Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: lexus
X6 options

hi
what options would you say is a must have on the X6?

- Nevada versus Alcantara leather?
- Brushed Aluminum versus Dark Bamboo Wood trim?
- multi contour seats versus sports seats for comfort?
- adaptive driver for an extra 2700? I really liked this on the older 545i.
- Active Steering for $1550?
- space saver spare tire?

What does the smartphone feature add for you?

I don't have use for the NAV but like the backup camera, but based on the poor reviews, I'm thinking of not getting the Technology package.

does the performance upgrade reduce gas mileage?

sorry for all the questions. the options are confusing.

thanks
Jack

Last edited by jacksonlui; 01-31-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
I think Smartphone is a waste of $$, I have it in my 3er and have never used it. It gives you the convenience of on board charging, access to music on your phone, and the external antenna. HOWEVER you have to purchase the phone cradle that costs about the same price... not worth it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
hi
what options would you say is a must have on the X6?

- Nevada versus Alcantara leather?
- Brushed Aluminum versus Dark Bamboo Wood trim?
- multi contour seats versus sports seats for comfort?
- adaptive driver for an extra 2700? I really liked this on the older 545i.
- Active Steering for $1550?
- space saver spare tire?

What does the smartphone feature add for you?

I don't have use for the NAV but like the backup camera, but based on the poor reviews, I'm thinking of not getting the Technology package.

does the performance upgrade reduce gas mileage?

sorry for all the questions. the options are confusing.

thanks
Jack
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 X5 3.0
-The upgrade leather has a very nice hand- purely cosmetic to me and not worth the upgrade.
-We went with Bamboo- thought the Al would be too much metal and contrast. Obviosuly completely personal preference as the designers aren't going to do anything truly hideous.
-Sport seats are great, not sure how much better the multi-contours are though I do like the adjustable side bolsters on them (I think they are adjustable...)
-We went with the adaptive drive because of the road conditions in Michigan. It is an amazing system and I highly recommend it. We did the Sport package to get the adaptive drive and sport seats, and I like the anthracite headliner.
-Active steering was never even given serious consideration. I've never driven a car with it, so what do I know.
- Space saver was another one I considered and didn't do because of the run-flats and my good luck to date with tire problems. It can be done as a retrofit.

We skipped the backup camera for the same reason- I have no need for the rest of the Tech package though the wider screen would be nice. The backup camera is now available as a retrofit, I think, but I am not sure about the surround view- I'm guessing you could buy the cameras and the wiring is probably already in place. I looked under the mirrors and there appears to be a removeable panel for the camer. Uncertain though.
My understanding is that the newer backup camera is better than the original version- better nighttime visibility, etc.

I do wish I had gone for the soft-close door option...

Someone else will have to address the performance upgrade/mileage question.

Best,
Randy
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: lexus
thanks for the reply. that was very helpful.
why the regret on the soft close option?
seems a bit pointless unless you don't want the noise of slamming the door in the mornings.