Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 08' M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkleyBMW View Post

That's a classic scene.
"I hope you're not busy for about a month."
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 02 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
If you had to sell your M5, start pawning his **** when he's not around. Put it all on eBay or Craigslist to help pay the bills.
He has absolutely nothing of value. No job, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Option #6: Leave him alone
Yeah, great idea, why the heck didn't I think of that before?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jever View Post
Empty threats are useless.

You want something drastic? Talk to your mom. Let him get stoned. Meet up with the local USMC recruiter. Ask him to meet you guys at a park. Once your bro is high enough get him to sign the contract. Waking up at MCRD will open his eyes.
The empty threats have come from my mom, I've been pushing for something harsh, but like I said, no spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love View Post
Sounds like you made up your mind, beat the crap out of him. I school my bro all the time
Thing is, he never catches on. He'll go down, let him up, then he'll get right back in your face, put him down, repeat... His brain is roughly the size of a pea.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Yeah, great idea, why the heck didn't I think of that before?!?!?!?!
Because you're interested in punishing him?!?!?!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
I think you put the answer right in-front of yourself; money is tight and he doesn't care. You are sacraficing nearly everything you have to help feed his addiction and keep a roof over your head. You even say its a waste of a life!

Call the police and have them scare him. Easy way out is they cofiscate it and call it a day. Something a little tougher is have him sent to a state Teen Court program where he'll get community service. The worst it could go is a Jail sentence of a month. Wether he's in Jail or he gets community service, you are going to be helping him. If you let him continue smoking and thinking being the biggest pothead in the school is the best thing, he'll just keep on digging himself a deeper hole.

By the way, don't lay a finger on him, beating him up isn't going to do anything. It'll just make him hate you more.
I'm familiar with the criminal proceedings, and around here the cops have an unwritten rule to only give fines for possesion of marijuana, unless they think he's selling it. If he gets a fine who pays it? Mom.
At this point I couldnt care less if he hates me, we all put up with him being the spoiled brat for years now, it's about time he grows the fvck up.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM
meroglot

Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Mastermind a heinous crime and frame him for it.
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Kids in high school hate being humiliated in front of their peers. Make an anonymous call that he's dealing out of his locker, or wait until he's passed out and shave his head.
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Because you're interested in punishing him?!?!?!
I'm interested in getting this action to STOP. Not cut back, stop until he can pay for it himself. Drugs aren't getting any cheaper, while the price of everything else increases. We shouldn't be worried about paying for heat while someone leeches off of others.
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
How about if moms doesn't stand up then you force your hand. I'm assuming you're over 18. He's underage living at your moms place, which is perfectly normal.

Tell her that unless she puts her foot down, gets this kid in order or kicks him out that you're not paying her a penny. If she's just going to give it to him then tell her to man up. It's her house not yours, right?

Your brother is her problem. Have an intervention with your mom. Be straight up with her. If you want thigns stopped and you don't want your money to go to his habit then tell her that and don't pay her a cent. If it takes her getting into a tight financial jam then so be it.

I would recommend having the money for her but in your pocket that way when she caves and does what's right you can step in, if you so choose, and pay off the bills or whatever is owed.

The bro gets a lesson, moms gets a lesson and you learn a lesson and if things work you're still there to be able to help your mom out after she quits giving your brother all of the ends that you pay her.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
No more M

Mein Auto: C6 GS
Sounds like you need to put him on 23hr lockdown

Seriously, my parents have the same problem with my brother. We are 15 years apart, and he's just a spoiled brat. Got to the point where my parents took him to a psychiatrist and that guy just blasted my parents for being so irresponsible. Since then, they've slowly cracked down and he's come back to reality now.

Good luck with your bro.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Raoul Duke

Quote:
I'm interested in getting this action to STOP. Not cut back, stop until he can pay for it himself. Drugs aren't getting any cheaper, while the price of everything else increases. We shouldn't be worried about paying for heat while someone leeches off of others.
Shouldn't this be your mother's concern? Who is the parent in the household?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Kids in high school hate being humiliated in front of their peers. Make an anonymous call that he's dealing out of his locker, or wait until he's passed out and shave his head.
He's beyond that point, he likes being the pot head...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
He has absolutely nothing of value. No job, nothing.
Neither did I when I when I was 17. All I had was movie star looks and a 25cm *****.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Quote:
How about if moms doesn't stand up then you force your hand. I'm assuming you're over 18. He's underage living at your moms place, which is perfectly normal.

Tell her that unless she puts her foot down, gets this kid in order or kicks him out that you're not paying her a penny. If she's just going to give it to him then tell her to man up. It's her house not yours, right?

Your brother is her problem. Have an intervention with your mom. Be straight up with her. If you want thigns stopped and you don't want your money to go to his habit then tell her that and don't pay her a cent. If it takes her getting into a tight financial jam then so be it.

I would recommend having the money for her but in your pocket that way when she caves and does what's right you can step in, if you so choose, and pay off the bills or whatever is owed.

The bro gets a lesson, moms gets a lesson and you learn a lesson and if things work you're still there to be able to help your mom out after she quits giving your brother all of the ends that you pay her.
Best *real* advice so far - Mom should be the responsible party here unless she's physically or mentally unable.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Raoul Duke

Quote:
Best *real* advice so far - Mom should be the responsible party here unless she's physically or mentally unable.
Bingo!

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=35
Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 PM
No more M

Quote:
As an older brother i think he has to take responsibility as well...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Quote:
As an older brother i think he has to take responsibility as well...
And part of that is not enabling his mother to enable his younger brother.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:

I like the advice, but thing is, when someone needs help I'm gonna help if I can. She's my mom, and I'm not going to leave her to fight this out by herself. It's just gonna take a while I think, so I've gotta get the process moving...

Quote:
It should be her concern, but seeing as how she's not sure what to do about it I've taken the other parental role here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3 View Post
Neither did I when I when I was 17. All I had was movie star looks and a 25cm *****.

Quote:
I can kind of understand where she's coming from, but on the other hand she's gotta get her head out of her ass and DO something about it, not just talk about it. She's got a full plate, I've got a full plate, and the problems keep piling up.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Bring him here, we'll scare him straight.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Raoul Duke

Quote:
I can kind of understand where she's coming from, but on the other hand she's gotta get her head out of her ass and DO something about it, not just talk about it. She's got a full plate, I've got a full plate, and the problems keep piling up.
This is a very telling comment. It seems the problem you're having is with your mother, not your brother.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
It's not easy to tell someone that raised you, did their best to provide for you, and has earned your respect that they can't handle a situation worth a damn, and they should follow my instructions.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM
No more M

Quote:
Agreed that mom is the root of the problem, but i find it awkward (maybe inappropriate) to be teaching one's mom a lesson. I would argue with them, but never try to force them. Might be a cultural thing here.

EDIT: Bah, beaten to it. Agreed with Ryan.
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
This is a very telling comment. It seems the problem you're having is with your mother, not your brother.
They've both got problems, if my brother had half the decency myself or my other brother had he would realize that he's biting the hand that fed him, literally. As I said previously, she's got enough worries for 10 people, her son shouldn't be on that list.
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
agreed that mom is the root of the problem, but i find it awkward (maybe inappropriate) to be teaching one's mom a lesson. I would argue with them, but never try to force them. Might be a cultural thing here.

Edit: Bah, beaten to it. Agreed with ryan.
+10000000000000005
Old 01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Number 12 of 5 or 6

Mein Auto: Non-green vehicles
Has he seen anything funny yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enamoured View Post
This thread just got mmmerted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Hey, hey, if it weren't for MMMM_ERT Off Topic would totally suck.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Please, call me Brian.

dang it mmmert!! I'm willing to bet you posted here just so I saw that damn pic!!!!!!!!!