Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Little Miss Ry

Send a message via AIM to Ryans323i
Mein Auto: 1999 3pedal 323i
^^^The steering wheel is on the wrong side. You may get shot driving like that in Compton. But if you're really in Compton and already driving a Clio then I guess you'll be alright. The 318i looks nice, but since it's in the UK auto trader, references miles, and the price is in pounds, it's weird. I'm questioning the validity of your entire post. kthanksbye
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Mein Auto: Renault Sport Clio 172
lol sorry i dont live in compton ! I live in england! i changed because i thought nobody answered because i was english! i think this is about 14k dollars

So is it good mileage for what it is thanks for answering!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:57 PM
The one and only

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
I just spit coffee all over my computer.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedE46 View Post
dowm with scuderia

go red bull
As they say ..."in order to finish first , first you've got to finish ". RB's are quick but fragile , a mark of all Adrien Newey cars . Alonso will win WDC and Ferrari will win constructors because of good car and solid reliability . Look for more podium finishes and maybe a win for Massa in Malaysia .

Great race this weekend though . Alonso and Ham drove great and Alonso's late breaking move on Ham causing Weber to hit him was amazing . I love it when the weather messes things up and you end up with fast cars coming from the back . Always exciting ...

Vettel will win his first WDC in 2012 , when he takes Massa's seat at Ferrari .

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Supporter of Bimmer Lore

Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
... and Schumacher will soon discover that it would have been better to remain as well-paid Ferrari consultant, rather than risk life and limb for a quixotic pursuit with Mercedes...

2006 325Ci
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourcoul View Post
... and Schumacher will soon discover that it would have been better to remain as well-paid Ferrari consultant, rather than risk life and limb for a quixotic pursuit with Mercedes...
No doubt , especially after Rosberg beats him a few more times .

by the way , Karun Chandohk and HRT Cosworth rule for finishing the race with no previous running. And Virgin F1 can't finish a race because their fuel tank is too small !?!?! CFD=Computational Fluid Dynamics or Complete F'ing Disaster ?

Not that I'm very into F1...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: B25
Quote:
I just spit coffee all over my computer.

I'm house sitting and taking care of the two sissiest dogs I've ever known. Boo.
Yeah its hilarious isnt it?

Still doesnt make sense why in the world you would put a wheel under car where as it takes 2 seconds on to put a spare on. idk
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
chillen

Mein Auto: 01 330CI 5spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
As they say ..."in order to finish first , first you've got to finish ". RB's are quick but fragile , a mark of all Adrien Newey cars . Alonso will win WDC and Ferrari will win constructors because of good car and solid reliability . Look for more podium finishes and maybe a win for Massa in Malaysia .

Great race this weekend though . Alonso and Ham drove great and Alonso's late breaking move on Ham causing Weber to hit him was amazing . I love it when the weather messes things up and you end up with fast cars coming from the back . Always exciting ...

Vettel will win his first WDC in 2012 , when he takes Massa's seat at Ferrari .
I see the Ferraris doing well, but I got a gut feeling Vettle will start winning and getting podiums. The end of the year I think will be between Alonso, Vettle, Hamilton.

As for Shumi, once he gets back up to speed, Hell start running up front aswell.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Forecast for Malaysia is rain on all three days . Should be loads of fun . Any takers on a win for Force India ???

Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Yeah its hilarious isnt it?

Still doesnt make sense why in the world you would put a wheel under car where as it takes 2 seconds on to put a spare on. idk
Because if you're using a crappy jack as soon as you take the wheel off it fails... I really hope you need to change a wheel and the jack fails on you.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Little Miss Ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Because if you're using a crappy jack as soon as you take the wheel off it fails... I really hope you need to change a wheel and the jack fails on you.
That's mean. I would never hope upon anyone that a jack fail on them, especially without a safety net (even if that's a spare under the frame). I'd recommend getting a different jack to keep in the car or having a great friend w/ a truck who carries/can carry a jack to you.

I saw a scissor jack at walmart for about 20 bucks, I considered getting it to replace the one that came w/ the car (looked more sturdier, but not for anything more than a wheel swap) but I figure if I run into trouble I'll just call the BF and make him come rescue me.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Maybe your just retarded and dont know how to use OEM jack. Im pretty sure if jacks started to fail, someone would have been killed by know and there would of been a recall by now. I've used it 2 times on the side of the road and it did a flawless job. Don't blame the jack, if the operator doesnt know how use it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
chillen

Quote:
Forecast for Malaysia is rain on all three days . Should be loads of fun . Any takers on a win for Force India ???
Doubt F I gets a win this early in the season. But you know what rain is called in F1, VETTLE WEATHER.

I just wish BMW had hung in there, and also I would have LOVED to see USF1 make the grid.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Little Miss Ry

Quote:
Maybe your just retarded and dont know how to use OEM jack. Im pretty sure if jacks started to fail, someone would have been killed by know and there would of been a recall by now. I've used it 2 times on the side of the road and it did a flawless job. Don't blame the jack, if the operator doesnt know how use it.
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps. I realize that most jack fails are due to hydraulic failures, which our oem jacks are not hydraulic, BUT I've had the lovely experience of jacking the car in emergency (to check the driver's side rear wheel bearing, which incurs the need to disengage the e-brake) on what I thought was even ground, and guess what, the car rolled, tweaked the jack, and caused it to fail. I couldn't imagine if I had had the wheel off trying to change a flat on the side of the possibly unlevel road. Oh dear! So just maybe, the thought of sacrificing a rim for the saving of one's axle, suspension, frame, or even one's life, isn't so ridiculous.

Last edited by Ryans323i; 03-31-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps. I realize that most jack fails are due to hydraulic failures, which our oem jacks are not hydraulic, BUT I've had the lovely experience of jacking the car in emergency (to check the driver's side rear wheel bearing, which incurs the need to disengage the e-brake) on what I thought was even ground, and guess what, the car rolled, tweaked the jack, and caused it to fail. I couldn't imagine if I had had the wheel off trying to change a flat on the side of the possibly unlevel road. Oh dear! So just maybe, the thought of sacrificing a rim for the saving of one's axle, suspension, frame, or even one's life, isn't so ridiculous.
You got it all wrong girl! Our land is not flat at all...that would be the dakota or iowa your thinking of...
Old 04-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Supporter of Bimmer Lore

Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
Quote:
You're also in MINNESOTA! Your horizon looks like someone flat-lined. The only inclines you're familiar with are handicap access ramps.
Quote:
You got it all wrong girl! Our land is not flat at all...that would be the dakota or iowa your thinking of...
You know, Miss Ry, I think he's right....

..you see, they have these enormeous potholes, might need a VW Beetle to fill one up....

2006 325Ci
Old 04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
Only 21 pages?

weaksos

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 04 330Ci M-Sport
Quote:
Those jacks do fail and will fail if you try anything more than lifting the tire just off the ground. There were plenty of stories about the jack failing and the car falling on noobs. They usually come away without a scratch. Still I find it amusing these idiots need to have part of their bodies under the car just to change wheels. I had a rotor falling on the inside rim of my unbolted wheel once as I tried to dump the weight of the car on the wheel to dislodge it, and the paint was barely marked. Even 3 year old children know how a sea saw works, I am surprised people here don't. Do we have 2 year olds here ?

Last edited by GoingNuts; 04-01-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman10 View Post
Only 21 pages?

weaksos

now now, be nice they like to stay on topic.. they know their business... but what does that say about us?

Tinting, Phillips Vision Bulbs, NGK standard Spark Plugs, Yokohama S-Drive Tyres
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 AM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is

It's all in good fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedE46 View Post
Doubt F I gets a win this early in the season. But you know what rain is called in F1, VETTLE WEATHER.

I just wish BMW had hung in there, and also I would have LOVED to see USF1 make the grid.
I got this spy photo from an friend who works at the wind tunnel in SC . Apparently this is what the USF1 car would have looked like had they made it to the grid ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usf1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	224323  

Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
The one and only

At work. Going to be a long day -__-
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
The one and only

-__- another screw in the same freaking tire. WTFFFFF. Someone is planting these.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
chillen

Quote:
I got this spy photo from an friend who works at the wind tunnel in SC . Apparently this is what the USF1 car would have looked like had they made it to the grid ...
That is down right not even funny. I know the car prob wouldnt have been the sexiest on the grid but cmon dude. haha.
Webber on pole in Malaysia WOOOO RED BULL.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Little Miss Ry

Quote:
-__- another screw in the same freaking tire. WTFFFFF. Someone is planting these.
Of course but you never get out long enough for me to get ya.

Actually, I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. Lousy luck I guess.