Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > California

California

Old 05-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Hefeweizen Meister

Mein Auto: 328i e92
Bay Area: Muffler Shop Needed!

Hi all,

I'm having the hardest time looking for a muffler shop willing to do a mod for me.

I have an e92 328i. Some folks at another forum have found a mod that makes the current exhaust sound like a Performance Exhaust from BMW (the one they sell for 1k or so). The mod is to open the muffler box, replace the perforated pipe with a non-perforated one and close up. So it really would be an hour or two of welding. That's all I need and all the places I've been to, refuse to do it, they say is too hard.

Any recommendations for a place in the bay area that would be willing to do this?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i, Fiat 500e
The only place I've seen do that type of mod is Minute Muffler in Dublin. They do that mod for the E9x M3 cars.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E45 map, Feul_it Stg2 LPFP, Performance Gearing LSD.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Hefeweizen Meister

Mein Auto: 328i e92
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaazaa View Post
The only place I've seen do that type of mod is Minute Muffler in Dublin. They do that mod for the E9x M3 cars.
Dude!!! Where can I drop off a six pack for ya!!!?

Thank you soo much, I read the yelp reviews and this place looks great. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning. A bit of a drive, but well worth it!!