Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Driving Machine

Mein Auto: '13 F10 550i; '13 R1200GS
M sport package suspension question

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in suspension between the M Sport package and the regular sport package on the 335 coupe? Does it have stiffer shocks/bigger roll bars, etc? Is it lower? Or is it the same as the regular sport package? Thanks!

A link or list of what's included exactly in the M sport package would be great as well.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
conf t

Mein Auto: 2014 328xdT M Sport
Paging Boltjames...

Current: '14 F31 328d xDrive M Sport.
Gone: '09 E90 328i xDrive.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:04 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGray5 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the difference is in suspension between the M Sport package and the regular sport package on the 335 coupe? Does it have stiffer shocks/bigger roll bars, etc? Is it lower? Or is it the same as the regular sport package? Thanks!

A link or list of what's included exactly in the M sport package would be great as well.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:

It's like ZSP + appearance stuff.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BPMSport 91 oct tune/BPMSport feature coding/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/BMW Alcantara wheel/BMWCCA #453468/Rear Fog Switch
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:

The suspension is the same. The differences are:

///M Badging

///M Aero Kit

///M Wheels

Anthracite Headliner

Shadowline Trim

Rear Park Distance Control

You get the Sport Package because it's a BMW must-have. You spend a bit more to get the ///M Sport Package because it adds some fantastic bodykit modifications that toughen the car and some ultra-sexy wheels as well.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-30-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM

BJ

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-30-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Driving Machine

Thanks for the prompt and great info guys! I like the bumpers and the M steering wheel is great too!

Test drove an M3 today as well..*****, that car is sweet! Amazing how different it feels from my 335...the suspension and steering is just phenomenal, although I like the low end torque of the N54 engine...but then again no HPFP and injectors to worry about with the M3.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:26 PM

BJ

Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
It's like ZSP + appearance stuff.
And it includes the PDC

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
And it includes the PDC
Forgot about that one. It's pretty useful, too.

BJ

Old 01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Forgot about that one. It's pretty useful, too.

BJ
I didn't order PDC on my current 335 because it would beep every time I started my car in the garage...it was annoying. Wonder if PDC still does that?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335i
Quote:

BJ
To me, the M Sport package rim choices are kinda bland.
While shopping at my local dealer, I saw those 19 inch (1st pic) on a Space Gray 335i with the M Sport pack and I wasn't really impressed by those wheels. However, I liked the aero kit.
I passed on that and ended up with a Monaco Blue 335i with the regular sport pack because I liked the 18 inch 5 spokes that came with it.
IMO, they look a lot better and they're much easier to clean so I went with that.

I don't care much for all the M dress up stuff. Now if had the money, I would rather get a real M3.

2010 BMW 335i
Monaco Blue Metallic
Premium+Sport Package
Auto/STEPTRONIC

2005 Mustang GT
Redfire Metallic
5-spd
Ford Racing silver Bullitt wheels
Ford Racing Axle-back GTAs
Diablosport Predator
K&N CAI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2046852

1997 Toyota Corolla
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237714

1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster

Last edited by jat335i; 01-30-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 PM

jat335 To me, the M Sport package rim choices are kinda bland. While shopping at my local dealer, I saw those 19 inch (1st pic) on a Space Gray 335i with the M Sport pack and I wasn't really impressed by those wheels. However, I liked the aero kit. I passed on that and ended up with a Monaco Blue 335i with the regular sport pack because I liked the 18 inch 5 spokes that came with it. IMO, they look a lot better and they're much easier to clean so I went with that.

A matter of taste of course, but I am thrilled with my 17" ///M wheels. I've been looking at your wheels since 2007, see them everywhere, they don't get me excited anymore.

I don't care much for all the M dress up stuff. Now if had the money, I would rather get a real M3.

If you're not going to get a real M3, a real ///M328i is the next-best thing.

BJ

Old 01-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't order PDC on my current 335 because it would beep every time I started my car in the garage...it was annoying. Wonder if PDC still does that?
Yes, still does that. I don't mind since it sort of tells me its working each morning.

BJ

Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Quote:
Yes, still does that. I don't mind since it sort of tells me its working each morning.

BJ
Why does it beep every morning? You guys must have a long garage.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:06 AM
conf t

Mein Auto: 2014 328xdT M Sport
Quote:
According to the new nomenclature system, your car should be called M3 xDrive28i.

Current: '14 F31 328d xDrive M Sport.
Gone: '09 E90 328i xDrive.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:

A matter of taste of course, but I am thrilled with my 17" ///M wheels. I've been looking at your wheels since 2007, see them everywhere, they don't get me excited anymore.
Yeah true! Different strokes for different folks.
Around my area, I don't see very many BMW's with the 18 inch 5 spokes that my 335 has.
I guess they're more prevalent around you.
Me, I'm the opposite and see a lot more Bimmers with the bland rims.

Quote:

BJ

Sorry, but unfortunately, an M328i doesn't have the power (230HP N/A) anywhere near an M3 (414 HP N/A V8) or a 335i (300HP Twin Turbo) because the M Sport pack doesn't add any engine modifications except for the increased top speed limiter. Everything else is all dress up stuff and a sportier ride and handling.

2010 BMW 335i
Monaco Blue Metallic
Premium+Sport Package
Auto/STEPTRONIC

2005 Mustang GT
Redfire Metallic
5-spd
Diablosport Predator
K&N CAI

1997 Toyota Corolla

Last edited by jat335i; 01-31-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat335i View Post
Yeah true! Different strokes for different folks.
Around my area, I don't see very many BMW's with the 18 inch 5 spokes that my 335 has.
I guess they're more prevalent around you.
Me, I'm the opposite and see a lot more Bimmers with the bland rims.

Sorry, but unfortunately, an M328i doesn't have the power (230HP N/A) anywhere near an M3 (414 HP N/A V8) or a 335i (300HP Twin Turbo) because the M Sport pack doesn't add any engine modifications except for the increased top speed limiter. Everything else is all dress up stuff and a sportier ride and handling.
The MSport does not have sportier ride and handling than the regular sport package, the suspension is identical.
This is fine because about the last thing the car needs is a stiffer suspension.

IMO if you like the looks of the trim pieces and the rims the MSPort is a pretty good deal since it does not add that much cost over getting the sport package, and the backup sensors.

AFAIK you do not get a choice of rims on any E9X. If you want something other than what the car comes equioeed with the dealer will sell them to you and you have to get rid of the original rims yourself.

CA

BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 01-31-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
The MSport does not have sportier ride and handling than the regular sport package, the suspension is identical.
This is fine because about the last thing the car needs is a stiffer suspension.

IMO if you like the looks of the trim pieces and the rims the MSPort is a pretty good deal since it does not add that much cost over getting the sport package, and the backup sensors.

AFAIK you do not get a choice of rims on any E9X. If you want something other than what the car comes equioeed with the dealer will sell them to you and you have to get rid of the original rims yourself.

CA
Doh! That's right. So without the upgraded suspension or sportier ride, all the M Sport pack is, is just an interior and exterior dress up package with an increase top speed limiter and a park distance control.

I don't know, in looking at the total price of the M Sport pack on the BMW site, the price is $3350 ($3250 + $100 for the M steering wheel or M steering wheel with paddle shifters) versus $1550 for the Sport. That's a difference in cost of $1800 over the Sport pack.

The regular Sport pack adds the sport seats, increase top speed limiter, and shadowline exterior trim while the M Sport package also adds the same sport seats, increase top speed limiter, and shadowline exterior trim. But, for a difference of $1800 more, the M Sport pack will add Anthracite headliner, Park Distance Control, aero kit, various choices in trim, and the M leather steering wheel or M leather steering wheel with paddle shifters.
To me, that's an ok deal for $1800 more.

You're right about the rims. You only get the choice of wheels equppied on the car which is specified with the package. But if you want to want to swap them with different rims, you have to either buy them from the dealer, search on Ebay or Craig's list, or get aftermarket ones.

2010 BMW 335i
Monaco Blue Metallic
Premium+Sport Package
Auto/STEPTRONIC

2005 Mustang GT
Redfire Metallic
5-spd
Diablosport Predator
K&N CAI

1997 Toyota Corolla

Last edited by jat335i; 01-31-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat335i View Post
Doh! That's right. So without the upgraded suspension or sportier ride, all the M Sport pack is, is just an interior and exterior dress up package with an increase top speed limiter and a park distance control.

I don't know, in looking at the total price of the M Sport pack on the BMW site, the price is $3350 ($3250 + $100 for the M steering wheel or M steering wheel with paddle shifters) versus $1550 for the Sport. That's a difference in cost of $1800 over the Sport pack.

The regular Sport pack adds the sport seats, increase top speed limiter, and shadowline exterior trim while the M Sport package also adds the same sport seats, increase top speed limiter, and shadowline exterior trim. But, for a difference of $1800 more, the M Sport pack will add Anthracite headliner, Park Distance Control, aero kit, various choices in trim, and the M leather steering wheel or M leather steering wheel with paddle shifters.
To me, that's an ok deal for $1800 more.

You're right about the rims. You only get the choice of wheels equppied on the car which is specified with the package. But if you want to want to swap them with different rims, you have to either buy them from the dealer, search on Ebay or Craig's list, or get aftermarket ones.

I thought that the top speed limiter was the same for both packages. It it is not it is a moot point, at least for me, since I am not going to be driving that fast anyway.

CA

BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
American Mural Project
Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I thought that the top speed limiter was the same for both packages. It it is not it is a moot point, at least for me, since I am not going to be driving that fast anyway.

CA
Both packages include the increased top speed limit.
Although, I don't know if the top speed limit is higher on M Sport pack over the Sport pack.

I don't expect to drive that fast either. I was young a ruthless in my younger days, but now I'm older and wiser.

2010 BMW 335i
Monaco Blue Metallic
Premium+Sport Package
Auto/STEPTRONIC

2005 Mustang GT
Redfire Metallic
5-spd
Diablosport Predator
K&N CAI

1997 Toyota Corolla

Old 01-31-2010, 04:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328iT
does the M badging on the exterior of the car come as part of this pkg? Im waiting on arrival in a few weeks of my wagon ZMP
Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwsbw View Post
does the M badging on the exterior of the car come as part of this pkg? Im waiting on arrival in a few weeks of my wagon ZMP
The only exterior badges are the 4 ///M's on the wheels. The door sills have ///M's, the steering wheel has an ///M, and the dead pedal has an ///M.

It is acceptable to put an ///M on the trunklid as the ///M-Sport is an officially sanctioned ///M configuration by BMW themselves.

BJ

Old 01-31-2010, 04:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328iT
And where does one find such a badge?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwsbw View Post
And where does one find such a badge?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

BJ