Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x5 and 330cic
importing a Z4M to canada - problems

I am importing a used Z4M next week to canada and, initially the dealer (which I am not taking the car as I am purshasing it from a Acura dealer) close that this Acura dealer had given me a letter (with BMW logo at the top, coming from Knauz BMW) indicating that, there was NO outstanding recalls pending on this car + serial numer of the car). I send by e-mail this copy of the letter to RIV to be approved and, they just told me on the phone that, its not acceptable as, they need a warranty vehicule inquiry or vehicule (VIN) History report.

I e-mail back the dealer and, they are refusing to do it, asking to contact customers relations.

is there a way to have that crazy letter ? With all the information I had seen on forums, the latest was that RIV was accepting thoses letters.

what should I do ?
Ads by Google
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 3.0 Si
I'll see what I used and let you know. In the meantime, you could call a customs broker and ckeck. I used PF Collins Limited here. Call 709 726-7596 and ask for Anthony M.

Huzz
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: 00 z3 m coupe
I think you'll find BMW Canada will hoist you a good one to the tune of $500 for the sought after letter.

Brutal.

Good luck

Alan
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: 92 325i convertable
Import into canada

I just imported into canada, did you ask riv why they will not accept the recall letter. Is it because of where the letter came from. Recall letters from bmw usa should be accepted. I ended up using the warranty vehicle inquiry report which the seller e mailed to me. It sounds like the people you bought from are screwing you around, they may be trying to hide something from you that is in the warranty report. I have read others that have had the same problem re the recall letter, they phoned some bmw dealers in the usa till they found one that supplied a letter, "free" all they need is the vin number. Riv is aware of the problem with bmw canada and ARE willING to extend your deadline date if you ask. Good luck
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM

answer

I finally was able to find somebody e-mailed me the warranty vehicule inquiry. VIN supposed will accept it

I am picking up this friday. will confirm how all will do...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM

another problems

the independant dealer I did purshased the car, did send my car to the BMW dealer today to have the answer that, finally, they cannot reprogram the millage DRIVEN in kilometres from miles. suppose, they cannot do it supposely for that type of car. is it true ?

does some persons know if it will be accepted in canada or, need a cluster change ?

thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 S/C Z3M Roadster
Importing BMW from US

I have imported 3 BMW's from the US-the first 2 there was no problem with the recall letter but last summer when i purchased a 06 M roadster I could not get a recall letter for the US dealer because the dealer was instructed not to issue them any more -I suspect because of BMW Canada influence . I could not even get my friend who is a service manager with BMW to help because they have to fax a copy of the invoice where they charge the $500.00 fee to BMW Canada in order to have the recall letter sent .
Hope this helps -If you find another solution let me know because i plan another purchase this spring .
Good luck
Wayne
Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM

to wayne rose

does your z4M roadster has the display indicating KILOMETERS DRIVEN or MILES ?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne rose View Post
I have imported 3 BMW's from the US-the first 2 there was no problem with the recall letter but last summer when i purchased a 06 M roadster I could not get a recall letter for the US dealer because the dealer was instructed not to issue them any more -I suspect because of BMW Canada influence . I could not even get my friend who is a service manager with BMW to help because they have to fax a copy of the invoice where they charge the $500.00 fee to BMW Canada in order to have the recall letter sent .
Hope this helps -If you find another solution let me know because i plan another purchase this spring .
Good luck
Your sig says you have the Z4M. How did you complete the import without the letter?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Mein Auto: Shopping
I know this is off topic but i am looking for some help

Good advice. I am currently looking a purchasing a 2007 335i or a 2004 645i, any advice on which one would be the better ride (i know alot of it comes down to personal choice). The price will be similar.

Also, do you know if they need any special mods to be accepted in Canada except for the typical DRL?

Is anyone out there selling one of the 2 cars i previously mentioned?

Thanks

Skarbs
Old 01-21-2010, 04:06 AM

Mein Auto: 92 325i convertable
If you have to change the cluster over because it is digital speak to Charlie at Bimmersport 905-670-9200 he will give you a straight answer on the cost. If you need a cluster check the internet, there are tones of sites with used parts for a fraction of the cost. I picked up a complete cluster for my 86 for $50.00. and a clock for my 2000z3m for $50.00 the dealer wanted $625.00 for a new one.