Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320D
Performance upgrades for 320D?

Hi there Iv got a E46 320D which I feel is really lacking power as I am used to cars with at least 170bhp and at the moment I feel its running a bit rough I'll be lucky if I'm getting 100bhp out of her. 0 - 60 mm not bad 60 - 100 well I'll probably only get there if the road is going down hill. Any help guys I would love to hear thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 02-14-2010, 08:04 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
Turbo
Old 02-14-2010, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320D
What about the turbo? replacement ? bigger?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: e46 320d
Hmm, I thought 320d's came with 150bhp its the reason I bought mine because I thought it was well balanced between fuel economy and reasonable power.

Link to Parkers website showing the specs of the e46 320d

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/....aspx?model=96

Having said that though I'm still thinking about tuning mine, just to try and get a bit more power without loosing much on the mpg and I'm thinking about this set up recommended by Sanspeed in Bexleyheath about 40mins from Croydon. New exhaust system, air induction kit and custom ecu remap. They do use the brand name Superchips for ecu remaps but they say its programming is too generalised which is why they're looking at a custom ecu remap. They said they would give the test print offs as well so I could see power outputs before and after the work and could usually expect see end gains taking it to between 180 and 200 bhp. They quoted me about 700 for all that back in Feb 09. Its the next thing on my list now since I've wedged out for the coupe style rear LED lights and xenon headlamps with CCFL angel rings.

Last edited by OFFWiTYuRHeD; 03-23-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: adding details
Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 320td compact m sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFWiTYuRHeD View Post
Hmm, I thought 320d's came with 150bhp its the reason I bought mine because I thought it was well balanced between fuel economy and reasonable power.

Link to Parkers website showing the specs of the e46 320d

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/....aspx?model=96

Having said that though I'm still thinking about tuning mine, just to try and get a bit more power without loosing much on the mpg and I'm thinking about this set up recommended by Sanspeed in Bexleyheath about 40mins from Croydon. New exhaust system, air induction kit and custom ecu remap. They do use the brand name Superchips for ecu remaps but they say its programming is too generalised which is why they're looking at a custom ecu remap. They said they would give the test print offs as well so I could see power outputs before and after the work and could usually expect see end gains taking it to between 180 and 200 bhp. They quoted me about 700 for all that back in Feb 09. Its the next thing on my list now since I've wedged out for the coupe style rear LED lights and xenon headlamps with CCFL angel rings.

I remapped my 320td sport, and put a k&n filter = 205bhp have been driving it hard for 1 year now no problems yet. 35mpg if driving hard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	244178