Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jever View Post
ventura fairgrounds would be nice. I remember meeting up with jon there during a benz/quasi-exotic show. Lots of room there for sure as well as lots of hotel space. The ocean is nearby as well.

If the show is going to be in the rose bowl then i'll try and get in touch with dakine (jesse) and perhaps some of us can have a scarantino's meet before or after. Hell, maybe they even do catering now.

Scarantion's=best family italian grub this side of italy.
+1
Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaoue View Post
Dear Jon S.,

Bravo!

Your accomplishments with this meet are beyond outstanding; they are World renown and published in every BMW magazine world-wide. The time, effort, and stress from you and those involved are all extremely appreciated. You bring Bimmer aficionados from across the State and the Nation to a common ground to join in with each other. It does not matter where it is located, except that the location be large enough to accommodate the impressive mass of fans who travel to attend.

We are very fortunate to have another such event.

THANK YOU for organizing Bimmerfest.

One more "Thank You" to Jon!!!!
Have you guys see it Open ceremony of XXI Winter Olympic Games - BMW commercial and a 2 sec of Bimmerfest 2009!!!!!

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 02-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Mein Auto: 01 325i
hey that was me in the far left with my purple sweater and my hands in my pocket because i had a woody!j/k
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post

One more "Thank You" to Jon!!!!
Have you guys see it Open ceremony of XXI Winter Olympic Games - BMW commercial and a 2 sec of Bimmerfest 2009!!!!!

lol thats my blk 325i next to the white bimmer everyone is stairing at
Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 AM

that car was sick and made me lol cause ppl would look at it then see my rc bmw on my dash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car[1].jpg
Views:	86
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	218706  
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
This is soooo cool! Thanks for posting it. Makes my day!!! :-)))

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM

i love the rose bowl area its closer but i will miss the ocean view but my favorite place to eat is near by so im happy
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM
AgouraM5

Mein Auto: '03 540iA
Talking Next Years Location ... here's a thought

Big Jon,
the Polo field was an awesome location, glad I got to enjoy it!!

just a suggestion, if everyone is underwhelmed at the Rose Bowl, maybe consider a week end at Santa Anita with an earlier start and then include tickets to the day at the races in the afternoon... the upscale crowd can hit the Turf Club buffet and the wrenchers can have fun hanging in the paddock with other racing fans (four legged racing of course) Bimmerfest at the Races, and I'll bet the Anita marketing department would help make it even bigger... maybe have a corral of one model in the infield and sponsor a race that puts Big Jon in the picture with the race winning jockey at the end of the day... just my sales brain working and trying to get as classy as the polo fields! my $.02

ymmv
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Retired USAF MSgt

Send a message via MSN to RivMcLean
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci, 87 Toyota PU
+1 Great idea!
Moreno Valley, CA
Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Mr.Evil...E30

Mein Auto: 87 E30
it is going to be a drity show now......I mean in a good way too.....
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: Car
Honestly guys? Does it really matter that much where the venue is? Sure we might all love driving along the beach but for gosh sakes its BIMMERFEST!! Who cares where it is, what the cop situation is, etc. etc. we are there to support the passion that we all follow.

Jon...THANK YOU for putting in the time you do to make this possible...if people have such an issue with it a) they just shouldn't come, negative nancys just bring down the party and b) I would love to see you guys step up and do what Jon has done for the past 11 years! Plus who knows...this could be one of the best ones yet! You cant complain about the dinner before its served!

Once again Jon...thank you! I WILL BE THERE as will my other 3 friends and their BMWs!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Guys/Gals,

With all due respect, I’m sure Jon appreciates our input. However it’s not cool to put Jon on the spot by suggesting different venues/date changes/etc., then get disappointed or saddened if he didn’t pick “your” spot. If you read his first post on this thread, he clearly stated - “We looked at venues all over the state”.

As many have stated before, organizing an event of this magnitude is not an easy task. It’s not like he can just call, ask if the date is available, and say “Okay, I’ll take it”. Keep in mind that usually for something like this, after the organizers find a potential/promising location, they usually visit the site to inspect the grounds, meet with property owners, check out the local area, etc., etc.. It takes A LOT of time and money just PICKING a spot.

Jon has many, many years of putting on great shows for us. He knows what he’s doing. This venue change was not the original plan. He essentially got “screwed” by Polo Grounds. Yet, he’s making it work the best he can. He is trying to make it the best experience for as many people possible.

So with that said, lets try to not put him on the spot like that. He’s got enough on his plate already.

As for those complaining about cops… are you serious??? You guys act like it’s not illegal to have tinted windows/no front plate/loud exhausts, etc. wherever you live. Like you’ve never been to big event before. What do you expect is going to happen when 2000+ cars (most of which are modified in one way or another) take over the local fwys and roll into a city for the day. – People are going to get ticketed. Is that really enough of a reason for you not to go??

Bimmerfest 2010 will be a great event regardless of venue. Negative comments isn’t going to change that.

Thanks Jon, and the crew at Bimmerfest for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

See you May 22, 2010!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
The 12th Bruin!

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i Topaz Blue
First of All....

Jon, thanks for making Bimmerfest happen! Especially 2010, since it almost got cancelled. Having Bimmerfest somewhere is better than not having it at all. Both my girlfried and I are bummed it's not in SB, we've been making it a long weekend vacation for us for the past 6 years, so we'll miss SB.

Jon, do you know what part of the Rose Bowl we're having it at? Will it be on the golf course or on the asphalt parking lot in front of the Rose Bowl?

The front of the Rose Bowl doesn't offer much shade, but the golf course does have plenty of trees around it that provide plenty of shade. And I know they wouldn't have a problem with cars being on the course, because that's where we park for UCLA football games.

Since it's not in SB, it's great that it's at the Rose Bowl, it's practically my backyard, I'm like 2 exits away from it.

As nice as SB is, I agree with most here. We make it Bimmerfest (along with our cars, of course), not the location. So I'm sure it will still be a blast! At least now I can drag more of my frieds out to it, since they were always hesitant to drive out to SB.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
5FortyOunce! Drink Up!!!

Mein Auto: '02 540i
Never been to one, plan on going to this one. Didn't really see this info on the official page but, is there a gate fee or entrance fee for those who just want to take in the festivities and not sell/show/exhibit anything? And is it an advance pre-purchase or can you pay at the door/gate?

Thank you!
MANGO

That's Gina. Say "HI GINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Underachiever

Mein Auto: 328,Z3, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANGOSTENE View Post
Never been to one, plan on going to this one. Didn't really see this info on the official page but, is there a gate fee or entrance fee for those who just want to take in the festivities and not sell/show/exhibit anything? And is it an advance pre-purchase or can you pay at the door/gate?

Thank you!
MANGO
There has always been a small fee to support the Fest. You can pay at the gate.

Thanks to Jon for making this happen. I'm sure it will fun and I hear Pasadena is a nice place with great eateries. We were at the Polo Club last year and I got the feeling that we wouldnt be welcome back. Well, such is life.

We'll be doing the tourista thing in LA this year. See you at Bimmerfest!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
BimmerJunkie

Mein Auto: 1998 Alpine White 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
seriously man.
It needs to be in SB next to the beach like always. Deep in the valley.... man thats going to suck it.
You and MissModena can bone out early if it gets too hot and hang out at our pad in Glendale...We live in a nice spot where a nice breeze flows through lol

Old 03-01-2010, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Have we found out where exactly we are all parking? In the parking lot?

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post
Have we found out where exactly we are all parking? In the parking lot?
Well the smaller parking lots (Lots B & D. Lot F has maybe 75 to 100 spaces) have 150 spaces so there will be more than enough parking available in the other lots encircling the Rose Bowl while they still use some of the lot spaces for sponsors, vendors etc...

Lot F is HUGE on the west end of the Rose Bowl.

Wherever the parking will be it's gonna be a fun time!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by E39Freak View Post
You and MissModena can bone out early if it gets too hot and hang out at our pad in Glendale...We live in a nice spot where a nice breeze flows through lol
You can count us in brotha!. I'll bring some beverages
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Quote:
Well the smaller parking lots (Lots B & D. Lot F has maybe 75 to 100 spaces) have 150 spaces so there will be more than enough parking available in the other lots encircling the Rose Bowl while they still use some of the lot spaces for sponsors, vendors etc...

Lot F is HUGE on the west end of the Rose Bowl.

Wherever the parking will be it's gonna be a fun time!
Yeah but parking in a parking lot...

Not to mention it will be hot as hell! I guess we'll have to see.

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent31 View Post
Guys/Gals,

With all due respect, I'm sure Jon appreciates our input. However it's not cool to put Jon on the spot by suggesting different venues/date changes/etc., then get disappointed or saddened if he didn't pick "your" spot. If you read his first post on this thread, he clearly stated - "We looked at venues all over the state".

As many have stated before, organizing an event of this magnitude is not an easy task. It's not like he can just call, ask if the date is available, and say "Okay, I'll take it". Keep in mind that usually for something like this, after the organizers find a potential/promising location, they usually visit the site to inspect the grounds, meet with property owners, check out the local area, etc., etc.. It takes A LOT of time and money just PICKING a spot.

Jon has many, many years of putting on great shows for us. He knows what he's doing. This venue change was not the original plan. He essentially got "screwed" by Polo Grounds. Yet, he's making it work the best he can. He is trying to make it the best experience for as many people possible.

So with that said, lets try to not put him on the spot like that. He's got enough on his plate already.

As for those complaining about cops…... are you serious??? You guys act like it's not illegal to have tinted windows/no front plate/loud exhausts, etc. wherever you live. Like you've never been to big event before. What do you expect is going to happen when 2000+ cars (most of which are modified in one way or another) take over the local fwys and roll into a city for the day. – People are going to get ticketed. Is that really enough of a reason for you not to go??

Bimmerfest 2010 will be a great event regardless of venue. Negative comments isn't going to change that.

Thanks Jon, and the crew at Bimmerfest for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

See you May 22, 2010!
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbimma85 View Post
Honestly guys? Does it really matter that much where the venue is? Sure we might all love driving along the beach but for gosh sakes its BIMMERFEST!! Who cares where it is, what the cop situation is, etc. etc. we are there to support the passion that we all follow.

Jon...THANK YOU for putting in the time you do to make this possible...if people have such an issue with it a) they just shouldn't come, negative nancys just bring down the party and b) I would love to see you guys step up and do what Jon has done for the past 11 years! Plus who knows...this could be one of the best ones yet! You cant complain about the dinner before its served!

Once again Jon...thank you! I WILL BE THERE as will my other 3 friends and their BMWs!
+1000 Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post
Yeah but parking in a parking lot...

Not to mention it will be hot as hell! I guess we'll have to see.
It's not a big deal.... The Rose Bowl is a nice spot, and YES we will be in a Giant Parking Lot. So what?

Think of the Parking lot as a concrete polo field

Around April/May it usually peaks in the 80's. It doesn't usually creep into the 90's until about late May/early June, so it should be nice. Just bring a hat and some sunblock just in case.

BIMMERFEST WILL ROCK no matter where it is held!!!!!!!!

Months FIXED! (Thanks jonesin)

Last edited by E39Freak; 03-02-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Reversed the months...sorry LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
+1000 Well said.

It's not a big deal.... The Rose Bowl is a nice spot, and YES we will be in a Giant Parking Lot. So what?

Think of the Parking lot as a concrete polo field

Around May/April it usually peaks in the 80's. It doesn't usually creep into the 90's until about late April/early June, so it should be nice. Just bring a hat and some sunblock just in case.

BIMMERFEST WILL ROCK no matter where it is held!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately for us, in Canada May comes between April and June so those heat waves hit us hard by May 22nd.

No hard feelings?

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
BimmerJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Unfortunately for us, in Canada May comes between April and June so those heat waves hit us hard by May 22nd.

No hard feelings?
I just realized what I had done in my earlier post. All fixed now....and no, no hard feelings at all

Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 AM
The original E9

Send a message via AIM to RBE9
Mein Auto: 74 3.0CS
Question If the lot is big enough maybe we can set a small autox or a series of short exercises for our cars like what Socaleuro had at their big meet. The SD BMW CCA helped set it up and it turned out well.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 AM
BimmerJunkie

^^^ Love the Sig.