Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 AM

Mein Auto: e46
it going to be great
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlifestyle View Post
it going to be great
love your sig! beautiful car!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:42 AM

Mein Auto: Desert Boots
aw man...i finally move to the area and now it's no longer in SB

side note...Jon S., i think i may have seen you on the road the other week. i'm in a black MC.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 325i
i rather have bfest at a later time of the year and still in SB.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:09 AM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Just be happy there is a bfest at all. Damn, this negativity is LAME.

I cant wait, been to every bfest from 2000 on

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 02-04-2010, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: '01 740iL
Comments, good and bad, are to be expected....always happens with change. I think it's ok for people to express themselves. But it is what it is!

I'm unfamiliar with Pasedena and Keith use to always provide hotel suggestions in SB. Any recommendations for us Rose Bowl-bound newbies?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: 1981 323i Baur
Well I've never really been to LA other than last year when I was there for 3 days for work, and I've never been to the rose bowl. Since this is a 7500 mile expidition for me I don't care where it is since this is the one year it looks like I get to go.

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Winner of the longest drive ever to Bimmerfest in 2010.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
What I am most happy about is that we are (even) having a BF 2010. Seriously, we came this close (> . <) to skipping this year altogether when we lost the Polo Grounds. Bimmerfest is truly an organic event, and who knows where we might end up next year. We looked at so many options. It's so hard to please everybody. We had to keep in mind vendor's schedules too. Bottom line, I am very excited, and I am confident that everyone will have a great time this year...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb View Post
aw man...i finally move to the area and now it's no longer in SB

side note...Jon S., i think i may have seen you on the road the other week. i'm in a black MC.
Was that on State St.? I think I remember that...

Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
the pasadena cops are going to have a field day. omfg. you guys have noooooooooooooooooooooooo clue.
Ugh that's bad news.

I have a question about out of state cars that do not comply with CARB.. What can they do? I, um, might have non-CARB approved engine modifications (lol), exhaust, suspension, window tint, most everything on my car... I'm going to put a cat on and another muffler to bring the sound down, but if I get pulled over, can I expect a problem? Like car impounding problem? :-\
Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
Pasadena is nice its old school and very pretty in some parts! Wow thats going to be pretty awesome to say we got to have bimmerfest at the rose bowl! thats like an honor!
Pasadena is expensive only because it's in southern california. There is no nice scenary in Pasadena and it's just the valley lol.
But yes babe I agree. Having it at the rose bowl is quite an honor for us all.

Quote:
the pasadena cops are going to have a field day. omfg. you guys have noooooooooooooooooooooooo clue.
Seriously. It's going to be insane. I will have to put on a front plate and keep my windows rolled down the whole damn time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilez View Post
i rather have bfest at a later time of the year and still in SB.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGmA_X View Post
Ugh that's bad news.

I have a question about out of state cars that do not comply with CARB.. What can they do? I, um, might have non-CARB approved engine modifications (lol), exhaust, suspension, window tint, most everything on my car... I'm going to put a cat on and another muffler to bring the sound down, but if I get pulled over, can I expect a problem? Like car impounding problem? :-\
If you get pulled over and have that much illegal stuff on your car. Your definitely going to be screwed by the inland police lol.

-Jon. I respect you a lot. I met you back when you had bimmerfest at the dealership when I was a young teen. I then talked to you at Earl Warren show grounds for a bit about surfing.
You are a great enthusiast and I appreciate all you've doen to make the BMW community a better place for every one. AND not just us but man.. you've made sales go up for BMW them selfs. They should give you a big check! lol.

It may not be the best location BUT. Does it have a chance of being the best bimmerfest ever? of course!. And will we all still have a good time? of course!. I'm looking forward to going. Just not looking forward to the hot valley and the inland police. Everything else is great. And as my misses said above. It will be an honor to have our event in the rose bowl!. serious photo ops lol.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD

Last edited by MalibuMafiaV; 02-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Location is not always key, especially for a great event! It is what is and it needs to be made the best of. With that said, I'm less than 4 miles from the Rose Bowl.

I more or less feel bad for SB loosing out on this event as I'm sure local shops get good business during this time.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Pasadena is expensive only because it's in southern california. There is no nice scenary in Pasadena and it's just the valley lol.
But yes babe I agree. Having it at the rose bowl is quite an honor for us all.

Seriously. It's going to be insane. I will have to put on a front plate and keep my windows rolled down the whole damn time.

I agree.

If you get pulled over and have that much illegal stuff on your car. Your definitely going to be screwed by the inland police lol.

-Jon. I respect you a lot. I met you back when you had bimmerfest at the dealership when I was a young teen. I then talked to you at Earl Warren show grounds for a bit about surfing.
You are a great enthusiast and I appreciate all you've doen to make the BMW community a better place for every one. AND not just us but man.. you've made sales go up for BMW them selfs. They should give you a big check! lol.

It may not be the best location BUT. Does it have a chance of being the best bimmerfest ever? of course!. And will we all still have a good time? of course!. I'm looking forward to going. Just not looking forward to the hot valley and the inland police. Everything else is great. And as my misses said above. It will be an honor to have our event in the rose bowl!. serious photo ops lol.

Not sure what part of Pasadena you've been too, but they have great whether.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
DetailAddict.Com

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328i
i'll be looking forward to this event... it'll be my first (totally missed out last year) too!

Jon, is that area super windy?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Format c:\*.* /y

Mein Auto: '01 330i
Quote:
I read horror stories about the SBPD pulling over nearly everybody leaving bimmerfest in Santa Barbara, will Pasadena really be worse?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Pundit

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Pasadena is a great location to host Bimmerfest. The weather, scenery and nightlife are some of the best so cal has to offer. There's a reason they annually host one of the most watched college championship games there, not to mention the best parade in the world.

It's not the "valley" and the "inland police" comment makes no sense. Obey the traffic laws and you'll have anything to worry about

Well done Jon
E46 330i - Sold
E39 530i - Sold
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
www.my330i.com

Send a message via AIM to marvelphx
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ESS ZHP
Bah, less bitching, make something out of it. Im trying to get a huge AZ group together to hit up one of the theme parks like Knotts on Friday. Bimmerfest became the victim of it's own growth, and as big as it got, it was bound to move from SB.

This will be my 9th Bimmerfest and Ive been to it at 3 different venues, in the rain, been pulled over, watched my friends get kicked out of the hotel, and ran down the street protecting my half empty case of beer. While the Santa Barbara part was a key to the trip, I went to go to Bimmerfest with my friends, see the cars, meet the people, and have a great time. People and the BMWs make Bimmerfest what it is, not the ground it is set up on.

We all just need to take a positive spin on this year and help make it bigger and better.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
325is driver

Mein Auto: '93 325is
Driving to Pasadena will be like another weekend meet for me. As long as you don't do anything stupid, the Pasadena Police won't bust you. Pasadena has it's fair share of lowered and loud cars, especially if you account for the number of Lambo's, Ferrari's, Bentley's, Benz, BMW's and more high end cars that reside and drive through there. It's just gonna be a normal weekend for Pasadena. I'm kinda glad it's nearby this year for the So. Cal. people, times have been hard on modifications. lol
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
I read horror stories about the SBPD pulling over nearly everybody leaving bimmerfest in Santa Barbara, will Pasadena really be worse?
Hehe yeah the cops seem to have less to do in Pasadena so they'll take anything they can get. Tint and no front plates!? there gana have a rockin time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK View Post
Pasadena is a great location to host Bimmerfest. The weather, scenery and nightlife are some of the best so cal has to offer. There's a reason they annually host one of the most watched college championship games there, not to mention the best parade in the world.

It's not the "valley" and the "inland police" comment makes no sense. Obey the traffic laws and you'll have anything to worry about

Well done Jon
I say valley because anything 818 is the valley to me and everything is inland to me including pasadena police because I live next to the beach lol.
That's what I said that.

Regardless of it all. I'm sure this bimmerfest will be great! they've all been awesome for me. I'm looking forward to the rose bowl. They'll be tons of drinks and food this time! and shade! well... kinda...

Last edited by MalibuMafiaV; 02-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 99 528iT, 93 325iS
Quote:
Obey the traffic laws and you'll have anything to worry about
I sure hope you're right. I don't have a problem obeying traffic laws, just hardware laws.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelphx View Post
Bah, less bitching, make something out of it. Im trying to get a huge AZ group together to hit up one of the theme parks like Knotts on Friday. Bimmerfest became the victim of it's own growth, and as big as it got, it was bound to move from SB.

This will be my 9th Bimmerfest and Ive been to it at 3 different venues, in the rain, been pulled over, watched my friends get kicked out of the hotel, and ran down the street protecting my half empty case of beer. While the Santa Barbara part was a key to the trip, I went to go to Bimmerfest with my friends, see the cars, meet the people, and have a great time. People and the BMWs make Bimmerfest what it is, not the ground it is set up on.

We all just need to take a positive spin on this year and help make it bigger and better.
I'm with him. Believe me, nobody wanted it to remain in SB more than me...

Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
TMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
I'm with him. Believe me, nobody wanted it to remain in SB more than me...

+2.

But, change can be fun. At least it's not being held at Buttonwillow, eh Jon? Have the Friday night BayBimmerz dinner at the Carrows in Bakersfield?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
L4P

Change is always a good experience especially with something like this.
I'm looking forward to it. I already expressed my "negativity" of what I don't like lol.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Quote:

Well done Jon
i beg to differ they will pull over modded cars ive been pulled over by the cops in the valley for mods n such i wasnt speeding or ne thing

the SBPD were pretty chill actually im lookin forward to this year i just hope its not finals time!
Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
R3VLimited.com

Mein Auto: E30, E34
Jon props to you for making it happen, like always. Ignore the negativity, it's not possible to please everyone.

That said I will be there with a LOT of friends and a lot of cars, it's only 15 minutes away.