Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
MalibuMafiaV's Avatar
MalibuMafiaV MalibuMafiaV is offline
L4P
Location: Malibu, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,541
Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Arrow Rose Bowl?? Seriously!

In the hot valley? terrible.
Very bad location. Will I still go? of course just because I've been to every single one but ONE at the earl warren show grounds.
Will I enjoy being at this location? probably not. But I'll make the best of it.
__________________
http://www.luxury4play.com
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
RE1N RE1N is offline
Registered User
Location: Almaden Valley
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: AW 325ci
All I can say is that I am sad Bimmerfest is leaving SB. No more Bimmerfest for me.

Will we ever see Bimmerfest being moved back to SB?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE1N View Post
All I can say is that I am sad Bimmerfest is leaving SB. No more Bimmerfest for me.

Will we ever see Bimmerfest being moved back to SB?
i am sad as well
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
MalibuMafiaV's Avatar
MalibuMafiaV MalibuMafiaV is offline
L4P
Location: Malibu, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,541
Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE1N View Post
All I can say is that I am sad Bimmerfest is leaving SB. No more Bimmerfest for me.

Will we ever see Bimmerfest being moved back to SB?
seriously man.
It needs to be in SB next to the beach like always. Deep in the valley.... man thats going to suck it.
__________________
http://www.luxury4play.com
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
zuckuss00 zuckuss00 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 104
Mein Auto: E46 Coupe
LAME!!! the polo grounds was so nice! We go from from the nice beach side grass polo field to the baking hot rose bowl parking lot in freakin pasadena! ***!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
MalibuMafiaV's Avatar
MalibuMafiaV MalibuMafiaV is offline
L4P
Location: Malibu, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,541
Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
LAME!!! the polo grounds was so nice! We go from from the nice beach side grass polo field to the baking hot rose bowl parking lot in freakin pasadena! ***!
Seriously dude.... sad it is
__________________
http://www.luxury4play.com
BMW 2006 M5 - REALLY LOUD
Audi S4 2000 Stage 3 - Dat turbo spool
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
SiGmA_X SiGmA_X is offline
Registered User
Location: OR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
LAME!!! the polo grounds was so nice! We go from from the nice beach side grass polo field to the baking hot rose bowl parking lot in freakin pasadena! ***!
No kidding! This is retarded. I'm going, but its annoying. I dislike California anyway, and Pasadena is a place I dislike even more!
__________________
93 325iS
99 528iT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,195
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
LAME!!! the polo grounds was so nice! We go from from the nice beach side grass polo field to the baking hot rose bowl parking lot in freakin pasadena! ***!

What you guys fail to realize is that we are doing what we feel is the only logical thing -- that is, if we are going to even have a show at all this year. SB Polo Club is no longer an option. There isn't another facility left in the Santa Barbara area that can host Bimmerfest. We looked at venues all over the state, and we felt that Pasadena's Rose Bowl might not be SB but it is classy and has prestige -- absolute requirements for a BMW show.

There is a choice for all of us to make, right? We can either be negative and focus our energy on complaining, or get excited that in a few short months we will all gather together in a fine setting in order to celebrate the most dynamic car marque on the planet. When all is said and done, those that make it out to the show will leave happy, and will already be looking forward to 2011.

...Just my $02. I'm looking forward, not backward.
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Cerpin TaxT Cerpin TaxT is offline
Registered User
Location: Korea Town - LA - CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2003 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
What you guys fail to realize is that we are doing what we feel is the only logical thing -- that is, if we are going to even have a show at all this year. SB Polo Club is no longer an option. There isn't another facility left in the Santa Barbara area that can host Bimmerfest. We looked at venues all over the state, and we felt that Pasadena's Rose Bowl might not be SB but it is classy and has prestige -- absolute requirements for a BMW show.

There is a choice for all of us to make, right? We can either be negative and focus our energy on complaining, or get excited that in a few short months we will all gather together in a fine setting in order to celebrate the most dynamic car marque on the planet. When all is said and done, those that make it out to the show will leave happy, and will already be looking forward to 2011.

...Just my $02. I'm looking forward, not backward.
Jon,

I really appreciate all of the hard work that you put into this show every year. I have been going to the fest since I was 15 years old and less than 150 cars were present.

I have to say, that the location and events surrounding the show are half of the reason most of us go. Leaving San Diego, Orange County or LA to drive north to Santa Barbara is a huge part of this event. Staying in a town we don't frequent is a huge part. I feel like we are going to lose out huge, and other experiences are going to suffer as a result.

People aren't going to be so willing to get a hotel in Passadena if they live in Valley or in the LA area. It's going to be nearly impossible to get everyone out to a single area to enjoy the night as everyone will pull in different directions. It goes from being a vacation, to just another weekend in LA.

I'll still be coming, but I really think the experience is going to suffer heavily.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
SiGmA_X SiGmA_X is offline
Registered User
Location: OR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
What happened with the Polo Club? How many cars turned out last year, BTW?

I fully agree with Cerpin TaxT. I rather dislike LA, and would much rather it be anywhere else besides Pasadena.. Ew.
__________________
93 325iS
99 528iT
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
cmybimmer's Avatar
cmybimmer cmybimmer is offline
IM DA BES
Location: 'llejo Califo'nya
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,381
Mein Auto: A rental
I can care less about the place, as long as it'll hold us all and we have a good time. BUT, sadly i wont be making it this year due to the date . Finals week a few days after the 'Fest so its a no go for me unless I convince teachers to allow me to take the final a week earlier. sigh
__________________
-Usama

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Hey at least we have a bimmerfest this year and it was not cancelled!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
cmybimmer's Avatar
cmybimmer cmybimmer is offline
IM DA BES
Location: 'llejo Califo'nya
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,381
Mein Auto: A rental
very true!

and I appreciate all the trouble Jon has been through to set a date and location for us! Thx bud

May I ask why the Polo Club wasnt an option this year? Just curious. That place was off the hook haha
__________________
-Usama

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:29 PM
SiGmA_X SiGmA_X is offline
Registered User
Location: OR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
It might be worth it to squeeze into the Earl Warren fair grounds considering how much smaller the turnout might be due to the change of venue. The BFC and e46Fanatics threads aren't too happy about it. I was really stoked about going until the location was announced. I'm up in the air about it, SB is tight, LA is crap, I might pass.
__________________
93 325iS
99 528iT
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,195
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy_bimmer View Post
very true!

and I appreciate all the trouble Jon has been through to set a date and location for us! Thx bud

May I ask why the Polo Club wasnt an option this year? Just curious. That place was off the hook haha

Well, I am not going to throw dirt around. However, after we were told we had a date for 2010 by the Polo Club, they later renigged -- at least for a May date. They suggested that field damage from Bimmerfest 2009 was the proximate cause for a polo pony's injuries during the match that followed the event. Based on that, they wanted to bump us back until Fall (after Polo season), move us to the other smaller and less desirable field, and charge us more.

None of those conditions made sense, so we had to go back to the drawing board. We looked at every option including some paired with race tracks, and we decided that the best Bimmerfest experience for our attendees could be delivered at the historic Rose Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGmA_X View Post
It might be worth it to squeeze into the Earl Warren fair grounds considering how much smaller the turnout might be due to the change of venue. The BFC and e46Fanatics threads aren't too happy about it. I was really stoked about going until the location was announced. I'm up in the air about it, SB is tight, LA is crap, I might pass.
That's really sad. Like the people who missed last year's amazing event, those spreading all of the negativity in some forums will be missing out on what I believe will be the best Bimmerfest yet. It really disappointments me how people can just be so negative. There is already enough of that around these days. All the more reason to come to The 'Fest.
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
SiGmA_X SiGmA_X is offline
Registered User
Location: OR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
Ugh that sucks. How was it driving on the grass, did the cars damage it much? I know how my car does on slight up hills when wet, and its not pretty, even when I am purposely trying to not damage it at all...
__________________
93 325iS
99 528iT
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
Well, I am not going to throw dirt around. However, after we were told we had a date for 2010 by the Polo Club, they later renigged -- at least for a May date. They suggested that field damage from Bimmerfest 2009 was the proximate cause for a polo pony's injuries during the match that followed the event. Based on that, they wanted to bump us back until Fall (after Polo season), move us to the other smaller and less desirable field, and charge us more.

None of those conditions made sense, so we had to go back to the drawing board. We looked at every option including some paired with race tracks, and we decided that the best Bimmerfest experience for our attendees could be delivered at the historic Rose Bowl.
but it didnt seem like any one drove recklessly? awww poor pony
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
cmybimmer's Avatar
cmybimmer cmybimmer is offline
IM DA BES
Location: 'llejo Califo'nya
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,381
Mein Auto: A rental
Yea i noticed ppl spinning tires as they left Ppl just cant follow rules can they?

Well that sucks , hopefully in the future we get our privelages back.
__________________
-Usama

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM
RE1N RE1N is offline
Registered User
Location: Almaden Valley
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: AW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerpin TaxT View Post
Jon,

I really appreciate all of the hard work that you put into this show every year. I have been going to the fest since I was 15 years old and less than 150 cars were present.

I have to say, that the location and events surrounding the show are half of the reason most of us go. Leaving San Diego, Orange County or LA to drive north to Santa Barbara is a huge part of this event. Staying in a town we don't frequent is a huge part. I feel like we are going to lose out huge, and other experiences are going to suffer as a result.

People aren't going to be so willing to get a hotel in Passadena if they live in Valley or in the LA area. It's going to be nearly impossible to get everyone out to a single area to enjoy the night as everyone will pull in different directions. It goes from being a vacation, to just another weekend in LA.

I'll still be coming, but I really think the experience is going to suffer heavily.

I could not agree more. I drive down from Norcal but feel the same way. I go to Bimmerfest every year because of the experience. Nothing beats driving down 101 to SB and hanging out around State St, the beach, and Isla Vista. I still feel like the people from Socal are going to be the ones suffering from the change of location.

Thanks for the awesome years in SB, Jon. Hopefully it will be moved back in the coming years.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 PM
G-Man02 G-Man02 is offline
Registered User
Location: Santa Maria CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: 70 E3 2800, 74 2002tii,
Did anyone ever consider the idea of holding BF at the Santa Barbara county fairgrounds in Santa Maria? I know, Santa Maria isn't Santa Barbara and I totally agree on that point. One thing going for Santa Maria fairgrounds is that there's plenty of space to hold all he cars for BF. Santa Maria is just about halfway between San Jose and LA so it's an easier drive for bay area participants. Plenty of hotel space in SM, Lompoc, Pismo beach area, and a lot cooler than the Rose Bowl. Just a thought for your consideration.

G-Man
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man02 View Post
Did anyone ever consider the idea of holding BF at the Santa Barbara county fairgrounds in Santa Maria? I know, Santa Maria isn't Santa Barbara and I totally agree on that point. One thing going for Santa Maria fairgrounds is that there's plenty of space to hold all he cars for BF. Santa Maria is just about halfway between San Jose and LA so it's an easier drive for bay area participants. Plenty of hotel space in SM, Lompoc, Pismo beach area, and a lot cooler than the Rose Bowl. Just a thought for your consideration.

G-Man
i dont like santa maria i used to live in SLO but picking between Pasadena and SM that is not to fair lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmy_bimmer View Post
Yea i noticed ppl spinning tires as they left Ppl just cant follow rules can they?

Well that sucks , hopefully in the future we get our privelages back.
are you freakn kidding me what morons were doing that! SOB's what the hell it isnt that hard to obey rules. They didnt get that its a polo field where expensive horses are on that can get so hurt and look one did because of some ones dumb actions.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,195
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man02 View Post
Did anyone ever consider the idea of holding BF at the Santa Barbara county fairgrounds in Santa Maria? I know, Santa Maria isn't Santa Barbara and I totally agree on that point. One thing going for Santa Maria fairgrounds is that there's plenty of space to hold all he cars for BF. Santa Maria is just about halfway between San Jose and LA so it's an easier drive for bay area participants. Plenty of hotel space in SM, Lompoc, Pismo beach area, and a lot cooler than the Rose Bowl. Just a thought for your consideration.

G-Man

Yes, we considered Santa Maria. One of the contenders was Ventura, but no May date was available. This is the time to start making plans, and not second-guess. It is possible that we can have a great show in a new location, isn't it? Pasadena is certainly not just "the valley". Real estate prices are very Santa Barbara-like for a reason. It's a classy area.
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
Yes, we considered Santa Maria. One of the contenders was Ventura, but no May date was available. This is the time to start making plans, and not second-guess. It is possible that we can have a great show in a new location, isn't it? Pasadena is certainly not just "the valley". Real estate prices are very Santa Barbara-like for a reason. It's a classy area.
Pasadena is nice its old school and very pretty in some parts! Wow thats going to be pretty awesome to say we got to have bimmerfest at the rose bowl! thats like an honor!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
SL Blak Soldier SL Blak Soldier is offline
...Wants Twarbo
Location: Woodland Hills, San Fernando Valley, LA, SoCal
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 01' 330ci
the pasadena cops are going to have a field day. omfg. you guys have noooooooooooooooooooooooo clue.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Missmodena310's Avatar
Missmodena310 Missmodena310 is offline
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*
Location: Space
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,256
Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
the pasadena cops are going to have a field day. omfg. you guys have noooooooooooooooooooooooo clue.
yep im not to stoked on the cop situation inland cops are THE worst
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms