Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
BimmerJunkie

Mein Auto: 1998 Alpine White 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roundel View Post
I would recommend confiscating said materials and sending them in for analysis. I'll PM my address for analysis. Please wait 6 to 8 weeks for results..or longer if I forget..
You forgot to mention that the sender needs to include bags of chips, hot wings, and pizza...lots and lots of pizza

Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by E39Freak View Post
You forgot to mention that the sender needs to include bags of chips, hot wings, and pizza...lots and lots of pizza
and Funyons, and water

Old 01-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Underachiever

Mein Auto: 328,Z3, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E39Freak View Post
Old 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 x3
Wow, how hard was it for you to sell your m5? I would totally understand how that would make your blood boil. You've got to get your mom to cut off his income supply somehow. If you do ultimately get the cops involved I think it would be best to do it in the form of an anonymous tip or something. Best of luck to you and I hear cricket bats straighten out kids real fast these days...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyote View Post
So, why are your mom and brother living in a place they can't afford without your assistance? Either he gets a job to pay his share, or move them into a home they can afford to live in. If your mom isn't aware of what your brother's doing, who's going to let her know? it's only going to get worse if she doesn't?
Its the same house I grew up in and it's paid off. She's been looking for a smaller house for a while now but money has grown very, very tight since she lost her job (smaller town, the two biggest companies left for Mexico). And yes, she's been looking for a job, and has been taking any little job she can get until she finds something better.
She knows he's spending money on it, not all the money he gets, but a large portion.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosskey711 View Post
Wow, how hard was it for you to sell your m5? I would totally understand how that would make your blood boil. You've got to get your mom to cut off his income supply somehow. If you do ultimately get the cops involved I think it would be best to do it in the form of an anonymous tip or something. Best of luck to you and I hear cricket bats straighten out kids real fast these days...
It might sound lame to others on here, but I imagine it'll be many years before I get over it. I literally had my sights set on that car for over 6 years, and worked my @ss off to be able to afford that, school, rent, life in general, and now it's gone. Yeah it's only a car, but it was MY car.
But honestly, if it was just my mom falling on hard times and needed financial help, I'd have no problem selling it to help out. But knowing money is being wasted by other family members that have sacrificed nothing is what really gets me angry.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Underachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
It might sound lame to others on here, but I imagine it'll be many years before I get over it. I literally had my sights set on that car for over 6 years, and worked my @ss off to be able to afford that, school, rent, life in general, and now it's gone. Yeah it's only a car, but it was MY car.
But honestly, if it was just my mom falling on hard times and needed financial help, I'd have no problem selling it to help out. But knowing money is being wasted by other family members that have sacrificed nothing is what really gets me angry.
You could supplement your income selling pot...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Quote:
You could supplement your income selling pot...
That's an awesome idea. There is a built in client base with the younger brothers friends and obviously, brother was smoking downstairs, there is a basement that can be converted in to a grow room
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Underachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
That's an awesome idea. There is a built in client base with the younger brothers friends and obviously, brother was smoking downstairs, there is a basement that can be converted in to a grow room
Perfect. High Times mag has all the tips for growing. Ryans money problems are solved.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Please, call me Brian.

That would be great for my resume lol
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Quote:
Perfect. High Times mag has all the tips for growing. Ryans money problems are solved.
Mom can run the books, Ryan can run security, and suddenly little brother has brought the family closer together. You're a genius, if you moved to Austin you could make a fortune cause I heard there is a therapist there full of really bad advice
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Mein Auto: **** you
steal it and tell him the dog ate it

sell it and git yer mom's money back
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Mr.Evil...E30

Mein Auto: 87 E30
go and join him dude.....pass,pass..........puff dude........it's all good dude........hype is good for you dude...heheheheeeee....OMG I need some right now dude....thanks........
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 PM
LOOCH CREW

Send a message via AIM to Alvizzo913 Send a message via MSN to Alvizzo913
Mein Auto: Sector 9
I get what you're saying with money being tight but he's 17. When I was 17 I didn't understand that and smoked my lungs dry. Why not be a good older brother and talk to him so his eyes open up to the situation at hand (no pun intended) so he can appreciate and understand it. Smoking weed really isn't a huge deal but if it's something else that's a bigger issue, address that and move on. No need to be an ass as an older brother about something seemingly pretty innocent to him.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Thought I'd bump this for the hell of it. Damn was I pissed when I wrote this

Here's a pic of us now; pot smoker is on the right. He's a freak, a bit over 6'4 and he can probably run further and faster than me now. He stopped smoking pot and drinking after his best friend snapped his neck and died in a drunk driving adventure. Turned **** around, joined the army, got his ass kicked a couple times, and is actually enjoyable to be around now that he grew the fvck up

*** Before his friend died, they took my old 318is out for a joyride and did this. Alcohol was involved.

Last edited by Ryan...; 01-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 328is, 2001 750is
My old roommate ended up in a wheelchair after a crazy night of boozing and wheeling. Now he's one of the best guys I've ever met.

Interesting how things happen for good, you know? Glad to see things are better.

I still would have gone with #2!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachiepie View Post
My old roommate ended up in a wheelchair after a crazy night of boozing and wheeling. Now he's one of the best guys I've ever met.

Interesting how things happen for good, you know? Glad to see things are better.

I still would have gone with #2!

I'm glad it's turned out well so far, I hope this keeps him on a better path

I did use #2, and my brother on the left of the pic was a damn good wrestler in high school (56-1 record), so whenever he stepped out of line we tried to get his ego back in place. Honestly, being physically bigger than other people really got to his head, kid thought he was invincible especially when drinking or high.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
I wasn't around when the OP was penned. Glad it turned out well. I did think the vitriol expressed on page one was a bit much. Pot is not that bad of a thing. He needed a life implant more than he needed an ass-whooping.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Please, call me Brian.

It really wasn't the pot so much as the fact that it was costing money that was essentially mine :/

And he didn't really need an ass-whooping, but he sure as hell got a few anyways
That's what older brothers are for
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
As the oldest of my 5 siblings I must speak.

It is your job to lead by example and support your mom. Not try to pull rank on the younger ones and play dad. Yea, it's tough to keep your hands off a younger weaker smaller yet mouthy little sh1t, but honor and willpower are what you learn in martial arts, not being a bully. Sucks about the car but ya know you can buy or fix a car, you can't replace your brother.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISS View Post

It is your job to lead by example and support your mom. Not try to pull rank on the younger ones and play dad. Yea, it's tough to keep your hands off a younger weaker smaller yet mouthy little sh1t, but honor and willpower are what you learn in martial arts, not being a bully. Sucks about the car but ya know you can buy or fix a car, you can't replace your brother.
You must be tired or drunk (or both) cause this sh1t is old!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadi View Post
You must be tired or drunk (or both) cause this sh1t is old!
Woke up at 0430 and can't go back to sleep. PS3 YOL'd on us right before xmas so I am up surfing and listening to modern marvels on the big H.

I bet some herbal goodness would compliment this hazelnut java quite nicely.

And I have been a board member here since I was 23 so I remember these old threads.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Thought I'd bump this for the hell of it.
Just friend her on facebook already....
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISS View Post

To be honest, he's not smaller or weaker, and I certainly dont believe he sees me as a bully lol

He just left yesterday again to go back, heading into Airborne School, so I'm pretty pumped for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Just friend her on facebook already....
Not exactly what that has to do with me posting a picture of my brother before going back to the Army, considering a few members brought this thread up to me in other posts. Thought it'd be cool to show that he isn't such a tool bag after all this time.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
It really wasn't the pot so much as the fact that it was costing money that was essentially mine :/

And he didn't really need an ass-whooping, but he sure as hell got a few anyways
That's what older brothers are for
Good point. I was the oldest with 4 younger sisters, so my experience with knocking heads with a younger, or older, brother is non-existant.

Last edited by cmac2012; 01-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.