Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Old 12-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: M5
E39 Angel Eye Headlamp Adjusters

Hello All,

I have a problem with my headlights in that the internal plastic adjusters have become brittle and broken, which means my headlights cannot be aligned.

Of course I have the option of replacing the headlights completely, and I know there are cheap aftermarket versions avalable for less than 200, but I do not want cheap aftermarket versions, simply becauseyou gets what you pay for, in that more often than not they do not have auto balance anjusters with them and usually cannot be fitted.

Ok, so my other option is to go for the original Hella replacement units which as you know are rather expensive an I would rather not go doqn this route either.

So recently I found some instructions on the TinterWeb detailing exactly what has to be done to actually replace the adjusters. Great, but when I telephoned my local BMW agent, they told me they donot supply the adjusters.

I then found a link on a site that took me to a USA based firm that does sell the adjusters, but they want $190 USD for both sides, which I think is a bit steep for what amounts to 4 bits of plastic!!......and of course this would be plus delivery and import charges.....hmmm

So my question is this: Does anyone know if/where I could get these adjusters here in the UK. Surely, someone must do them as it is I am led to believe a common problem.
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Stupendous Man

Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/produ...tcF9pZD04.html

CA Automotive......

UK company
Old 02-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Mark@EAC
Mein Auto: e39 5
we carry the same parts and stock them in the US for faster service. PM me if you need assistance ordering.

http://www.eactuning.com/e39-aluminu...ers-p-467.html
Old 02-20-2010, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: '02 M5, '84 R80 G/S PD
What year is your M5?
IIRC 2003 models use a glue to hold the lens on......that can't be heated....to separate the lens.
Earlier years....you can heat & glue loosens up.
If you have '03...http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...some-pics.html

Cheers,
E
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Mark@EAC
Mein Auto: e39 5
I offer a service to repair the 2003 lights that do not open like the earlier version. With all due respect to the M5board member there is no need to hack into the light like that. I make a single hole about the diameter of a US quarter to work through and then seal it with a grommet when I am done so the light is still weather tight. The final result shows no signs of repair and appears 100% OEM when installed, from the exterior or under the hood.

If anyone has a 2003 or any of the 01-03 lights they would like aluminum parts installed into professionally feel free to PM me or contact EAC through our website.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: M5
E39 Angel Eye Headlamp Adjusters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark@EACTuning View Post
I offer a service to repair the 2003 lights that do not open like the earlier version. With all due respect to the M5board member there is no need to hack into the light like that. I make a single hole about the diameter of a US quarter to work through and then seal it with a grommet when I am done so the light is still weather tight. The final result shows no signs of repair and appears 100% OEM when installed, from the exterior or under the hood.

If anyone has a 2003 or any of the 01-03 lights they would like aluminum parts installed into professionally feel free to PM me or contact EAC through our website.

So you also sell:
Headlight Adjuster SetBall end Adjusters forHeadlight Element
Part#: 63120027924

Description: Headlight Adjuster Set Ball end Adjusters for Headlight Element

Manufacturer: EZ

List Price: $24.70

Your Price: $9.14

What model do these ones pertain to and is this for one side ony or both?