Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Spy Shots of the New Porsche 911 Convertible - Winter Testing

The Winding Road has snagged new spy shots of the new Porsche 911 (998) convertible winter testing. This is the least disguised pictures yet and give us some good insight into what the production version will look like.

As with the last 911 we saw, the convertible appears to be a little bit longer, making the back seat a little closer to being usable. The headlights are rasied a bit from the previous generation, and we can see the LED indicators and running lights in these photos. These shots give us a better look at the updated rear lighting, too, though somewhat masked by snow.

As before, expect two- and four-wheel drive versions of the new 911, with direct-injected engines and PDK gearbox. One change will be the electronic parking brake, which replaces the handbrake we were used to.

And as everybody can see, the classic 911 styling will be kept, greenhouse is very like the current version, but seems slightly longer to make the backseat roomier. Front will keep the headlamps that got back with the 997 but they will more raised due to safety regulations. In the rear, we will see the biggest changes with new radical designed rear lamps.

The new 911 will come in both two-wheel-drive and 4-wheel-drive, and the engines will further updated versions of the new direct-injection engines from the 997. Of course there will also be that great PDK-gearbox, and we guess that most Porsche buyers will get that rather than the manual gearbox. The good old handbrake will be changed into a modern electronic version.

Expect the new 911 Coupe to be unveiled first, and then six months after that the Convertible. The Targa enthusiasts will probably have to wait another six months for their model.

If you haven't checked out the spy shots of the new 911 Turbo check those out here - > http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=429419
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	219030   Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	219031   Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	219032   Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_4.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	219033   Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_5.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	219034  

Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Porsche-911-998-Convertible-Spy-Shot_6.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	219035  
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP 6-sp AW
Like anyone can even tell that that's a 911. I'll believe it when the press release is offical
2004 330i ZHP 6-spd, Alpine White/Black Cube/Alcantara, Koni FSDs w/ Eibach Prokit, no CDV, M3 RTAB with Vorschlag limiters, ULO-OEM Clears, Lightwerkz TFX upgrade, Blackout Kidneys, OEM M3 Strut Brace, OEM Bluetooth retrofit, DIY Clutch Stop, Sirius, Dr. VANOS kit, iPod integration