Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 M6
Angry M6 Vanos problems

Hi
I've just joined this forum and I would like to know if anybody has had a problem with there M6 Vanos. I have just bought this car in October last year from a company called Chess Valley down in Buckinghamshire and the guy told me that the car was mint. I did not even have the car 2 weeks when I was told that the after market exhaust was not going to pass an MOT which it did not. I then was told that the car had 13 engine faults and that it would need a new exhaust. which was installed, I the found out that there was problems with the O2 sensors and that there was a fault with the Vanos system. Because I work offshore the car is not driven every day and usally sits there until I come home. However this time I had it booked in to replace the O2 sensor, and when I took it to be fixed the mechanic told me that he was instructed by the BM dealership not to touch it and to get the car into them because of this Vanos problem. I was then told that this would cost thousands to fix. The car has only got 30600 miles and when I bought it it had 29000. So my question is, is this possible for a car with that type of engine and of this age to experience these kind of problems.
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: suburban 2500 8.1, 650i
wow, thats awful, it seems as if all the bad things that people bring up with BMWs all happened to you in the first two weeks, did the dealer give you any type of support? was there any factory warrenty remaining,

i cant offer you any advice as i am very new to the BMW world but just hope you the best with getting you M6 up and runnin
Old 02-07-2010, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
It sounds like you don't have a CPO warranty, correct?

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW M3
sounds awful! I have never had a problem with my M6. You should definitely take it back to the guy you purchased from. Assuming it is a (2005) (which we dont have in the US) you are probably out of warranty...and since you bought it from a non-bmw dealer its not a cpo, but he should really help you out - if not there should be rules in your country about knowingly selling a lemon~~~!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 M6
Thumbs up M6 exhaust

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Chess Valley in Buckinghamshire for coming through with the goods. After speaking to them they were really helpful sorting out the exhaust problem as well as the vanos in a quick fashion. The after market sales team were able to source a new exhaust and have it sent to my mechanic and took care of all the finacial requirements. I don' think that you see that kind of quality care with some of the big car dealerships that I recieved from Chess Valley, so when it comes time to trade the M6 in I know that I'll be giving them a call. Many Thanks Hamish!

Lyle Gribbon
Old 04-12-2010, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canuck View Post
I'd just like to say a big thanks to Chess Valley in Buckinghamshire for coming through with the goods. After speaking to them they were really helpful sorting out the exhaust problem as well as the vanos in a quick fashion. The after market sales team were able to source a new exhaust and have it sent to my mechanic and took care of all the finacial requirements. I don' think that you see that kind of quality care with some of the big car dealerships that I recieved from Chess Valley, so when it comes time to trade the M6 in I know that I'll be giving them a call. Many Thanks Hamish!

Lyle Gribbon
Glad you got this fixed!

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual