Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Ryans323i's Avatar
Ryans323i Ryans323i is offline
Little Miss Ry
Location: Asheville, NC
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via AIM to Ryans323i
Mein Auto: 1999 3pedal 323i
^^^The steering wheel is on the wrong side. You may get shot driving like that in Compton. But if you're really in Compton and already driving a Clio then I guess you'll be alright. The 318i looks nice, but since it's in the UK auto trader, references miles, and the price is in pounds, it's weird. I'm questioning the validity of your entire post. kthanksbye
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Marco31 Marco31 is offline
Registered User
Location: Newquay, Cornwall
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: Renault Sport Clio 172
lol sorry i dont live in compton ! I live in england! i changed because i thought nobody answered because i was english! i think this is about 14k dollars

So is it good mileage for what it is thanks for answering!
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Solidjake's Avatar
Solidjake Solidjake is offline
The one and only
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,669
Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
I just spit coffee all over my computer.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
jonathan2263's Avatar
jonathan2263 jonathan2263 is online now
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Location: Far Hills , NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,499
Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedE46 View Post
dowm with scuderia

go red bull
As they say ..."in order to finish first , first you've got to finish ". RB's are quick but fragile , a mark of all Adrien Newey cars . Alonso will win WDC and Ferrari will win constructors because of good car and solid reliability . Look for more podium finishes and maybe a win for Massa in Malaysia .

Great race this weekend though . Alonso and Ham drove great and Alonso's late breaking move on Ham causing Weber to hit him was amazing . I love it when the weather messes things up and you end up with fast cars coming from the back . Always exciting ...

Vettel will win his first WDC in 2012 , when he takes Massa's seat at Ferrari .
__________________


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
jcourcoul jcourcoul is offline
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
Location: Mexico
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,192
Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
... and Schumacher will soon discover that it would have been better to remain as well-paid Ferrari consultant, rather than risk life and limb for a quixotic pursuit with Mercedes...
__________________

2006 325Ci
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
jonathan2263's Avatar
jonathan2263 jonathan2263 is online now
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Location: Far Hills , NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,499
Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourcoul View Post
... and Schumacher will soon discover that it would have been better to remain as well-paid Ferrari consultant, rather than risk life and limb for a quixotic pursuit with Mercedes...
No doubt , especially after Rosberg beats him a few more times .

by the way , Karun Chandohk and HRT Cosworth rule for finishing the race with no previous running. And Virgin F1 can't finish a race because their fuel tank is too small !?!?! CFD=Computational Fluid Dynamics or Complete F'ing Disaster ?

Not that I'm very into F1...
__________________


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 PM
ThreeTwoFive ThreeTwoFive is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,542
Mein Auto: B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
I just spit coffee all over my computer.





I'm house sitting and taking care of the two sissiest dogs I've ever known. Boo.
Yeah its hilarious isnt it?

Still doesnt make sense why in the world you would put a wheel under car where as it takes 2 seconds on to put a spare on. idk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
SmokedE46's Avatar
SmokedE46 SmokedE46 is offline
chillen
Location: Fairfield CT.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,438
Mein Auto: 01 330CI 5spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
As they say ..."in order to finish first , first you've got to finish ". RB's are quick but fragile , a mark of all Adrien Newey cars . Alonso will win WDC and Ferrari will win constructors because of good car and solid reliability . Look for more podium finishes and maybe a win for Massa in Malaysia .

Great race this weekend though . Alonso and Ham drove great and Alonso's late breaking move on Ham causing Weber to hit him was amazing . I love it when the weather messes things up and you end up with fast cars coming from the back . Always exciting ...

Vettel will win his first WDC in 2012 , when he takes Massa's seat at Ferrari .
I see the Ferraris doing well, but I got a gut feeling Vettle will start winning and getting podiums. The end of the year I think will be between Alonso, Vettle, Hamilton.

As for Shumi, once he gets back up to speed, Hell start running up front aswell.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
jonathan2263's Avatar
jonathan2263 jonathan2263 is online now
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Location: Far Hills , NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,499
Mein Auto: 325iT
Forecast for Malaysia is rain on all three days . Should be loads of fun . Any takers on a win for Force India ???
__________________


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Solidjake's Avatar
Solidjake Solidjake is offline
The one and only
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,669
Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Yeah its hilarious isnt it?

Still doesnt make sense why in the world you would put a wheel under car where as it takes 2 seconds on to put a spare on. idk
Because if you're using a crappy jack as soon as you take the wheel off it fails... I really hope you need to change a wheel and the jack fails on you.
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Ryans323i's Avatar
Ryans323i Ryans323i is offline
Little Miss Ry
Location: Asheville, NC
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via AIM to Ryans323i
Mein Auto: 1999 3pedal 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Because if you're using a crappy jack as soon as you take the wheel off it fails... I really hope you need to change a wheel and the jack fails on you.
That's mean. I would never hope upon anyone that a jack fail on them, especially without a safety net (even if that's a spare under the frame). I'd recommend getting a different jack to keep in the car or having a great friend w/ a truck who carries/can carry a jack to you.

I saw a scissor jack at walmart for about 20 bucks, I considered getting it to replace the one that came w/ the car (looked more sturdier, but not for anything more than a wheel swap) but I figure if I run into trouble I'll just call the BF and make him come rescue me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
ThreeTwoFive ThreeTwoFive is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,542
Mein Auto: B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Because if you're using a crappy jack as soon as you take the wheel off it fails... I really hope you need to change a wheel and the jack fails on you.
Maybe your just retarded and dont know how to use OEM jack. Im pretty sure if jacks started to fail, someone would have been killed by know and there would of been a recall by now. I've used it 2 times on the side of the road and it did a flawless job. Don't blame the jack, if the operator doesnt know how use it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
SmokedE46's Avatar
SmokedE46 SmokedE46 is offline
chillen
Location: Fairfield CT.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,438
Mein Auto: 01 330CI 5spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
Forecast for Malaysia is rain on all three days . Should be loads of fun . Any takers on a win for Force India ???
Doubt F I gets a win this early in the season. But you know what rain is called in F1, VETTLE WEATHER.

I just wish BMW had hung in there, and also I would have LOVED to see USF1 make the grid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Ryans323i's Avatar
Ryans323i Ryans323i is offline
Little Miss Ry
Location: Asheville, NC
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via AIM to Ryans323i
Mein Auto: 1999 3pedal 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Maybe your just retarded and dont know how to use OEM jack. Im pretty sure if jacks started to fail, someone would have been killed by know and there would of been a recall by now. I've used it 2 times on the side of the road and it did a flawless job. Don't blame the jack, if the operator doesnt know how use it.
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps. I realize that most jack fails are due to hydraulic failures, which our oem jacks are not hydraulic, BUT I've had the lovely experience of jacking the car in emergency (to check the driver's side rear wheel bearing, which incurs the need to disengage the e-brake) on what I thought was even ground, and guess what, the car rolled, tweaked the jack, and caused it to fail. I couldn't imagine if I had had the wheel off trying to change a flat on the side of the possibly unlevel road. Oh dear! So just maybe, the thought of sacrificing a rim for the saving of one's axle, suspension, frame, or even one's life, isn't so ridiculous.
__________________

Last edited by Ryans323i; 03-31-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
ThreeTwoFive ThreeTwoFive is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,542
Mein Auto: B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps. I realize that most jack fails are due to hydraulic failures, which our oem jacks are not hydraulic, BUT I've had the lovely experience of jacking the car in emergency (to check the driver's side rear wheel bearing, which incurs the need to disengage the e-brake) on what I thought was even ground, and guess what, the car rolled, tweaked the jack, and caused it to fail. I couldn't imagine if I had had the wheel off trying to change a flat on the side of the possibly unlevel road. Oh dear! So just maybe, the thought of sacrificing a rim for the saving of one's axle, suspension, frame, or even one's life, isn't so ridiculous.
You got it all wrong girl! Our land is not flat at all...that would be the dakota or iowa your thinking of...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 04-01-2010, 02:41 AM
jcourcoul jcourcoul is offline
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
Location: Mexico
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,192
Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
You got it all wrong girl! Our land is not flat at all...that would be the dakota or iowa your thinking of...
You know, Miss Ry, I think he's right....

..you see, they have these enormeous potholes, might need a VW Beetle to fill one up....

__________________

2006 325Ci
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Moeman10's Avatar
Moeman10 Moeman10 is offline
hookersandblow
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,829
Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
Only 21 pages?

weaksos

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 AM
GoingNuts GoingNuts is offline
Banned
Location: London
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 599
Mein Auto: 04 330Ci M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Maybe your just retarded and dont know how to use OEM jack. Im pretty sure if jacks started to fail, someone would have been killed by know and there would of been a recall by now. I've used it 2 times on the side of the road and it did a flawless job. Don't blame the jack, if the operator doesnt know how use it.
Those jacks do fail and will fail if you try anything more than lifting the tire just off the ground. There were plenty of stories about the jack failing and the car falling on noobs. They usually come away without a scratch. Still I find it amusing these idiots need to have part of their bodies under the car just to change wheels. I had a rotor falling on the inside rim of my unbolted wheel once as I tried to dump the weight of the car on the wheel to dislodge it, and the paint was barely marked. Even 3 year old children know how a sea saw works, I am surprised people here don't. Do we have 2 year olds here ?

Last edited by GoingNuts; 04-01-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Chris S Chris S is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 797
Mein Auto: 1997 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman10 View Post
Only 21 pages?

weaksos

now now, be nice they like to stay on topic.. they know their business... but what does that say about us?
__________________

Tinting, Phillips Vision Bulbs, NGK standard Spark Plugs, Yokohama S-Drive Tyres
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Moeman10's Avatar
Moeman10 Moeman10 is offline
hookersandblow
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,829
Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is

It's all in good fun
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
jonathan2263's Avatar
jonathan2263 jonathan2263 is online now
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Location: Far Hills , NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,499
Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedE46 View Post
Doubt F I gets a win this early in the season. But you know what rain is called in F1, VETTLE WEATHER.

I just wish BMW had hung in there, and also I would have LOVED to see USF1 make the grid.
I got this spy photo from an friend who works at the wind tunnel in SC . Apparently this is what the USF1 car would have looked like had they made it to the grid ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usf1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	224323  
__________________


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Solidjake's Avatar
Solidjake Solidjake is offline
The one and only
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,669
Mein Auto: 2002 330i
At work. Going to be a long day -__-
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Solidjake's Avatar
Solidjake Solidjake is offline
The one and only
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,669
Mein Auto: 2002 330i
-__- another screw in the same freaking tire. WTFFFFF. Someone is planting these.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
SmokedE46's Avatar
SmokedE46 SmokedE46 is offline
chillen
Location: Fairfield CT.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,438
Mein Auto: 01 330CI 5spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
I got this spy photo from an friend who works at the wind tunnel in SC . Apparently this is what the USF1 car would have looked like had they made it to the grid ...
That is down right not even funny. I know the car prob wouldnt have been the sexiest on the grid but cmon dude. haha.
Webber on pole in Malaysia WOOOO RED BULL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 04-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Ryans323i's Avatar
Ryans323i Ryans323i is offline
Little Miss Ry
Location: Asheville, NC
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via AIM to Ryans323i
Mein Auto: 1999 3pedal 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
-__- another screw in the same freaking tire. WTFFFFF. Someone is planting these.
Of course but you never get out long enough for me to get ya.

Actually, I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. Lousy luck I guess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
-*nga*-


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms