Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
Adios, Your Honor!

WS

Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
10,000 what? For what?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
10,000 what? For what?
For count one. What else?

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 328is, 2001 750is
I saw this. Awesome. Reminds me of my old shop teacher in Jr. High.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 3.0i Roadster, K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
10,000 what? For what?
I think $10k was the bail for Count 1. Flipping the bird to the judge cost her 30 days for contempt. Never a good idea to flip off your judge. Just sayin' . . .
"Beemer" is for my BMW motorcycles - '13 K1300S, '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '75 R90S (gone, but not forgotten).
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 AW M3
Wow, thats garbage

I could see if the judge was a true blue american and didn't know what adios meant or if he didn't speak spanish and took it as an insult....but telling a spanish speaking judge goodbye in spanish for 10K when he said goodbye first? If she would have known adios was so insulting she would have probably lead with the "fu@k you"

Do they not say adios in puerto rico or cuba? I know they have their own version of spanish but I thought adios was pretty standard.

Last edited by LegendaryItalia; 02-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM

heres the longer version.....posession of a bunch of xanex....I think she was still high

Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
I think you are right, she's giggling and acting like an ass. How long does it take for Xanex's effect to ware off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryItalia View Post
heres the longer version.....posession of a bunch of xanex....I think she was still high

Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT View Post
I think you are right, she's giggling and acting like an ass. How long does it take for Xanex's effect to ware off?
I don't know about that.

To me, it didn't look like she was acting.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
While the judge seems to be on a power trip, I understand his POV. I couldn't deal with idiots constantly without doing the same. The girl dug her own grave when you watch the longer version.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM
George

Mein Auto: 2002 bmw 4.4i x5 sprts pg
she gave him the bird - i would be pissed too if i was the judge - imo she deserved every minute of here contempt charge

2002 4.4i BMW X5 - 166K Topaz Blue Ext/ Tan/Beige Leather Int

1994 Nissan Pathfinder SE 132K Black Ext / Grey Leather Int
Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
She not only came in taking everything like it was a joke. Zero remorse shown for her crime. She deserved a face pounding. Did you see the way she was bobbing her head and tying her hair up? In the hood girls do that when getting ready for a fight; physical fight. She wants to brawl with a judge? What a fukcing moron.

Judge was no better himself. Judges don't say "buh-bye" to defendants. He was mad because she had the final word: ADIOS!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: Z3 3.0i Roadster, K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
To me, it didn't look like she was acting.
Well, she'll have at least 30 days to practice her act.
"Beemer" is for my BMW motorcycles - '13 K1300S, '95 R1100RS, '88 K75S, '75 R90S (gone, but not forgotten).
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchurself View Post
she gave him the bird - i would be pissed too if i was the judge - imo she deserved every minute of here contempt charge
I too would be pissed if I was ordered to pay $10K Bond. $5K for Adios?? WTF??
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
I took a Xanax pill before a flight to Europe. It just relaxed me and I slept the entire way. AFAIK, Xanax doesn't make you "loopy". I suspect that the defendant was under the influence of other drugs.

Last edited by Paul335i; 02-06-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
She not only came in taking everything like it was a joke. Zero remorse shown for her crime. She deserved a face pounding. Did you see the way she was bobbing her head and tying her hair up? In the hood girls do that when getting ready for a fight; physical fight. She wants to brawl with a judge? What a fukcing moron.

Judge was no better himself. Judges don't say "buh-bye" to defendants. He was mad because she had the final word: ADIOS!
She was definitely no angel but the judge at his age should not want to test and push 18 year olds to see what he old get away with and then severely punish them. He obviously did not have much of a sense of humor. I did not know that there was a law stating that if someone said Adios their fine or bond would be increased by $5K.

$5K was pretty messed up to begin with and to add another $5K to it was not any better. I think it took her a while to catch on and see that this judge was not humorous but more of an Ahole that was not in the mood for any humor and would punish those that tried to get humorous with him. He did not really want to educate her but punish her.
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post

What you saw was a typical interaction between a Latin male and female.

Youuu ess no ta bauss ova mi!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
He obviously did not have much of a sense of humor.
Imagine for a moment that you have his job. Every day you're constantly dealing with idiots like her that think they are smarter than the law and lie constantly to you. Your humor wouldn't last long. Besides, one purpose of the justice system is to punish and make offenders think twice about their actions. Of course, I doubt it will do any good in her case.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm View Post
Imagine for a moment that you have his job. Every day you're constantly dealing with idiots like her that think they are smarter than the law and lie constantly to you. Your humor wouldn't last long. Besides, one purpose of the justice system is to punish and make offenders think twice about their actions. Of course, I doubt it will do any good in her case.
Judging from the looks of his age he looks a bit tired of humor. Either he has some sort of Spanish or South American background or he was mocking her. A fine for a violation should be equal among all citizens. He was asking her how much jewelry she had. If you get a parking ticket for parking in a non-parking zone whether you drive a Benz or Toyota the fine should be the same. The $5K increase was ridiculous if you ask me. It did not look like he was talking to her to educate her or tell her of what her mistakes were or what the consequences were but was trying to show her how he could punish her and push her along with showing her that he had more power than her. He basically used mocking along with heavy punishment to educate her of her mistakes. There are different ways of going resolving or educating people when they make mistakes but I guess this depends on which country one is in and whether one has a sense of humor or not.

She was obviously poor to where she could not get someone to properly represent her or defend her. He took advantage of his power and her mistakes to punish her instead of just issuing a fine for her basic violation. Not saying that she was right but at the age of 18 many still don't know too much.
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Omni Extaris

Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Judging from the looks of his age he looks a bit tired of humor. Either he has some sort of Spanish or South American background or he was mocking her. A fine for a violation should be equal among all citizens. He was asking her how much jewelry she had. If you get a parking ticket for parking in a non-parking zone whether you drive a Benz or Toyota the fine should be the same. The $5K increase was ridiculous if you ask me. It did not look like he was talking to her to educate her or tell her of what her mistakes were or what the consequences were but was trying to show her how he could punish her and push her along with showing her that he had more power than her. He basically used mocking along with heavy punishment to educate her of her mistakes. There are different ways of going resolving or educating people when they make mistakes but I guess this depends on which country one is in and whether one has a sense of humor or not.

She was obviously poor to where she could not get someone to properly represent her or defend her. He took advantage of his power and her mistakes to punish her instead of just issuing a fine for her basic violation. Not saying that she was right but at the age of 18 many still don't know too much.
the money was for bond if I understood the video properly. They were trying to ascertain her ability to put up the bond. If she were considered to be poor, her bond might have been lower.

The girl was behaving inappropriately and immaturely. She was probably not under the effect of xanax at the time. It is a very short acting medication for anxiety.
She may have been on something else. I suspect she was just being a jackass.
The judge was acting in a patronizing mocking manner when he said bye bye to the defendant. He was ticked at her attitude.
Very inappropriate on his part to engage with her.

The woman responded with an adios which is a fairly ambivalent response. She could have been responding in kind - to his patronizing manner and threw in an "adios" to acknowledge his Hispanic background - to say to the judge - you are a Latino too.
Or she could have just said adios to mean goodbye.
Who knows?

The judge responded very quickly and raised her bond, knowing this would be a hardship to her.
It was unnecessary and vindictive.

Giving her 30 days in jail cost the taxpayers some money just so the judge could go home and chuckle a bit.
I wonder how many times he has done things like this or what his reputation is like.
I understand the need to maintain discipline in a court.
I hope she was let out after a few days.

I would not want to be that judge today. That video is all over youtube.
I saw the comments there. there's a lot of pissed off people.

That and a judge probably does not want to be famous for using his position to punish people for saying adios.

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Samuel Clemens

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849

Last edited by paulg; 02-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul335i View Post
I took a Xanax pill before a flight to Europe. It just relaxed me and I slept the entire way. AFAIK, Xanax doesn't make you "loopy". I suspect that the defendant was under the influence of other drugs.
Xanex is a benzo, it is typically used to treat stress and other disorders which require a "calming" effect. However, side effects can be similar to those of alcohol where there is a lowering of inhibitions....i.e. diarrhea of the mouth.

Point is this, she was a first time offender and according to state law her charges carried a $5K bond which is what he initially gave her. The discretion of a judge to double the mandate based on one non-profane and otherwise common word is just wrong. The judge to me looked like someone who has been doing that same sh!tty job for too long and is WAY burned out. Time for judge Paco to resign and head back to the island.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Omni Extaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISS View Post
What you saw was a typical interaction between a Latin male and female.

Youuu ess no ta bauss ova mi!

yup

Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
Samuel Clemens

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
They were trying to ascertain her ability to put up the bond. If she were considered to be poor, her bond might have been lower.
The judge was inquiring about her financial status to determine if she was indigent and therefore needed a court appointed lawyer (public defender).

The judge doesn't care how poor a person is when it comes to bond.

Oh and I agree with the rest of your post

+1
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
the money was for bond if I understood the video properly. They were trying to ascertain her ability to put up the bond. If she were considered to be poor, her bond might have been lower.

The judge was acting in a patronizing mocking manner when he said bye bye to the defendant.
Very inappropriate on his part.

The woman responded with an adios which is a fairly ambivalent response. She could have been responding in kind - to his patronizing manner and threw in an "adios" to acknowledge his Hispanic background - to say to the judge - you are a Latino too.
Or she could have just said adios to mean goodbye.
Who knows?

The judge responded very quickly and raised her bond, knowing this would be a hardship to her.
It was unnecessary and vindictive.

The girl was behaving inappropriately and immaturely. She was probably not under the effect of xanax at the time. It is a very short acting medication for anxiety.
She may have been on something else. I suspect she was just being a jackass.

Giving her 30 days in jail cost the taxpayers some money just so the judge could go home and chuckle a bit.
I wonder how many times he has done things like this or what his reputation is like.

I would not want to be that judge today. That video is all over youtube.
I saw the comments there. there's a lot of pissed off people.

That and a judge probably does not want to be famous for using his position to punish people for saying adios.
I agree..

She told him that she made $800 per month. Not sure if that is before or after taxes but if it were before she is not left with much. $5000 was too much to begin with.

As far as her attitude with the smile and adios she could just have been happy and kind of person. Assuming that he too was South American or Hispanic then Adios should not have given him any right to issue another $5K Bond.

Today at the age I am at I would not have done what she did but at the age of 18 I may have done what she did had I known that I was being friendly and smiling only to be told after I told him Adios I was going to get another $5K added to my Bond

After watching the video a few times over and over I find it hard to say that the judge was not a smart a**. She was no angel but he did not look like he was trying to help but rather punish,set up to get revenge after or show her who the boss of the court room was. At her age she was not educated enough to go up against a judge.
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Omni Extaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryItalia View Post
The judge was inquiring about her financial status to determine if she was indigent and therefore needed a court appointed lawyer (public defender).

The judge doesn't care how poor a person is when it comes to bond.

Oh and I agree with the rest of your post

+1
I can just see the judge at the window at Jack in the Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast food worker
Adios! &
He's never going to live that down.

Samuel Clemens

Last edited by paulg; 02-07-2013 at 12:25 AM.