Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-02-2016, 01:50 AM

Mein Auto: 1994 325i Convertible
What remote? FOB

I have a 1994 325i Convertible. Build date is 93, I bought a single oem bmw fob (Remote) since I have just the 2 button for my locks. It has all the features needed for alarm, horn on right side fender and so forth.

But can't seem to get the single to work with programing and I had read that no need to remove glove box for single button. But I am on Wednesday since will be 52 degrees here and see for myself, lol.

So my question to you guys, Am I using the right remote for an 1993 build 325i or should I be looking for the 2 button remote?

Just is getting frustrating doing all the steps then not getting her to recognize my FOB. lol

Anyone have or had the older E36?

If so you had to have 2 remotes for (1) for the alarm and (1) for keyless entry right?

Thanks for any help guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	548994  
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: pending
You have the correct 1 button fob for the your build date.

Do you have the alarm brain behind/under the glove box and corresponding red bulb on the lower dash?

May cars were "pre-wired" for the alarm with the wiring, hood switch and some with siren. You add the brain and the fob.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:38 AM

I could of swore I had the right one.

I'm going to have to pull the glove box out then and see what's there.

I'm going to try the reprogramming again as well. Was freezing out so who knows, door or trunk might not been working right, lol. Old cars.

But thanks bud!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: pending
I'm not as familiar with the 1st gen alarms as the second.
The second are very easy, just plug in the brain, program the fob and off you go.

I believe the first gen may require flipping dip switches on the brain but I'm not sure.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:49 AM

Yeah, figures, lol

I will be sure to update the post when I get her going though.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search