Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Exclamation BMW Dealer OEM Wiper Refills For E92 Wrong!?!

I went to my dealer the other day to pick up some new wiper blades for my 2008 (April production) E92 335i. The SA asked me if I wanted a service tech to install them but I was in a hurry and asked if I could do it myself and just take the new blades with me. He was totally cool with that and did the paper work and got me the wiper blades. He also gave me new caps for the ends of the wiper arms which he said were to accomodate the "new style" blade BMW was now using - it has a squared off openning instead of the openning that contours to the airfoil atop the blade (pictures for comparison below).

Old style:

New style:

Well, when I went to install them I noticed right away that the passenger side seemed way too long. I thought I must have put it on backwards so I flipped it around and it made no difference - the mount point was perfectly in the center of the blade so it could not make a difference!

So I removed the new blade and took a pictured of the two side by side with the original blade - old (top) and new (bottom) - aligned to one another at the mounting pin hole - its not hard to see the difference...

I then did some research at Real OEM and found the following information:
No. Description Qty Part Number Price

01 WIPER BLADE DRIVER SIDE 600MM 1 61617156483 $35.88
02 WIPER BLADE CO-DRIVERS SIDE 449MM 1 61617170570 $24.78

600MM = 23.622" Coupe, Convertible & Sedan
449MM = 17.677" Coupe and Convertible
475MM = 18.701" Sedan
My OEM factory installed blades measured out like this:

Drivers = 23 7/8" or 23.875"
Passenger = 17 5/8" or 17.625
"

The BMW dealer provided blades measured out like this:

Drivers = 24"
Passenger = 18 1/4" or 18.250"

I figured the parts guy just made a mistake and gave me a sedan wiper for the passenger side so I took the blades back. The SA and the parts guy said that what I was given was correct! They even showed me a Sedan passenger side blade and it was longer than what they had given me for the coupe as would have been expected.

I asked them if they were sure? The two parts guys double checked and according to them, the parts I had were right per BMW. The parts guys even went out to the showroom floor and fit one of the new blades to a E92 on the floor and it fit incorrectly! I asked them what to do and they were not sure and said I was the first to have ever noted/complained about this and they have been fitting these new style blades to coupes for a couple of months now. Other than that - they did not offer any other thoughts or take any other actions. They also noted that all dealers would be using the same parts if they had used up their stocks of the original blade style so going to a different dealer would not help me. They were very nice but in this case a little bit useless beyond agreeing things did not look right

Has anyone else run into this issue or seen these "new style blades" fit correctly?

Is BMW sending their dealers bad stock?

My dealer said there was nothing they could do in this particular case since they were providing exactly what BMW had specified
Ads by Google
Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
Is it possible to flip the wiper 180 degrees? In the last picture it looks like the blade is longer on one side/segment only.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Sapphire/coral 335i Cp
That looks familiar. Tech at BMW installed the wrong size wiper blades on mine. took it back and they gave me the right ones.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmr View Post
Is it possible to flip the wiper 180 degrees? In the last picture it looks like the blade is longer on one side/segment only.
Flipping the blade only changes things by a 1/16 to 1/8 inch at most - not enought to get it off the molding unfortunately.

My dealer says this is all they have in replacement blades now and I even had them pull out some more from stock and they were the same. I then suggested they gave me a sedan wiper blade as those are longer than those on the coupe for the passenger side and sure enough - it was even longer than those they were saying were for the coupe as would have been expected. So, supposedly, what they were showing me was the shortest size they had as specified for the E92 by BMW
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
That looks familiar. Tech at BMW installed the wrong size wiper blades on mine. took it back and they gave me the right ones.
Any chance one of these wrong sized blades you had installed was the "new style" as noted in my pictures (longer wrong size one being the "new style")?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 328I Coupe & 07 750I
Wiper blades

I just had the wiper blades replaced on my 07 328I coupe the blades are a little different from original, I questioned this and was told there was an up grade, I was not happy the passenger blade end rested on the windshield rubber, but they work well, we just came out of a week straight of rain, and I drove in it and the replacement up graded blades worked quite well, mo issues I understand what you are saying and how you would feel, I also felt the same but was assured if any problem occurred because of the replacement up graded part BMW would take care of it, just today I washed and waxed my car and I was looking at that passenger blade tip on the rubber of the wind shield, and just said leave it to the Germans, what can we do LOL....
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93
Extremely late

Hey guys....i am a little late on this post but I just bought a 2009 335i convertible last year and now its time for me to change my blades.
I am experiencing the same issue...passenger side blade is too long (NOT OEM). but every where its the exact same size specified as BMW.

so my question....do I just continue using the long blades or you guys found a better solution?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to thatguyn8 Send a message via Yahoo to thatguyn8
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Valeo Ultimate is the old style wiper blade

Driver's side E9x all: 900-24-10B
Pass side E90/91: 900-19-10B
Pass side E92/93: 900-18-10B

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...D-%28w-pics%29