Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: '98 328is
Unhappy Help with seat occupancy sensor & bypass

After having my error code checked, found out the passenger side occupancy sensor is bad, and thought I would try this work around.

http://web.archive.org/web/200502140...s/Recaros.html

Last night I collected all the parts necessary from Radio Shack to complete this, only to realize I have no idea how to put it together...The website only gives a schematic, which I'm sure most people understand, except me. So I'm basically wondering if someone can provide me with a little more information or a link on what wires/resistors/diodes to connect, twist, solder, cut, etc...

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kyle
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Have you looked under your seat and found the interface module shown in the first picture in the 5th row of photos? You need to find it, and check the connections on both ends before you do anything else. There is a set of wires that come from the cable way in the floor that goes to one end. The other end has a connector and the cable that goes to it goes up into the seat to the occupancy sensor.
Even if the connectors are in place, you need to try disconnecting and reconnecting them to clean the contacts. Then you need to have the SRS codes reset to see if that fixed the problem.
Sometimes just a dirty connection will trigger the SRS fault.
What ever you do you will still have to have the SRS system reset in order to clear the faults from memory.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: '98 328is
Well, I took the seat out, and added just the diode, no perf board and no resistors, as this seemed to be the easiest (yet most temporary) solution...I also reconnected the tensioner clip because that came back with a fault as well. I will report back after getting the codes reset, and hopefully will be srs light free!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Bimmer enthusiast

Mein Auto: 08 x5 3.0si
i'm bumping this such that i get subscribed. i'm about to do this so i am curious to see if this worked.