Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Mobile Electronics and Lighting

Mobile Electronics and Lighting
Car Stereos, Cell Phones, DDEs, HIDs, foglights etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
drez14 drez14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 45
Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745Li
Hello,

I think i might need some clarification on how this works. I have a E66 with an L7 amp that is broken (wont drive the subs) Will this device help me go around my broken amp, or do i need a properly functioning amp for this to work. At first i thought that this will bypass the amp, but im beginning to get the feeling (from reading other posts about L7), that this will only convert the high output signals from a working amp to low output signals to be routed to an aftermarket amp.

thanks

Willis
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Hi Willis

A functioning OEM amp is required for this harness to work.

The issue with the Logic7/Premium OEM amp is that it is a digital-proprietary (MOST) inputs amp so a proprietary device is required to handle those inputs. There is no aftermarket amp that can be used to directly replace your OEM amp.

There is a MOST preamp device available for certain BMW but it is not available for the 7-Series in particular: http://www.mobridge.us/sites/default..._Manual_V3.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez14 View Post
Hello,

I think i might need some clarification on how this works. I have a E66 with an L7 amp that is broken (wont drive the subs) Will this device help me go around my broken amp, or do i need a properly functioning amp for this to work. At first i thought that this will bypass the amp, but im beginning to get the feeling (from reading other posts about L7), that this will only convert the high output signals from a working amp to low output signals to be routed to an aftermarket amp.thanks

Willis
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-22-2011, 04:47 PM
drez14 drez14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 45
Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745Li
Thanks for the reply technic. I thought i could get away with a fast one this time, but it looks like my 7 has beat me yet again.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:25 AM
gadg8man gadg8man is offline
Registered User
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 0
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X5 4.8i
Amplifier harness for E70 X5 with Hifi stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Improved harness is now available:



- add a trunk sub and/or power the underseat woofers with a separate amp, no need to cut OEM wires or harness itself
- quick underseat woofers connectors with 12AWG wires labeled for easy connection to your aftermarket amp outputs

Price the same, $85 shipped... :thumbsup:
I am designing an audio system for my 2007 E70 X5 and I would like to use one of your wiring harnesses, they look great and I would prefer to not have to splice into the factory wiring harness if possible.

I am planning on using the JBL MS-8 connected to a JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier.
The MS-8 requires either a full range low level input or several speaker level inputs that can be summed to provide the full range signal. I would prefer the speaker level input, to remove the LOC from the picture and reduce the possibility of noise in the system.

Can you provide a harness that would have the speaker outputs clearly indicated that can just be plugged directly into the amplifier? If so, I would like to order one.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Newfoundland, Canada
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Hi Chris

I can create a MS-8 to OEM harness (no LOC) for full integration depending of the X5 OEM system. I have no Top HiFi harnesses available for the next 3-4 weeks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadg8man View Post
I am designing an audio system for my 2007 E70 X5 and I would like to use one of your wiring harnesses, they look great and I would prefer to not have to splice into the factory wiring harness if possible.

I am planning on using the JBL MS-8 connected to a JL Audio HD900/5 amplifier.
The MS-8 requires either a full range low level input or several speaker level inputs that can be summed to provide the full range signal. I would prefer the speaker level input, to remove the LOC from the picture and reduce the possibility of noise in the system.

Can you provide a harness that would have the speaker outputs clearly indicated that can just be plugged directly into the amplifier? If so, I would like to order one.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Newfoundland, Canada
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Firebirddrvr Firebirddrvr is offline
Registered User
Location: Goldsboro, NC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: BMW 335I
Im looking to add a kicker solo baric with 1000 watt amp to my 2007 e90. I'm pretty sure I have the logic 7 system. Will this harness work for me? And all I will need to add is the power and ground correct?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirddrvr View Post
Im looking to add a kicker solo baric with 1000 watt amp to my 2007 e90. I'm pretty sure I have the logic 7 system. Will this harness work for me? And all I will need to add is the power and ground correct?
Yes you do, yes it will, yes that's it...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-05-2011, 01:17 PM
jason53 jason53 is offline
Registered User
Location: virginia
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 335i
Any update on when the harness will be available....
Regards,
Impatient in VA
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
The harness should be available the week of the 20th of May...
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Harness will be available for sale by next Tuesday... thanks for your patience and support.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Harness is available...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-24-2011, 06:21 AM
jason53 jason53 is offline
Registered User
Location: virginia
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Harness is available...
Awesome, what is the best way to order?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason53 View Post
Awesome, what is the best way to order?
Use PM, please...
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 PM
g9buf g9buf is offline
Registered User
Location: uk
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
As a quick and efficient solution for those that would like to either add a trunk sub or replace the OEM woofers with SWS-8 (or doing both), this is a custom made, plug 'n play complete harness with a built in, 150W max Navone LOC -custom made for this particular application- with remote turn on signal output right at the harness itself -no need to run a remote wire from the cabin.



This harness connects between the OEM amp and the OEM audio connector using OEM connectors, wires are properly soldered and labeled so no OEM wires need to be cut, spliced or tapped cut. Just plug it and add the amp. Navone LOC takes care of the Logic7 high power woofer outputs, so interface with any aftermarket amp is guaranteed.

Quantities are very limited as this is just a test of the potential market of a harness like this. It can be also used in 1-, 3-Series and X5/X6 Individual Audio/Premium systems.

Price: $75 thru PayPal shipped in the USA, 1 year warranty in case of defects or malfunctions. Warranty void if harness is modified in any way.
hello mate im in the uk i want 1 of these looms for my e60 m5 with logic 7 could you send one over for me ?? thanks dude
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by g9buf View Post
hello mate im in the uk i want 1 of these looms for my e60 m5 with logic 7 could you send one over for me ?? thanks dude
PM replied...
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-30-2011, 11:53 AM
robsey29 robsey29 is offline
Registered User
Location: uk
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 0
Mein Auto: e60
Hi mate could you tell me will this fit a e60 2005 with the standard system?

If so could you pm me a price with delivery to the uk!

Cheers
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsey29 View Post
Hi mate could you tell me will this fit a e60 2005 with the standard system?

If so could you pm me a price with delivery to the uk!

Cheers
Matt
If your standard system is the Stereo system (6-speakers, no OEM amp) then this harness will not work.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Bump...
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Bump...
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 AM
edmonem's Avatar
edmonem edmonem is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oahu, hawaii
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 632
Mein Auto: 97 528i
cool product man, looks simple and effective. i have a 97 528i without dsp...i have no idea what this logic7 system is????? but would your setup work fine for my e39? im very interested in your product. let me know.... thanks.
__________________
BMWCCA member #446696
aloha state
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonem View Post
cool product man, looks simple and effective. i have a 97 528i without dsp...i have no idea what this logic7 system is????? but would your setup work fine for my e39? im very interested in your product. let me know.... thanks.
Unfortunately, no.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM
rilot rilot is offline
Registered User
Location: Twyford, UK
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2006 750i Sport
I'm interested in one of these for my UK L7 equipped 750i. Can you ship to the UK?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Boostednut Boostednut is offline
Registered User
Location: Columbus, Ohio
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 0
Mein Auto: 745Li
I need one of these I have a 2002 745Li I will check to see if I have the logic 7 my goal is to run aftermarket subs/amp and run a separate amp on the front and rear high/mid speakers..is this possible?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilot View Post
I'm interested in one of these for my UK L7 equipped 750i. Can you ship to the UK?
Yes I can... please use PM for details.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,938
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostednut View Post
I need one of these I have a 2002 745Li I will check to see if I have the logic 7 my goal is to run aftermarket subs/amp and run a separate amp on the front and rear high/mid speakers..is this possible?
This Logic7 harness is only for adding a aftermarket amp to your OEM amp to either drive a trunk sub, power the underseat woofers or both as is.

If you want to add more amplifiers to drive the rest of your speakers then the harness itself will have to be cut and modified accordingly. I do not support/warrantee such use but it can be done, however you will need more than just adding another amp (search for JBL MS-8).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Mobile Electronics and Lighting
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms