reviews and strong consumer interest, worthy of its segment leading performance, packaging and style,” said McNabb. “The new G35 Sport Coupe is going to build on that momentum, powering Infiniti to the same leadership position in the sport coupe class.”
Old 03-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Lost

Quote:
Originally posted by shifty
http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=38352&t=38352
more pics at show
Sweet!! The interior does not even look that bad.

Are those the 17's or 18's?

Does kind of look like an RSX on steriods though.