Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34 540i
E34 540i Slow Off the Line and Unburnt Fuel

The Foreground : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...844&highlight=
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

My Basic Repair History (Edited 1/27/2015)

Ongoing comparison between two E34 540ia's

OBC4 Hidden Functions : Link

Last edited by TheEinstein; 04-11-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Re-title Appropriately
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Resident e34 Racer

Mein Auto: 1995 540i SPORT /6 spd
Your needed info...

This is the thread I have been looking for. I have an E34 540i, and I am convinced there is an issue.

First things first:
Parts replaced (and yes some of these are unrelated, but potentially relevant):
New Fuel Filters - 10,000 miles ago
New Fuel Pump - " "
New Fuel Pump Relay - " "
New Fuel Regulator - " "
New Bosch Plat +4 Plugs - 1000 miles ago
New Spark Coil Boots - " "
New Air Filter - roughly 2000 miles ago

I use only premium fuel, if anyone's curious.

Here's where I get confused:
Last 5 Fuel Fill-up MPG Calc : 14.2, 16.5, 15.0, 14.6, 15.2

For more mileage info: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/theeinstein/540i

Looking at the completely graphed fill-ups, I see a gradual drop in MPG. The best I have been able to get any time recently has been maybe 17mpg, and that's if I spend most of that tank on a highway nonstop. As for driving conditions for these, I would say 50/50 highway & stop/go. About a 30 minute commute both ways everyday. Obviously winter months, so probably some small amount forgiven for warm-ups. I am an avid ~2 minute warm up driver.

Here's what is really bugging me though, I am convinced that my car is not shifting properly. I would say most of the time, it seems (in Auto-Drive mode) the car starts from a stop possibly in second gear. Very sluggish. If I put it in Auto-4, it is much better, but seems to over-rev quite a bit. So I typically then put it in Auto-Drive when I get to say 35-40 MPH. At which point it usually then shifts 2 more gears up from where it was.

Recently put a bottle of Lucas Pro Fuel Cleaner through it, and at the same time put in an Ebay purchased, used, TCM just to see what happened. My imagination seemed to think it was doing slightly better with power, but the 16.5mpg speaks for itself.

I'm considering new injectors, as I even had someone confirm to me that the car is not burning all of the fuel efficiently. There is a noxious smell even at idle. Also new O2 sensors and Catalytic Convertors.

PLEASE HELP!!! Ask me anything about it.
Bone stock 95' 540i/6 Blk/blk w/ ram style C.A.I / JBR LWFW/ DUDMD tune/ straight pipe /545 SSK /3.15 LSD / Rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs/Eibach sway bars/ VAC under drive pulleys/weight reduction /sparco 368, Recaro seats, sparco harnesses, NX wet kit, M/T E/T streets.

"Skill can only get you so far, then comes money!"
R . I . P Paul Walker - 1973 - 2013
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Nothin like an E34

Mein Auto: 95 540i B/B
Have you checked for codes via stomp test? Even if the check engine light is off you may have codes.
When was the last time the O2 sensors were replaced?

The Auto-D is Adaptive so it has molded around previous driving, so if you or the PO started real slow the car has modeled after that for the best MPG.
Auto-4 is sport mode, it is supposed to over-rev.

Have you ever started in M? The switch next to the shifter, when in D slide it to M, then go, it is soooooooooooooo slow, like seriously. It starts in 2nd i believe, then shifts to 4th.
When in Auto-D, floor it from a stop, what RPM do you hit? It should get around 4k, before it shifts. I find first sluggish, but once it gets past 2k it is on top of it(as much as an auto can be).

Did you read previous posts on the other thread?
Do you get the put-put when flooring it from a stop?

Gotta love an E34!!
If you want to get junkyard parts remember one thing, if it was wrecked you know it was running/driving. You may not know how well, but it was.

READ THE STICKIES AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!!

STOMP TEST

READ ME IM THE BIBLE

FAN CLUTCH

LOCKS

ANGEL EYES

Audio

E28 v. E30 v. E34
Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34ZombieHunter View Post
Have you checked for codes via stomp test? Even if the check engine light is off you may have codes.
When was the last time the O2 sensors were replaced?
The Auto-D is Adaptive so it has molded around previous driving, so if you or the PO started real slow the car has modeled after that for the best MPG.
Auto-4 is sport mode, it is supposed to over-rev.
Have you ever started in M? The switch next to the shifter, when in D slide it to M, then go, it is soooooooooooooo slow, like seriously. It starts in 2nd i believe, then shifts to 4th.
When in Auto-D, floor it from a stop, what RPM do you hit? It should get around 4k, before it shifts. I find first sluggish, but once it gets past 2k it is on top of it(as much as an auto can be).

Start a new thread and we can post there, ill transfer this post once it has been started.
As for codes: BMW Carsoft 1.1 with serial port adapter to Win XP SP2 Compaq Presario 2100

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by M540FELLA View Post
Sounds like your staying in s4. The mpg is right on par with mine if I drive in s4. STAY OUT OF S4 and don't use the kickdown in D.
I pretty much have to use S4 for stop and go driving, or at least for a little bit, before the car will seemingly ever use 1st gear. It does seem, once warm, to be less of an issue. Wondering if fluid may be low, damn no dipsticks!! In fact, this morning on my way to work, thinking of this thread, I decided to experiment with the using M-mode. When in 2, it does not downshift further (normal?). Shifting up, 3rd grabs hard, 4th not as, then moving to drive it goes two gears up. When in A-2/3/4 car seems appropriate, but then to D it moves through 2 gears up. Notice in the code pictures I have cleared the Adaptive Memory of the EGS. Most importantly to the trans issue, on the error read for the EGS

Screenshot_2014-03-20-09-00-57.png

- "Verify cables and cable connections on the EGS Control Unit. Pin 86 : +12v, Pin 85 : 0v, and Pin 84 : Pulse 0v/+12v. Probably should the EGS Control Unit defective."

More info on that topic this weekend. I will be scanning EGS again, and then put my original EGS back in for a week to test the following weekend. Again, this weekend I will know if that fault has came back. Also note, this is the first scan in more than 6 years. Note: in that time frame the transmission was swapped (several years ago) for a rebuilt as well as the EGS having been swapped with a used Ebay purchased one a few weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imae34driver View Post
Your M sports an auto? Huh...

The FPR being bad or the vac line to it can cuase bad atomization patterns, dribbles ect... It is possible the injectors kinda stuck open a bit cuasing a rich scenerio...

Id reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery to make it relearn..
Yeah, makes me long for a manual these days. But don't miss my ole Stage 2 Roush Mustang for it's manual. Hard to eat a sammich and drive a stick eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M540FELLA View Post
1 of 65 automatics to be specific lol. Still out runs manual m3's. I've heard that the auto msports have different trans software.
No sheeat?! I remember the guy I purchased from (on Ebay out of Texas, originally Las Vegas), mentioned it being kinda rare, but that is really rare if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Not looking to knock it... Its rare as hell...

But my 540/6 destroyed lighty to mildly modded US e36 M3's at any speed fron the moment i got it!!!! So it better lol!
I took out some lil wanna be's back when she was fresh to me. Chewed up a few Camaros, Mustangs and zipper head tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Graybeard View Post
Einstein, how does your car move out if you put your foot in it with the trans in drive? Slower than you'd like? How does the exhaust sound when you do that -- is there a "putt-putt' character to it?

I'm just wondering if you have a partially blocked catalytic converter.
I have floored it from a stop light, and been passed by bicycles. Ok might be exaggerating, but not much. It is definitely as if it is in 2nd or even 3rd gear with how it acts unless controlled manually. That's when warm, on the road hour or more, for the record. Which is what discredits my ideas of low fluid.

As for the exhaust, or the engine note; there is definitely a harmonic, almost stumble sound in the acceleration. As if all cylinders are firing within a second, lets say, and 1 or 2 of them are off timing.

Well hopefully it was a good read. It took me most of the morning to write, darn work interruptions.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Last edited by TheEinstein; 03-20-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Carsoft Scanning

For Reference: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing

On a side note, in case someone has a short answer; I have an error for the HKL (Air Conditioning System as I understand). Not sure about it, the clutch did go bad so I replaced the entire compressor. Not sure if the fault has to do with that, but in any case I cannot clear the fault. There isn't even a diagnose HKL in Carsoft let alone an erase function? Any suggestions for that would also be very welcome.

Looking back, am I correct that the TCM = EGS?

Lastly, is that an appropriate list of responding modules, or is my scanner not working completely and correctly?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Last edited by TheEinstein; 03-20-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM

Hate to say it..

But I have verified that it has the Nikasil block in it...

I have done wet and dry compression tests, and will post those values hopefully tonight. If memory serves, and recognize Harbor Freight accuracy, my most forward cylinders were 120 lbs, around 110 directly behind, 100 for the next, and about 110-120 closest to firewall. Obviously not good, so I ran some Engine Restore in it. That made it a much smoother running engine, especially once warm. Note, it wasn't shaking on idle to bad, as I understand that's inherent to the block issue. I figured if it's bound to get even worse, and a little time running good could be had until I get a different daily driver, so be it. That will be the day a teardown thread of my engine is started.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Last edited by TheEinstein; 03-20-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Resident e34 Racer

1-500$ gets a new motor...

And the odds of that 2x is 1 in a million plus you can check first!
To rebuild the old one will require resleeving to solve the issue...

Id just drop in a new unit! IMO
Bone stock 95' 540i/6 Blk/blk w/ ram style C.A.I / JBR LWFW/ DUDMD tune/ straight pipe /545 SSK /3.15 LSD / Rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs/Eibach sway bars/ VAC under drive pulleys/weight reduction /sparco 368, Recaro seats, sparco harnesses, NX wet kit, M/T E/T streets.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:34 PM

Agreed, was typing without thinking. I do recognize that the engine is more expensive to rebuild than swap, provided availability. Didn't catch what you meant by 2x?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Resident e34 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEinstein View Post
Agreed, was typing without thinking. I do recognize that the engine is more expensive to rebuild than swap, provided availability. Didn't catch what you meant by 2x?
2x = having it happen again..

Ive bought 3 m60's without history and with what most call high milage and never had any issue from any of them!

They are the most reliable motor(s) I've ever had in 11 cars/trucks

200k + miles and i can NOT kill one with nitrous... So to kill one from just driving... How the F...?

Last edited by imae34driver; 03-20-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:57 PM

Haha, how the F indeed. How about those compression numbers? How much significance to my issues would you give them? Agreed with the 2x, do you find short blocks or have you found long blocks for that $?

I'm just confused, I want to believe my acceleration and unburnt fuel issues are related. I would like to believe that I don't have a transmission issue, and that I am simply suffering from a lack of power when the car believes it is in the right gear for the current speed. Not sure if it even works that way, but in so many ways it is suggested that this car is highly driver habit adaptive. I should say if that is the case, wtf. I am what one could consider a "Spirited Driver." You will not be on a freeway, or dealing with heavy traffic and say to yourself "wtf are you doing with a performance car driving miss daisy." Nope, not gonna happen, I'm bob'n and weav'n.

The RPM was asked about before. When I'm in A-S4, the power really seems to be there about 5 minutes into my morning drive. Honestly can't knock it to much, but that early morning start... It's a whole other story. And I know there has to be something to say about the fact that, when in A-D, it does not ever seem to want to use 1st, and it is always reaching for the higher gears.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Last edited by TheEinstein; 03-20-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: '95 540i, '87 325ic
Koala Motorsport has a pretty good writeup on diagnosing Nikasil cylinder pitting, and recommends a leakdown test. Here's a link: http://www.koalamotorsport.com/tech/article-m60v8.asp
Old 03-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Nothin like an E34

Quote:

The RPM was asked about before. When I'm in A-S4, the power really seems to be there about 5 minutes into my morning drive. Honestly can't knock it to much, but that early morning start... It's a whole other story. And I know there has to be something to say about the fact that, when in A-D, it does not ever seem to want to use 1st, and it is always reaching for the higher gears.
That sounds like it is stuck in M. M uses 2nd 4th and 5th.

I wonder if low compression could be the power loss you see, but then again you have power in S.

Gotta love an E34!!
If you want to get junkyard parts remember one thing, if it was wrecked you know it was running/driving. You may not know how well, but it was.

STOMP TEST

READ ME IM THE BIBLE

FAN CLUTCH

LOCKS

ANGEL EYES

Audio

E28 v. E30 v. E34
Old 03-20-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Graybeard View Post
Koala Motorsport has a pretty good writeup on diagnosing Nikasil cylinder pitting, and recommends a leakdown test. Here's a link: http://www.koalamotorsport.com/tech/article-m60v8.asp
Yeah, I will review that page and will need to acquire a leakdown tester. I did get one originally from Harbor Freight, actually two of them, when I also got a compression tester. I don't know if I wasn't experienced enough, I did research and verified procedures, but I either destroyed the gauges or they were trash to begin with. If we say I was doing it correctly, and the readings were accurate, it wasn't good. I simply never was able to verify a reading on a second test. Not to mention, that test seemed to be extremely dependent on a plentiful compressed air supply, which I do not have. The other thing that bugged me was not knowing if I was going to end up with a poor result, or whatever result, based on not so great cylinder walls and rings, or gunked up valves being held open. I was very methodical with verifying T.D.C. (rod in spark plug hole to verify piston position). I just don't think I was using worthwhile equip. In any case, I will test when I get a decent tester.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
That sounds like it is stuck in M. M uses 2nd 4th and 5th.

I wonder if low compression could be the power loss you see, but then again you have power in S.
I have heard that before, here's my issue with that idea.

The dash indicator changes appropriately with the switch. Only saying that because I read elsewhere about that switch, all the liquids that it endures, and how it is the same as the moon roof switch. Apparently they are interchangeable for testing. Haven't tried, but circuits verify, and the only circuit that differs between them is the illumination circuit on that switch. That being said, another thing, live data from Carsoft shows the computer recognizing the change from the switch.

Could it be that the switch, dash and scanner recognize the change, but not the actual control?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Nothin like an E34

They are interchangeable, it would take 5min to switch them and then go test it.
From what i gather you have no codes relevant correct? With that much unburnt fuel, you being able to smell it, you should be throwing a code for oxygen sensor(s).

Gotta love an E34!!

STOMP TEST

READ ME IM THE BIBLE

FAN CLUTCH

LOCKS

ANGEL EYES

Audio

E28 v. E30 v. E34
Old 03-20-2014, 04:03 PM

Regarding Leakdown Testing

The link is much appreciated. Having not really thought about it, that is one of the original articles that I remember reading with regard to the Nikasil/Alusil, dare we call it issue. It is a great bit of information. Unfortunately, it came just to late. I am pretty sure that is why I got the $6000 dollar deal from the Ebay guy for the car. He likely learned of it, just a bit to late. He also mentioned somewhere in there, that it was a garage car. He had other BMWs, and the wife was pressing its sale. Anyhow, just more history.

I will be doing this test once again, though I am not sure when.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Last edited by TheEinstein; 03-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
They are interchangeable, it would take 5min to switch them and then go test it.
From what i gather you have no codes relevant correct? With that much unburnt fuel, you being able to smell it, you should be throwing a code for oxygen sensor(s).
I will plug it back in tonight, and scan it to see if anything is back.

Did you have a chance to review my screenshots for Carsoft? I didn't see any codes regarding them, which is why I wonder if its just pouring fuel in, in a very not atomized fashion. Causing the oxygen to burn completely, but tossing out fuel through the exhaust because it wasn't able to be burnt.

Also any thoughts on the EGS pin issues?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Resident e34 Racer

How the fudge did you get -100? (Negative 100 psi)

0 (zero) should be like a hole in a piston.. So how do you go Negative?

If its positive 100 (more likely lol) then thats not good but not enough to be a big problem..IMO
Better oil may seal it up a bit, try squirting oil in the cylinder if PSI jumps up to spec it means rings are shot usually..

It is possible, bad oil or lack there of may have cuased worn out rings.
Cylinder bore wash may still be an issue sadly as well..

Id keep an eye for an entire spare motor... I've seen 1-500$ for a complete motor/accesories/harness/ecu..

400$ i myself got that w/ 115k (80k after niskil swapped out) &;

Intake
Catylists
Exhuast manifolds
02's
MAF
FW
Starter
....ect ... Ect...

Value for money, m60's are a class of there own..

Some CL fool wants 500$ for a freaking m30 LOL...
So an all aluminum DOHC 32v v8 for the same or less leaves me wondering..

WHY!!!!????

Last edited by imae34driver; 03-20-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM

Sorry about that, missed it. And it's corrected now. I also should have mentioned that those numbers were representative of a dry test. I have wet test numbers and will post them later.
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 07:12 PM

This Evenings Carsoft Info

After a week since the last erase of all faults, except for the Airco. Got adventurous, and guessed to see if that meant HKL - which I knew was air-conditioning. So for all those out there who may not know HKL = Airco. You're welcome.

Thought I would add, maybe my interpreting a lack of power is really about the trans rarely if ever downshifting for acceleration. Does that sound like the A/M switch? Because, the more I drive it in my control, the more it seems to not do so bad. Especially considering if my readings are correct, I'm at halfish compression overall average. (Giver take for the accuracy nuts)

Total Diagnose:

DME / DDE diagnosis - Status: OK
Inst. Cluster dia. - Status: OK
SIM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory !
ABS / ASC diagnosis - Status: OK
BC / MID diagnosis - Status: OK
DWA diagnosis - Status: OK
ZKE / ZVM diagnosis - Status: OK
HKL diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory !
EGS diagnosis - Status: OK
EWS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond
PDC diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CVM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
CAS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
ZGM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !
RLS diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

- Total diagnosis completed !

Single diagnosis AIRBAG - Status: ERROR !

Module info : AIRBAG
Version : Airbag BAE (Driver + Passenger AB )
Part Nr. : 8 352 763 !
Hardware Nr. : 3 !
Software Nr. : 5 !
Diagnose index: 1 !
Release Date : 50/92 !
Supplier : MBB
Code index : 4

airbag4.dxt

17 Belt switch, passenger's side

- Single diagnosis completed !

The AIRBAG error memory is been erased !

- Module erasing completed !

Single diagnosis AIRCO - Status: ERROR !

" Module Info : AIRCO

Version: IHKR - E36 !
Code index : B !
Hardware Nr. : 89 !
Software Nr. : 0

hkl4.dxt:

34 Layering selector wheel

Please check the connection of the white component plug PIN 21 to the layering selector wheel.
There should be a voltage of approx. 5 volt on the layering selector wheel.
If the connection is operative, the component must be replaced.

61 Layering flap motor

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 23, 24, 25 and 26 to the layering flap motor,right.
Also check that there, is a voltage of approx 12 volt at the motor.
If the voltage and the connections are operative, the layering flap motor must be replaced.

25 Temperature selector wheel, left

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 22 to the temperature selector wheel, left.
Also check that there is a voltage of at least 5 Volt.

46 Water valve, right

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 12 to the water valve.
If the connection is operative, the water valve must be replaced.

1 Temperature selector wheel, right

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 21 to the temperature selector wheel, right.
Also check that there is at least approx. 5 volt voltage on the temperature selector wheel.
If you can't find any fault, the component must be replaced.

48 Rear window heater relay

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 20 to the rear window heater relay.
If the connection is operative, the relay must be replaced.

The AIRCO error memory is been erased !

Total Diagnose:
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: OK
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

Module Info : AIRCO

hkl4.dxt:

61 Layering flap motor

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 23, 24,25 and 26 to the layering flap motor,right.
Also check that there, Cis a voltage of approx 12 volt at the motor.
If the voltage and the connections are operative, the layering flap motor must be replaced.

Please check the connection of the white component plug PIN 21 to the layering selector wheel.

Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Does my pic show up?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Resident e34 Racer

Quote:
After a week since the last erase of all faults, except for the Airco. Got adventurous, and guessed to see if that meant HKL - which I knew was air-conditioning. So for all those out there who may not know HKL = Airco. You're welcome.

Thought I would add, maybe my interpreting a lack of power is really about the trans rarely if ever downshifting for acceleration. Does that sound like the A/M switch? Because, the more I drive it in my control, the more it seems to not do so bad. Especially considering if my readings are correct, I'm at halfish compression overall average. (Giver take for the accuracy nuts)

Total Diagnose:

AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: ERROR -> read the error memory !
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond

Single diagnosis AIRBAG - Status: ERROR !

Module info : AIRBAG
Version : Airbag BAE (Driver + Passenger AB )
Part Nr. : 8 352 763 !
Hardware Nr. : 3 !
Software Nr. : 5 !
Diagnose index: 1 !
Release Date : 50/92 !
Supplier : MBB
Code index : 4

airbag4.dxt

17 Belt switch, passenger's side

The AIRBAG error memory is been erased !

" Module Info : AIRCO

hkl4.dxt:

61 Layering flap motor

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 23, 24, 25 and 26 to the layering flap motor,right.
Also check that there, is a voltage of approx 12 volt at the motor.

25 Temperature selector wheel, left

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 22 to the temperature selector wheel, left.
Also check that there is a voltage of at least 5 Volt.

46 Water valve, right

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 12 to the water valve.
If the connection is operative, the water valve must be replaced.

1 Temperature selector wheel, right

Please check the connection of the black component plug PIN 21 to the temperature selector wheel, right.
Also check that there is at least approx. 5 volt voltage on the temperature selector wheel.
If you can't find any fault, the component must be replaced.

48 Rear window heater relay

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 20 to the rear window heater relay.
If the connection is operative, the relay must be replaced.

The AIRCO error memory is been erased !

Total Diagnose:
AIRBAG diagnosis - Status: OK
LCM / CCM diagnosis - Status: Module does not respond !

Module Info : AIRCO

hkl4.dxt:

61 Layering flap motor

Please check the connection of the blue component plug PIN 23, 24,25 and 26 to the layering flap motor,right.
Also check that there, Cis a voltage of approx 12 volt at the motor.

Im thinking its trans related to now... Try a new TCM maybe? Check the kick down switch maybe....

No fail safe mode obviously?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Im thinking its trans related to now... Try a new TCM maybe? Check the kick down switch maybe....

No fail safe mode obviously?
I'm actually running a swapped TCM currently. Where do I find the kick down switch?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly

Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Resident e34 Racer

Quote:
I'm actually running a swapped TCM currently. Where do I find the kick down switch?
Gas peddle comes down on it at wide open throttle

Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Ah, I believe that is functional. Was thinking we were talking about maybe something else for whatever reason. No problem checking that for sure tomorrow AM.

I guess I'm just expecting it to downshift for some reason when under heavy load. You know what I mean? Perfect example: If I'm comming off a stop, and my foot is at the just pre-kickdown switch position, I would expect it to no less go to 1st gear. It can't be in 1st, there is NOOOOOO power. Honestly would expect more get up from strapping... oh I'll give it, one or two 5hp lawnmower engines to it. It's terrible. Does anyone know what those pins that were on the first read might have had to do with? Or is it likely those faults were recorded when swapping the TCU?
Hellrot Red

Fuelly