Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: Merc GL 320 CDI, 911
What I found re; Pricing for 2010 and 2011 750i xDrive

I asked a question about what I could expect in terms of price on an ordered car in an earlier thread. Well, I didn't hear anything and did some investigating on my own. So that there is full disclosure, I am a pretty lame negotiator and car buyer. I am not sure if the pricing information I got is of interest to others, but I thought I would add what I found out to the forum since I haven't seen much pricing information since the beginning of 2010.

I will be taking European delivery.

The first thing I found is that if I order a car it will be a 2011. They will begin 2011 production in March. None of the dealers I communicated with had the new pricing.

The two best offers I got were for $1,000 over invoice on a U.S. car built to order(The dealer didn't address my question about European Delivery), and 3 percent over invoice for either U.S. or European delivered cars. That would end up at around $2,600 over invoice. Three dealers were excellent to work with. One is in Lexington KY, one is in Louisville Ky and the third is here in Cincinnati.

On the other side I got a lot of misinformation that appears to have been given just to cloud the issue and drive up the price. People gave me invoice prices that were fictional among other things. I got offers over $6,000 higher than the best offers I got for both U.S. and European delivery. The worst was the other dealer here in Cincinnati. They claim to be the biggest in our region. It was once a pretty good, if expensive, dealership. Now they are just expensive. The funniest thing was when they wanted to keep approximately 2/3rds of the savings associated with European Delivery.

I only contacted about 6 dealers, and told them exactly what I wanted which is a 750i xDrive with an MSRP of $102,755. I said I didn't want to negotiate, and if they wanted to submit a proposal I would either take it or leave it.

The bottom line is that by doing a little homework, and taking European delivery I should reduce the amount I spend on the car by $9-10 thousand dollars.
Advertisement