Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: KTM Duke II
URGENT REQUEST for 2002 M Coupe owners!

Hi all,

This is an urgent request to help out a fellow M Coupe owner! I'm seeking another 2002 M Coupe owner with all black interior in the Sacremento,
CA area.

Right now I'm dealing with a use 2002 M Coupe with an all black interior which had the normal Z3 seats installed in it at the factory and I'm trying
to get BMWNA and Niello BMW (the original dealer who sold the car) to fix their mistake and replace the normal Z3 seats with correct Z3M seats
as it should have been equipped with.

Unfortunately the people at Niello BMW didn't catch the bad build at the point of pre-inspection and the original owner (a dentist who's been
contacted) wasn't an enthusiast enough to notice the difference in the seats when taking delivery. He also stated that this car was not custom
ordered in anyway (I also have the window sticker to prove that).

At this point BMWNA told me to bring the car to the original dealer (3hr roundtrip for me) to have them inspect it to see if the seats installed
came with the car from the factory. If it was determined that the normal Z3 seats were indeed installed in the vehicle from the factory, a "Wrong
Build Form" can be submitted by Niello to rectify it. This essentially means the factory would send out the correct seats at no cost to the
dealership other than them having to spend the time to install it. This was told to me by James at x7326 from BMWNA (800-831-1117). The
regional tech rep dropped by the dealership yesterday (10/14) and verified that the seats present were installed at the factory, great that's what I
needed to verify... now here's the kicker.

They are stating that those normal Z3 seats are what M Coupes come equipped with! Not only the regional rep but the General Manager and
New Car manager of Niello BMW! I don't want to seem like a know-it-all but really, with all the Z3 vs Z3M cars they must have seen over the
years can they honestly not tell the difference in the seat design between the two???

As such, I'm seeking any local Sacremento 2002 M Coupe owner to help me out by bringing in their car and showing them their all black M seats
with an appropriate 2002 VIN. They need to see what an all black interior is suppose to be equipped with as they don't seem to have a clue or are
too lazy to take the extra 5 star effort to correct a problem they didn't catch at the point of sale.

Heck, I would settle for anyone with a 2002 M Coupe in the country with an all black interior who can provide their VIN and photos to help
support my case and get BMWNA and Niello off their butt to rectify this problem.

Hope someone can help... please email me if you can or post a followup.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2003, 11:17 AM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki
Hi all,

This is an urgent request to help out a fellow M Coupe owner! I'm seeking another 2002 M Coupe owner with all black interior in the Sacremento,
CA area.

Right now I'm dealing with a use 2002 M Coupe with an all black interior which had the normal Z3 seats installed in it at the factory and I'm trying
to get BMWNA and Niello BMW (the original dealer who sold the car) to fix their mistake and replace the normal Z3 seats with correct Z3M seats
as it should have been equipped with.

Unfortunately the people at Niello BMW didn't catch the bad build at the point of pre-inspection and the original owner (a dentist who's been
contacted) wasn't an enthusiast enough to notice the difference in the seats when taking delivery. He also stated that this car was not custom
ordered in anyway (I also have the window sticker to prove that).

At this point BMWNA told me to bring the car to the original dealer (3hr roundtrip for me) to have them inspect it to see if the seats installed
came with the car from the factory. If it was determined that the normal Z3 seats were indeed installed in the vehicle from the factory, a "Wrong
Build Form" can be submitted by Niello to rectify it. This essentially means the factory would send out the correct seats at no cost to the
dealership other than them having to spend the time to install it. This was told to me by James at x7326 from BMWNA (800-831-1117). The
regional tech rep dropped by the dealership yesterday (10/14) and verified that the seats present were installed at the factory, great that's what I
needed to verify... now here's the kicker.

They are stating that those normal Z3 seats are what M Coupes come equipped with! Not only the regional rep but the General Manager and
New Car manager of Niello BMW! I don't want to seem like a know-it-all but really, with all the Z3 vs Z3M cars they must have seen over the
years can they honestly not tell the difference in the seat design between the two???

As such, I'm seeking any local Sacremento 2002 M Coupe owner to help me out by bringing in their car and showing them their all black M seats
with an appropriate 2002 VIN. They need to see what an all black interior is suppose to be equipped with as they don't seem to have a clue or are
too lazy to take the extra 5 star effort to correct a problem they didn't catch at the point of sale.

Heck, I would settle for anyone with a 2002 M Coupe in the country with an all black interior who can provide their VIN and photos to help
support my case and get BMWNA and Niello off their butt to rectify this problem.

Hope someone can help... please email me if you can or post a followup.

Thanks in advance
From my '01 M coupe.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
You will probably lose this battle.

If you have an 02, it might have been built after the build-out date which the factory used up all of the stock inventory. No new parts orders. Plus, the old adage "specifications are subject to change without notice" applies.

I think the Z3C seats are nicer anyway. Good luck.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 10-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Loki,

My dealings with Niello have been less than fun. PM me I may have a option for you.